It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People advocating or warning of a new American Revolution or Civil War...Who are your enemies?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
All this talk of a “revolution” or a “civil war” is just extreme rhetoric with no substance.

It’s an assault weapons ban.

There wasn’t a Civil war when Clinton brought in a law similar to this in 1994 and it won’t happen this time.

Still have fun with your “Red Dawn” fantasies.

You may be right in your assumption.
HOWEVER...
Allow me to point out some differences between 20 years ago and modern day.
20 years ago, the US was not chock full of fresh young recently discharged 2A supporters.
The internet was...well a bbs, hardly useful forr mass communications.
Most everybody back when believed everything they saw in the msm.
Like I said, you may be right.
Personally and no disrespect intended, I hope you are wrong.

To the OP, if you do not know who the targets are, you are either trolling or not paying attention.
But I'ma play my cards close to the vest and see how the chips fall.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Anyone treading on our Freedom is the enemy.

I am not advocating or warning of, but who says it couldn't happen?

Hopefully it never comes down to that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
I just keep hearing people claiming that the next American Revolution or Civil War will start if any type of gun control is passed. I just sit hear and shake my head and wonder, who exactly do they think they are going to be at war with?

So maybe some of you can enlighten all of us, who exactly are your enemies going to be for the Revolution you are calling for? The President? The Government? The United States Military? Your Neighbor who happens to think that some gun control is a good idea? Piers Morgan? Bob Costas?

Who exactly are you going to target your aggression at? I know many people have asked this question, and no one ever gives an actual answer to it. Only things like "you'll see" or "why would we tell you" or some other answer that deflects from the fact that this ideas hasn't really been that well thought out.

So please, enlighten all of us as to who you want to war against.
edit on 14-1-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

This is actually very easy to answer. The enemies are those who try enforcing these bogus laws.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What I see happening is a little different, though don't know for sure if there will ever be another civil war and am not wishing to see this. I pray, and even post to TPTB, for them to take down the divide and wall, and work with the people for equality, and seek amnesty.

But with indefinite detentions allowed, though definitely unlawful and unconstitutional, and nearly everyone including organic farmers on their FBI terrorist list, this amounts to the government, or para military/shadow government, or even the big corporations who yank governments chain, being able to make anyone disappear they choose.

They want you to stop selling organics and want your land, your family is gone in the night. Big corp wants mining rights and a village stands up,many of them disappear in the night. Like Shell and various corporations have done oversees with farmers and villages.

They want to be able to do this swiftly, and dsicreetly, and no one could prove its even happening.

Imagine on ATS, threads like, my egg producer seemed to have disappeared, I'm suspicious they were taken,a and all the skeptics come on.

Whether a family who is going to disappear, or an ex vet, or anyone they target, wins or loses, lives or dies, at least with assault weapons they will make some really big noise, and with cell phones, they can relay it live, what's going on.

It won't go as quiet and hidden as they think.

So I don't know about a civil war, but I do think that there are some very bad bills around and people need to make it very hard and messy and noisy for them to "disappear" people.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OperationLovestrike

+1, Well said!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If there is a civil war on the horizon, nothing is gained by naming the enemy. It is common sense in a war. You don't want to alert your enemy that you are coming for them. If they are not ready for you when you come for them, even better. It is only important to know who your friends and enemies are.

No one will become a friend or enemy simply because of the opinions they hold. They will be so because of their actions. Anyone who acts to take the rights away is the emeny of those who would take up arms to protect those rights.

Certain things are held as self-evident and not open to interpretation. Stating that is not an opinion.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
I think I remember hearing something not sure who said it, but said the last war will be on US soil...

And it's looking like a possibility
edit on 14-1-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

Were you thinking of the Vision of George Washington at Valley Forge?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Can't fight when your thrown in federal prison, you just answered your own questio.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

As a proud, recent gun owner (after I moved to a city and lived near an area where there were frequent muggings/armed robberies) I just want to thank you for this response. After lurking on the gun debate threads for the past few weeks, this is one of the more civil responses I've seen to those Americans that are in favor for stricter gun control.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by insightout

Thank you.

I appreciate the recognition.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
wars are fought over ideas - so the answer to your question is likely to be those that act on them with sufficient opposition

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by xedocodex

I'll tell you, whom my enemies are.

Any one who goes against the Declaration of Independence & Constitution of the United States, with consideration for the original Amendments, as well as those approved by the people, we the people. That corporate shell sell out, who tries to pork belly their way into our fat cat political cronyism. Because we already have a disappointingly epic failure of a government. We don't need any more dang problems, let us fix our system the way it was meant to be.

With a good old fashion American;

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Let it be known, those who knew, tired...

