It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a former Evangelical "born again" explains why Protestantism isn't true

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
There is no evidence that Acts 2:38 has been added or changed.

And yet, oddly, you claim that other texts have been changed to "cover up the truth" -- why'd they forget about that one? Maybe because your cult's interpretation is invalid?

Originally posted by adjensen

Prove it.

Here is a video.
I don't watch videos, and yours doesn't work anyway.

I repeat, prove it -- where's the historical evidence that your cult has an unbroken line back to the Apostles, as you claim?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

And yet, oddly, you claim that other texts have been changed to "cover up the truth" -- why'd they forget about that one? Maybe because your cult's interpretation is invalid?

Again the Church is not a cult. Deny the evidence if you want.

I repeat, prove it -- where's the historical evidence that your cult has an unbroken line back to the Apostles, as you claim?

I posted evidence. If you choose to not watch it, that is your business. The video works fine for me.
edit on 23-1-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Again the Church is not a cult. Deny the evidence if you want.

The evidence is that Catholics wrote and preserved the Bible, and if they truly modified it to hide traces of your cult's doctrine, they missed an obvious one that you obsess on.

I posted evidence.

No, you posted a video, which means someone from your cult jabbering away, which isn't evidence. Give me something to read, research and examine the citations of.

The video works fine for me.

You'll have to explain how a blank screen on ATS, and a link that goes to a YouTube page that says

"This video does not exist. Sorry about that."

constitutes "working".
edit on 23-1-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

where's the historical evidence that your cult has an unbroken line back to the Apostles, as you claim?

1 - Technically all religions are a cult. Hindu. Buddhist. Muslim. Baptist. Catholic. Whatever. ANY religion is techinically a 'cult'.

CULT - Noun - .A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

2 - List of Catholic popes complete with names and dates that they were in charge of the Catholic (universal) church. The list does indeed go back to Peter, who was appointed as head of Jesus Church by .. (drum roll) ... JESUS. See Matthew 16:18

It is an unbroken chain. All Catholic priests correctly ordained in the Catholic Church can claim an unbroken chain back to Peter. Catholics point to Matthias, Judas replacement, to show how the chain for apostolic succession was started for priests. He was the first that they all 'lay hands on' and ordained after Jesus had ordained the 12 and gave them their mission at the Last Supper.

Early church writers (Fathers) such as Clement of Rome, Hegesippus, and Irenaeus make note of Apostolic succession in the Catholic Church in their writings. The fact that it exists is easily seen in the Council of Nicaea.

VERY FEW churches other than the Catholic Church can claim it and have evidence to support it.

edit on 1/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The evidence is that Catholics wrote and preserved the Bible, and if they truly modified it to hide traces of your cult's doctrine, they missed an obvious one that you obsess on.

Catholics did not write the Bible. The Bible was preserved by God, not Catholics. Catholics were only a tool that God used.

No, you posted a video, which means someone from your cult jabbering away, which isn't evidence. Give me something to read, research and examine the citations of.

Again, the Church is not a cult. Cults are led by a single leader, like a pope. The Church is led by the five fold ministry. The video provides evidence, not someone talking. You should really learn to view and study before you judge.

You'll have to explain how a blank screen on ATS, and a link that goes to a YouTube page that says

It works fine on my iPad, but I checked it on my desktop and it acts the way you describe. I'll try again.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Catholics did not write the Bible. The Bible was preserved by God, not Catholics. Catholics were only a tool that God used.

Oh come on. Catholics put the bible together. They decided which books would go in and they are the ones who took care of it. Just admit it. The bible is a Catholic book. Protestants didn't even exist until hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years after the bible was put together by a CATHOLIC COUNCIL.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Oh come on. Catholics put the bible together.

God used them. He also can use a donkey.

Protestants didn't even exist until hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years after the bible was put together by a CATHOLIC COUNCIL.

