It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes Virginia, there will be a gun ban after all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
with stats like the one below, how are we [the law abiding citizen] too keep and have the right to own a weapon of what type and the right to choose, the amount of rounds or mags we should/ could use?
www.langerresearch.com... from the link

poll finds overwhelming support for some moves: Eighty-eight percent favor background checks on firearms buyers at gun shows, 76 percent support checks on buyers of ammunition and 71 percent back a new federal database to track all gun sales.
Sixty-five percent also support banning high-capacity ammunition magazines, a high in three ABC/Post polls to test the idea since early 2011, and up by 6 percentage points since just after the Newtown shootings. Among other suggestions, 58 percent favor banning the sale of so-called assault weapons, 55 percent support the National Rifle Association’s call for armed guards in schools and 51 percent would ban semi-automatic handguns.
if this is just 1/3 of the voting populace, where are the other 2/3? and NO this is not fear it is how they the Gov will determine what and how too impose laws the will effect our rights on the issue of gun control in the US, see laws and polls of the 1994 gun ban almost the same if not more for a ban than not.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

ummmmmm, based on a poll of 1001 people!!!! That hardly justifies saying this can be considered an accurate picture of how Americans feel about anything..........

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well first, I would look at who would participate in an ABC gun control poll.

Then I would ask the OP at what point has the Govt. ever cared about the results of a poll or vote in this country? Especially since the numbers say whatever they want them to say.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Not much of a sample. There are a number of ways to make a poll show what you want it to show; one of which is being, shall we say, selective about the makeup of the sample. I wouldn't put a lot of credence in this. It just shows that ABC/whoever has an agenda they want to push.

S&F anyway. It's always good to keep an eye on your adversaries....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Easy solution to this problem. Let each group adopt the gun laws they want, effectively splitting into two countries, one with gun control and one without. Then send shooters into the movie theaters and schools in each country, and see which ones rack up the higher frag total before being stopped. Not very difficult to foresee how that experiment would turn out.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Pew Results are out. This is why they are trying to move quickly on the GC BS.... as the emotion of knee jerk reactions waver as time passes, people are returning to the norm.

Protecting the Rights to own firearms is STILL 13 points higher than it was in 2007.

www.people-press.org...

Chart

edit on 14-1-2013 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2013 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suppose it depends on what state you live in. New York, most certainly.

Texas? Wyoming? I doubt it. Some people and their state government have the guts to stand up to the preezy.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

really??? did not Obama win a first as well as a second term oh wait he did and that was based on.... yep a ABC poll so will you tell me again, who pays attention

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

how true but this is after all... how Obama won a second term. not that that has to do with any thing, PS did they ever determine what (is) is?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
the leaks are coming out already

tougher background checks
magazine size limits
assault weapons ban

I think the AW ban is a throw away they will put out there and then take off the table

so this will be much ado about nothing

and as far as the conspiracy goes.... who is really benefitting fron the debate and fear ?

gun permit applications are up across the country

fear is good for the gun business

did the gov't have something to gain from sandy hook or did the gun makers and gun lobby have something to gain ?

hmmmmm.........

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Nice thought.. but if they where to be real then do this,
over turn the 1934 gun act and the 1968 gun act, then make a gun act banning only a select few from being able to buy , not posses fire arms, just as they did in the late 1800's yes felons were able to get/ have a fire arm returned to them after being set free from prison, not if on probation or being convicted of gang violence, or killing in cold blood.
self defense or other non violent crimes should not prevent one from owning a fire arm if your for the SECOND then be FOR THE second amendment

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You cant use the obama victory as a point twords the validity of polls if I remember corectly romney showed a lead in many of the polls. Its really a matter of who is polled what region and who extrapalates the data.

I could word a poll so that it would show a majority of people are for drowning puppies dosent mean its true.
edit on 14-1-2013 by oasisjack because: spellin and grammar

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just an FYI,I don't discuss these matters,how could anyone else(besides this board) know how I feel about these subjects?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

And whom did he win against?

McCain and Romney.

Who wins regardless of the outcome?

Not the people.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

That be my point not matter the out come the people will lose, only the GOV will win, for do not for get Biden gets his say tomorrow, ill bet there will be a EO that says a ban is go

new topics

top topics

join