It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Gunners - Proof You Are Media Manipulated.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ok Hear me out before you knee Jerk it.

How may deaths are there from guns as opposed to other causes of death lets take a look

The preliminary number of deaths in the United States for 2011 was 2,513,171 (Tables A and 1).

Injury by firearms 32,163 (table 2)
www.cdc.gov...

So if we calculate the percentage firearms account for 1.2 percent of all deaths almost insignificant in comparison to oh say cars or doctors and 100s of other causes of death before firearms. Your chances are nearly a 100 times greater of dying from a car accident or a doctor then by a gun.

In other words gun related deaths are not even in the top 100 on the list.

Then there is Britain. You are 3 times more likely to be the victim of a violent crime in Britain then America. Yet all you hear about is the ratio of gun relate deaths vs America.. It doesn't matter it is irrelevant in the face of the facts you are still more likely to be a victim of violence there. Are you starting to see how they manipulate you?

Sort of puts things in perspective don't it? I'd say it exposes the irrational and hysterical focus and agenda on something that poses a very tiny risk compared to 100s of other things you can die from!

So you do not have to like guns after this but at least face facts and realize your fears of so called assault rifles or guns period are irrational. Why do you not fear getting in a car? Or going to the doctor since they are hundreds of times more dangerous? The only answer is the media is manipulating you on this issue and clearly distorting facts to take advantage of your sensibilities.

The recent shootings are all a tragedy but we simply have much more dangerous things to worry about. Ok so you are against guns or mean looking black rifles that is your right but aren't you pissed that the media is manipulating you and lying to you about the facts?
edit on 14-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Nice thread......where is it?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains

The media manipulated this thread into oblivion

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains

Sorry hit the send button accidently before i entered anything its there now...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
So if we calculate the percentage firearms account for 1.2 percent of all deaths almost insignificant in comparison to oh say cars or doctors and 100s of other causes of death before firearms. Your chances are nearly a 100 time greater of dying from a car accident or a doctor then by a gun.

I'm not an expert on statistics or anything, but isn't 100 x 1.2 = 120?

That means you have a 120% chance of dying in a car accident and a 120% chance of dying due to medical mistakes, and a 1.2% chance of dying from guns, which gives a grand total of 241.2% of deaths being accounted for?

inb4 "you just hate freedom" - I love guns, guns are great, everyone should have a gun, but don't just stick together a jumble of words and call it a thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

So if we calculate the percentage firearms account for 1.2 percent of all deaths almost insignificant in comparison to oh say cars or doctors and 100s of other causes of death before firearms. Your chances are nearly a 100 time greater of dying from a car accident or a doctor then by a gun.

I'm not an expert on statistics or anything, but isn't 100 x 1.2 = 120?

That means you have a 120% chance of dying in a car accident and a 120% chance of dying due to medical mistakes, and a 1.2% chance of dying from guns, which gives a grand total of 241.2% of deaths being accounted for?

inb4 "you just hate freedom" - I love guns, guns are great, everyone should have a gun, but don't just stick together a jumble of words and call it a thread.

Your right your no expert and you should actually read and try a caculatore before you open your mouth. You should get out from under the bridge more often...

2,513,171 deaths
32,163 gun related

Equals about 1.2%

There are more then a hundred other things on the list of causes of death before guns near the top are doctors and cars that is where that comes from.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It's all either based on emotions or allowing the controllers to use them as useful idiots! I see all the time where those who cherish the 2nd ammendment being called monsters for doing so, but also, how many of these people shed one damn tear over the deaths of the children at Sandyhook?????

Law abiding citizens are being castrated by non other than the progressive authoritarians who are dancing on these victims graves for what????? AN AGENDA!!!! Some just don't understand the reason for the 2nd, but those that do, are shamefully using these deaths to do nothing more than cheer on their political team!!! So who are the monsters??

As you pointed out OP, the media is totally brainwashing people. How often do we see the media POUNCE on an incident where a law abiding citizen saves someones life with a gun??? Hardly ever and it happens all the time!!!

What is it? Six corporations run the media????? Think about it......

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Your chances are nearly a 100 time greater of dying from a car accident or a doctor then by a gun.

100 times greater means "number x 100"

1.2 x 100 = 120

Since your initial units were % and null, your final units were %

Maybe you meant 5 or 10 times greater, but not 100.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Smoking kills more people than guns as well. Yet you don't see people looking to ban the sale of them? What, we all know the only reason that smoking is legal is that it PAYS people. Did the firearm companies forget to PAY someone? I think so!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by hawkiye

Your chances are nearly a 100 time greater of dying from a car accident or a doctor then by a gun.