I did not say they did. Neither Protestants, nor Catholics are the Church.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Oh come on. Catholics put the bible together. They decided which books would go in and they are the ones who took care of it. Just admit it. The bible is a Catholic book. Protestants didn't even exist until hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years after the bible was put together by a CATHOLIC COUNCIL.

"Truejew" (who is neither) is neither a Catholic nor (supposedly) a Protestant -- he's a member of a "Pentecostal Oneness" church, which believes that there is no such thing as the Trinity -- God left where ever he was, came to Earth as an infant, grew up, had conversations with himself at Jesus' baptism, crucifixion and the Transfiguration (among other times) and then God died and was dead for three days before resurrection.

They base all that nonsense on one verse, Acts 2:38, because that says "baptize in the name of Jesus Christ."

What about Matthew 28:19, which says to baptize in the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit? They have a "special" Bible, a Jewish anti-Christian revision from the Middle Ages that cuts that verse to its first word - "Go". Yep, a one word Bible verse.

As for your video, Truejew, I watched it and it's a collage of pre-Augustinian quotes, most of which are taken out of context, absolute untruths, such as claiming that Arianism was simply about the Trinity, and then a huge gap between early theologians and someone in the 1700s, so it's not the proof you claim it was. Not that I thought it would be, but I did give you the benefit of the doubt and wasted seven minutes of my life watching it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Oh come on. Catholics put the bible together.

God used them. He also can use a donkey.

Protestants didn't even exist until hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years after the bible was put together by a CATHOLIC COUNCIL.

I did not say they did. Neither Protestants, nor Catholics are the Church.

truejew,
You don't show respect for God or for humanity. God always respects free will, He doesn't use anyone. Another
"used" comment is God used Mary, she is just a vessel. Imagine!!

If you profess the faith, Roman Catholicism is wrong, you are calling Our Lord a liar. Naming Peter, leader
of His Church on earth, Our Lord knows the future, He said "the gates of Hell will not prevail against My Church"
(Matt 16:18). So, until this day and till He comes again, you, me we all can know without fear of heresy...who God is and His loving marvelous plan for humanity. We are all sinners but in matters of faith and morals, the Church does not error. It is a gift from God.

Read the quotes of the first Christians, men taught by the Apostles, their beliefs are Roman Catholic. Start
with a few of the earliest Church Fathers, Iraneaus, Polycarp, Ignatius of Antioch...

Your avatar name, you profess some Protestant heresies here but say no to Protestantism above? Are you a
Messianic Jew or do you belong to one of their denominations (break aways)? Messianic Judaism is one of the
newest Protestant sects. Messianic Judaism was started by a Baptist minister to convert Jews to Protestantism.

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Your avatar name, you profess some Protestant heresies here but say no to Protestantism above? Are you a
Messianic Jew or do you belong to one of their denominations (break aways)? Messianic Judaism is one of the
newest Protestant sects. Messianic Judaism was started by a Baptist minister to convert Jews to Protestantism.

No, he's not a Jew in any sense of the word -- he doesn't even know what it means and doesn't understand that his username is an affront to God.

He belongs to a cult that's based in Tampa, Florida and preaches against the Doctrine of the Trinity, along with a bunch of other goofy beliefs -- if you want to be saved, you need to be baptized, through full immersion, in the name of Jesus Christ (not the normal "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" that Jesus taught) and THEN you need to be baptized in the Holy Spirit and demonstrate that baptism by speaking in tongues. Only once you've done all of those works are you "saved."

They're a cult (in my opinion) because they claim to be the "true church", that everyone else who disagrees in any fashion with them is condemned, and they're led by a charismatic leader by the name of Gary Reckart who has bestowed on himself the title of "Bishop", "Cohen" and "Doctor", despite not qualifying for any of those titles. Even fellow "Pentecostal Oneness" believers think that Reckart is a nut.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

"Truejew" (who is neither) is neither a Catholic nor (supposedly) a Protestant -- he's a member of a "Pentecostal Oneness" church, which believes that there is no such thing as the Trinity -- God left where ever he was, came to Earth as an infant, grew up, had conversations with himself at Jesus' baptism, crucifixion and the Transfiguration (among other times) and then God died and was dead for three days before resurrection.