UNITED WE STAND, THE REST IS, NOT AN OPTION!

Thomas Jefferson, if only he was alive today. The men who founded this country must be turning in their graves.

@OP I'm not going to comment on that sorry. I'll only say so much online. However if they ban a "assault weapons" I don't think there will be a civil war, more a outcry from the people. If manufactures comply then there isn't much we can do other than fight with our pens, keyboards, and protests. If they go to registration then the name of the game changes. Like I said though bans on certain firearms with certain features will need to be addressed with pen and word with the help of the firearm manufactures.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
here is an after effect of gun control, I just read on MSN that the New York Gun law messed up, they did not provide an exclusion for cops, The NYPD are just like the citizens now they are not allowed to carry no more the 7 rounds in their weapons. I bet that gets a slurry started when they are used to carrying 15 round clips. This could get interesting real fast, seeing as the law is set to go into effect in march. The link:news.msn.com... Also It is now being sent out online that a national boycott is being called for against anything made in NY state until this law is repealed. It looks like all things have repercussions.
edit on 19-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

But still, I'd like to hear who these individuals think is the "enemy".

Wow...are you guys SO blind?

The enemy is Obama and everyone who voted for him. Is this so hard to figure out?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Does that mean you are going to come after me? I will warn you I am a gun owner as well. I will still vote for whoever I want. Let me guess you didn’t really think that through.

You are pro second amendment but if someone doesn’t vote for your guy then you go to war with them.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have seen so many posts that label those that say they would take up arms as baseless rhetoric, or cowards that will lay down if and when the time comes.

I have to say though that until something so serious as this situation would arise or comes to fruition
isn't everything said on the subject just rhetoric , and isn't rhetoric what really starts wars!

I don't wish anything bad on anyone but I will fight for my rights and yours should you choose to lay down
not everyone is built or internally equipped for such a situation , and that's okay as well better to know that
going in than after you are in the middle of a serious situation.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
NEW YORK STATE MAKES CENTRAL DATABASE "LOONEY LIST" - LAW

“The New York Stated Gun Control Bill, PASSED as an EMERGENCY POWERS AUTHORITY, without public knowledge, public hearing.

It is 40+ (FORTY !!!) pages of 10 point type, single spaced multi laws which, in a single sweep, make multiple Violations of the United States Constitution, the New York State Constitution, Federal HIPA Law, ALL Doctor Patient Confidentiality Laws and common sense. It is so extraordinarily complex and specific, it appears to have been PRE-WRITTEN over a LENGTHY period of time... and just waiting on a shelf for the right moment.

50% of the "LAW" deal with REPORTING ALL citizens, (NOTHING to do with GUNS) who HAVE been, ARE, or WILL EVER BE prescribed any Tranquilizers, Anti-Depresants, Prescription Pain Medication, Anti-Psychotics, etc, etc.

...in the brand new NEW YORK STATE CENTRAL DATABASE COMPUTER.... also known as:

"THE LOONEY LIST".

The "LOONEY LIST" will be INSTANTLY available to Judges, Courts, all Police at all Traffic Stops, Process Servers, State Application Intakes, Department of Motor Vehicles, Passports, etc. etc. etc.

The new "LOONEY LIST" Computer Database cross-references Name, Address, Date of Birth, Social Security Number, Drivers License Number and License Plate Numbers and LISTS ALL THE "LISTED" MEDICATIONS EVER PRESCRIBED.

Also accessable for OUT OF STATE Traffic Stops.

ALL NYS residents, Men, Women and children over age 12 are included, permanently.

This DATABASE is also available for Gun Checks.”
edit on 1/19/2013 by Vascopolis because: Color wrong

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
PS: THE NEW YORK STATE "GUN SAFTEY LAW - More

Forgot to mention that the NEW YORK STATE GUN SAFTEY LAW, passed under authority of "EMERGENCY POWERS" of the Governor, includes an UNLOADED HANDGUN :

WEIGHT LIMIT... of 50 OUNCES (yes really)

MANY revolvers and automatics weigh more then this 1-1/2 pound limit. This is the first time I have heard of an UNLOADED handgun that WEIGHS MORE then 1-1/2 pounds is, ... ... I am at a loss for words.
edit on 1/19/2013 by Vascopolis because: adjust color

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vascopolis

People wanted to know who would be targets in an insurrection.

I am glad I don’t live in NY I think there are going to be some people that live up to the phrase cold dead hands when whoever goes to confiscate those weapons actually try. I think the law that is under the guise of creating public safety may be the thing that starts a whole bunch of trouble. That bill is a thinly veiled attempt to ban all weapons. The weight limit is idiotic.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by insightout

what makes gun control so civil? you serious? shid

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join