100 times greater means "number x 100"

1.2 x 100 = 120

Since your initial units were % and null, your final units were %

Maybe you meant 5 or 10 times greater, but not 100.

If there is a hundred things on a list that cause deaths before guns and doctors are at the top and cars second then then that makes you 100 and 99 times more likely to die of those then of guns. You are mixing and matching percentages of actual deaths with the list of top "causes" of death. Not the same.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There is obviously an agenda to dissarm the public and the numbers are being cherry picked exclusively for this agenda.

There are statistics all over the place that contradict the logic of anti gunners and government, and the tragedy at sandy hook has been spun to pull on the hearts strings of those unsuspecting and trusting of MSM.

Every time I see one of these gun control/agenda threads it makes me think of this mural from denver airport...

flic.kr...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The list in order for the top 7 is:

1. Diseases of heart
2. Malignant neoplasms
3. Chronic lower respiratory diseases
4. Cerebrovascular diseases
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries)
6. Alzheimer’s disease
7. Diabetes mellitus

How many accidental deaths?
Accidental Firearm deaths?

Suicides are at #10
Suicides by firearms?

Homicide by firearms?

Injury by firearm (labelled under deaths but I'm not sure)

While your number is large, it encompasses all deaths.

Nm, I see my mistake. That last number is the total. Sorry, my mistake.
edit on 14-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's good people want to check the numbers but for god sake folks you are being manipulated big time. Doesn't that anger you and make you lose trust of media and politicians who are doing the manipulation?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You're assuming I trusted them in the first place!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
here this information might help you:

Guns are not the Issue... People Are...

Japan
0.06 guns for every 100 people (lowest of nations)
0.07 Gun related Deaths for every 100,000 people

Chile
10.7 Guns for every 100 people (10+ more than Japan)
0.06 Gun related deaths for every 100,000 people (0.01 less than Japan) - (Lowest of all nations)

United States
88.8 Guns for every 100 people (88 times more than Japan, so we should have at the very least 80 gun related deaths for every 100,000 people)

10.2 gun related deaths every 100,000 people (not quite the numbers you will expect if guns were the issue)

El Salvador
5.8 Guns for every 100 people (1/2 of weapons than Chile — 15 times less than the US)
50.36 gun related deaths every 100,000 people (5+ more than in the US)

I also found that in the US 26 % of the population has some kind of mental issues... That to me is the problem we are not addressing.

links to info:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.gunpolicy.org...

www.nimh.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Here's another interesting little factoid I read recently about Japan:

They have the world's third largest economy, and nearly half of that economy is controlled, manipulated, or influenced by the Yakuza. Some companies even have bribe money factored in to their operating budgets. It makes sense that if you have criminals running your country, they wouldn't want regular people armed.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by hawkiye

You're assuming I trusted them in the first place!

Well I was mainly speaking to the anti-gunners are you anti-gun?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
politicalvelcraft.org...

A little something from the state in hich I live, and not anything you will hear in the Panicmedia:

Dec 16, 2012

The New American magazine reminds us that March 25th marked the 16th anniversary of Kennesaw, Georgia‘s ordinance requiring heads of households (with certain exceptions) to keep at least one firearm in their homes.

The city’s population grew from around 5,000 in 1980 to 13,000 by 1996 (latest available estimate). Yet there have been only three murders: two with knives (1984 and 1987) and one with a firearm (1997). After the law went into effect in 1982, crime against persons plummeted 74 percent compared to 1981, and fell another 45 percent in 1983 compared to 1982.

And it has stayed impressively low. In addition to nearly non-existent homicide (murders have averaged a mere 0.19 per year), the annual number of armed robberies, residential burglaries, commercial burglaries, and rapes have averaged, respectively, 1.69, 31.63, 19.75, and 2.00 through 1998.

With all the attention that has been heaped upon the lawful possession of firearms lately, you would think that a city that requires gun ownership would be the center of a media feeding frenzy. It isn’t. The fact is I can’t remember a major media outlet even mentioning Kennesaw. Can you?

The reason is obvious. Kennesaw proves that the presence of firearms actually improves safety and security. This is not the message that the media want us to hear. They want us to believe that guns are evil and are the cause of violence.

The facts tell a different story. What is even more interesting about Kennesaw is that the city’s crime rate decreased with the simple knowledge that the entire community was armed. The bad guys didn’t force the residents to prove it. Just knowing that residents were armed prompted them to move on to easier targets. Most criminals don’t have a death wish.

There have been two occasions in my own family when the presence of a handgun averted potential disaster. In both instances the gun was never aimed at a person and no shot was

top topics

join