They base all that nonsense on one verse, Acts 2:38, because that says "baptize in the name of Jesus Christ."

What about Matthew 28:19, which says to baptize in the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit? They have a "special" Bible, a Jewish anti-Christian revision from the Middle Ages that cuts that verse to its first word - "Go". Yep, a one word Bible verse.

As for your video, Truejew, I watched it and it's a collage of pre-Augustinian quotes, most of which are taken out of context, absolute untruths, such as claiming that Arianism was simply about the Trinity, and then a huge gap between early theologians and someone in the 1700s, so it's not the proof you claim it was. Not that I thought it would be, but I did give you the benefit of the doubt and wasted seven minutes of my life watching it.

Uh oh and oops, I just read the underlined. I never heard of the "Pentecostal Oneness" church. Thanks. Whoever they are, they are not Christian. Belief in the Holy Trinity is a must for Christians, a basic one
can't deny. Hold on truejew, in a very short time, you will better understand, the 2nd Pentecost is soon.

adjensen, your avatar pic is sooo cute,

colbe

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I never heard of the "Pentecostal Oneness" church. Thanks. Whoever they are, they are not Christian.

Google it... they're... "interesting". A church that preaches salvation by works and works alone. And you thought that the Seventh Day Adventists were kooks, lol.

I don't know if it's widespread, but "truejew"s particular brand of faith also revolves around the belief that the Bible was written in English, and anyone's name that has a part of something they find offensive must be spelled differently. Thus, he spells "Jeremiah" as "Jeremieh" because "Jeremiah" has the name of the moon god or a werewolf or something in it.

Oddly enough, he still refers to the book as "Jeremiah", though.

Hold on truejew, in a very short time, you will better understand, the 2nd Pentecost is soon.

I've made waking him up to the brainwashing he's gone through a personal mission, lol.

Seriously, I pray for him every day.

That is Oscar the dog

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

No, he's not a Jew in any sense of the word -- he doesn't even know what it means and doesn't understand that his username is an affront to God.

He belongs to a cult that's based in Tampa, Florida and preaches against the Doctrine of the Trinity, along with a bunch of other goofy beliefs -- if you want to be saved, you need to be baptized, through full immersion, in the name of Jesus Christ (not the normal "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" that Jesus taught) and THEN you need to be baptized in the Holy Spirit and demonstrate that baptism by speaking in tongues. Only once you've done all of those works are you "saved."

They're a cult (in my opinion) because they claim to be the "true church", that everyone else who disagrees in any fashion with them is condemned, and they're led by a charismatic leader by the name of Gary Reckart who has bestowed on himself the title of "Bishop", "Cohen" and "Doctor", despite not qualifying for any of those titles. Even fellow "Pentecostal Oneness" believers think that Reckart is a nut.

Oh my gosh, how wild. Like the RLDS, look at your history, there's your clue. Authority, authority, Our Lord was given all authority by the Father and in Matthew, Jesus passes on His authority to the Apostles.
The Apostles passed on this authority from Christ to their successors in an unbroken line, to this day.

The faith is Roman Catholicism.

wish NJ would believe,

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I never heard of the "Pentecostal Oneness" church. Thanks. Whoever they are, they are not Christian.

Google it... they're... "interesting". A church that preaches salvation by works and works alone. And you thought that the Seventh Day Adventists were kooks, lol.

I don't know if it's widespread, but "truejew"s particular brand of faith also revolves around the belief that the Bible was written in English, and anyone's name that has a part of something they find offensive must be spelled differently. Thus, he spells "Jeremiah" as "Jeremieh" because "Jeremiah" has the name of the moon god or a werewolf or something in it.

Oddly enough, he still refers to the book as "Jeremiah", though.

Hold on truejew, in a very short time, you will better understand, the 2nd Pentecost is soon.

I've made waking him up to the brainwashing he's gone through a personal mission, lol. Seriously, I pray for him every day.

That is Oscar the dog

adjensen,
The underlined makes me cry, oh joy! Prayer is the thing, more than anything we all try to share. NJ, you have
a friend who loves you very much.

hello Oscar,

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

God left where ever he was, came to Earth as an infant, grew up, had conversations with himself at Jesus' baptism, crucifixion and the Transfiguration (among other times) and then God died and was dead for three days before resurrection.

1 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)
16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

We base it on the entire Bible and truth is not nonsense.

There is much evidence that Matthew 28:18-20 has been messed with. Including quotes from trinitarian and even Catholic sources.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

truejew,
You don't show respect for God or for humanity.

Yes I do. God can use anyone and anything He wants.

God always respects free will, He doesn't use anyone. Another
"used" comment is God used Mary, she is just a vessel. Imagine!!

He respects our free will, but He also uses us for His purpose. God destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD by using the enemies of God. He did not mess with their free will though because they wanted to destroy Jerusalem. God uses the Church to spread His word. He does not take away the free will of the Church because the Church wants to spread His word.

If you profess the faith, Roman Catholicism is wrong, you are calling Our Lord a liar.

Jesus is not a liar.

Naming Peter, leader
of His Church on earth, Our Lord knows the future, He said "the gates of Hell will not prevail against My Church"
(Matt 16:18).

Peter was one of the apostles, not the only apostle, nor pope. The apostles and prophets are the foundation of the Church.

Read the quotes of the first Christians, men taught by the Apostles, their beliefs are Roman Catholic. Start
with a few of the earliest Church Fathers, Iraneaus, Polycarp, Ignatius of Antioch...

Ignatius and Polycarp were oneness. Iraneaus, while using some trinitarian thoughts, did write some things that are very oneness and against the trinity.

newest Protestant sects. Messianic Judaism was started by a Baptist minister to convert Jews to...

I am in the Jewish faith of the apostles which began on the day of Pentecost as recorded in the Bible.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Uh oh and oops, I just read the underlined. I never heard of the "Pentecostal Oneness" church. Thanks. Whoever they are, they are not Christian. Belief in the Holy Trinity is a must for Christians, a basic one
can't deny.

Can you provide Scripture for the necessity to believe in three gods/persons?

Also, Adjensen is speaking lies about us. You should learn what we believe from me not him.
edit on 24-1-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

Added note: If I am in need of "waking up" as Adjensen claims, I hope he hurries up and does it. However based on his fruits, lies, and lack of evidence, I do not see it happening.
edit on 24-1-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Added note: If I am in need of "waking up" as Adjensen claims, I hope he hurries up and does it.

You're in control of your own mind, bub. I can present the facts, but only you can open your eyes and see them for what they are. I've shown you how Reckart lies about his titles, his "college" and how he rejects Christ's message of humility, but none of that seems to matter to you.

Your theology is so ridiculous it's not worth my time to dig into the details, but there are plenty of others out there who have, such as this guy, who "escaped" from a cult like yours:

A Few Reasons I am No Longer a Oneness Pentecostal.
It would be nice if you spent seven minutes reading and thinking about that page, in repayment for the seven minutes I spent watching your video.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I can present the facts, but only you can open your eyes and see them for what they are.

Present the "facts" then. So far all you have done is lied, slandered, and name called. You show a lack of the fruit of the Spirit, which is also seen throughout the history of the Catholic and Protestant churches.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I can present the facts, but only you can open your eyes and see them for what they are.

Present the "facts" then. So far all you have done is lied, slandered, and name called. You show a lack of the fruit of the Spirit, which is also seen throughout the history of the Catholic and Protestant churches.

The dishonesty and arrogance of Gary Reckart is well documented in previous encounters and is not germane to this thread. I posted a link above to someone who has theological issues with your cult, you are welcome to demonstrate your "openness to the facts" by reading and meditating on that but, again, it is not germane to this thread.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join