It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People advocating or warning of a new American Revolution or Civil War...Who are your enemies?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by smurfy

It does notmatter what the President's opinion is, because he is like every one else who has held a government position.

An oath;

The Oath of Office:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

And that means what..in your opinion? I'm not trying to be smart, it is the definition of the 2nd amendment that is in play here, I have read that text over and over again, and it still is ambiguous in the written word. I guess the English language is not as good as we all think.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Ok, since you ask.

Here is how it was for me while serving active duty.

So in my opinion, as was impressed upon me. My experience is that our personal opinions, are not a factor, because our sworn oath comes first. We place that first.

Simple as that, I don't have to like it, or agree with it.
But because I swore to protect it, I will.

You see, I am that dumb sheep dog. Protecting the sheep from the big bad wolves.Shepard's come and go, I may have been taken out of the field. But that don't mean my instinct to protect the sheep has too.

Not every one is a sheep dog, or a sheep or a wolf, but every one is some thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Obama doesn't really see himself as President of the United States but more as a ruler over the world.

We are our own worst enemies if we lose any sleep over this Gun Ban.

Its already starting in our town with tradeing ammo, stores are empty.
Buying & selling prices have doubled on guns.
Its just Part of life What they want We really dont care..
When they outlaw Guns then we will be Outlaws.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

but I am also betting that a vast majority of gun owners agree that we should keep a small few from owning a high-capacity weapon of war.

This is where we disagree. I believe if I can be trusted with one bullet then I can be trusted with a thousand. The capacity should have nothing to do with it.

High capacity or low capacity it matters not. A revolver and a semi-automatic achieve the same function and many people do not understand that. I do not support restrictions of any kind on magazine capacity or semi autos.

The problem isn’t the guns it is the people. Those who committed the heinous acts slipped through the system and that is what needs to be fixed. Further gun legislation will not help matters. Enforcing the laws we already have will. Fixing the mental health system will. That is what responsible gun owners advocate

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine that America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves.
The Gun Bans are just makeing the Law abiding citizen pay the price.
I never thought we would be tradeing ammo like some drug deal.In America.
Its going back to the streets instead of Gun shops

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The original question asked is an easy one to answer.................................................................

It is all those people who for one reason or another want enactment of gun control via extra-constitutional means weather that be by E.O or legislation through congress.

It all violates the amendment at hand in faith and execution.

Our not so close but brethern who'd actually go through the "proper" amendment process can at least morally claim they'd take chance of pass/no pass.

The rest I have little respect or use for and label at a minimum progressives in the most negative terms that can possibly be taken - or simply put - enemies of the people.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2013 by Phoenix because: spelling

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Maybe the threat is what you say but this series of videos might show a different threat, this is all uncut and raw video, and the real deal. Start with part #! and watch all 3 read on part 1the description and you will understand: Here is the link: www.youtube.com... This just might open everyones eyes to who a new enemy might be. So I suggest we get ready for anything. Watch it closely and read on part 1 because it spells out what is happening: Please get this out so all can see.
edit on 14-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I highly doubt, further/renewed gun control will instigate a revolt/civil war. I believe and economic collapse leading to social/structural collapse would,"perhaps" open the door to regional Militia type organization taking control in some areas.

A national civil war is hard to concieve of for either "side" ,feds of rebels.

States withdrawing from the union, or threat of it, is about the only scenario where an actual civil war could occur, IMO.

Lets say draconian gun regulations where, in fact, passed and signed into law.I'd bet a flurry of court actions would follow to restrict, cancel or block these laws. That might allow time for an organized,state by state, "disobedience".

Idaho, Utah, Texas maybe a few others could stand up and tell the Feds to go forth and multiply, with a few more backing the original states when no specific action was forthcoming from the feds.

Which is more desirable by the "one worlders"? A fully compliant federal gov't in the US or a fractured to dissolved Union???

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You can also add Tennessee to this list as well as Alabama, and Mississippi, and Georgia. form what I am hearing in the south and don`t forget Lousianna.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

All great democracies have committed financial suicide somewhere between 200 and 250 years after being founded. The reason?

The voters figured out they could vote themselves money from the treasury by electing people who promised to give them money from the treasury in exchange for electing them.

The United States officially became a Republic in 1776, 231 years ago.
The Muslims gave us a President that will change the world.
Ticketed for texting and walking at the same time affect you? Not to mention driving a dirty car or how about no toys in Mcdonald's Happy Meals?
These plus other Nanny laws are actually in place in some states already.
Do you have to ask why the Gun grabbers want to take our Guns?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If this is what is what I think it is in the video I posted above then it looks like we are all going to need to come together not just as a nation but as a world to fight it. and we will need our guns and maybe even more to fight it. Who knows what is about to happen. Watch it and give me your input, An aerospace enginner has already told me this is to big to be a solar anvile, and he has no explaination for what it is.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

Then, dissolution of the Union is the answer. No mass killings, just ignore the existence of a federal gov't. Now they are forced into some ridiculous armed threat/action...against who? Fellow Americans??

Many federal laws are ignored already. For example, it is against federal law to have two speed limits, one for trucks and one for cars. this is ignored in many states dispite threats to cut Highway funds, it hasn't happened.

Ignore it!! Send them no monies, have each state print their own.

How bloody simple...ignore the federal gov't ,state by state, person by person...until it dies. Sounds like something Ayan Rand would come up with...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Good idea, when tax money stops flowing the gov`t grinds to a halt. No money no way to pay troops, no way to buy fuel, no way to buy new weapons, and with no pay no work. As far in debt as this country is in this would be a disaster for them.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We have always been survivers and we always will be, no retreat, No surrender. Of course this is all in theory right now.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwtrucker
reply to post by madenusa

Then, dissolution of the Union is the answer. No mass killings, just ignore the existence of a federal gov't. Now they are forced into some ridiculous armed threat/action...against who? Fellow Americans??

Many federal laws are ignored already. For example, it is against federal law to have two speed limits, one for trucks and one for cars. this is ignored in many states dispite threats to cut Highway funds, it hasn't happened.

Ignore it!! Send them no monies, have each state print their own.

How bloody simple...ignore the federal gov't ,state by state, person by person...until it dies. Sounds like something Ayan Rand would come up with...

No its the American way some worry about what they want others just dont care they just work around it.
If you have ammo then you will allways have a way to sell it for food one day,lol
We are our own worst enemies for worrying about what Obama want he works for us a comander chief public servant. Its sad the under world will only get richer.
I feel sorry for his Kids when they look back at there Dads work & the chance he had ,he thru away for $$$

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think it is now time to wait and see how New York State responds to the new laws that are passed on them, it just might be the match that lights the fuse.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I simply think that we should retain the tools of rebellion should we need them plain and simple. I could not fathom the complexity of target selection until such a tyranny is sprung. What we are talking about is retaining the spirit of 1776, the spirit of rebellion against tyranny in this country. The combat rifle of the day is considered the weapon of the soldiers and that includes the militia which is everyone who can pick up a rifle and fire it in the defense of the constitutional republic we love and many of have sworn to defend from all enemies or to save lives of those innocents that are attacked by madmen or would be tyrants.

The guy making secret kill lists that may or may not contain the names of American citizens is not among the people I have talked to that are men of arms in the United States it is the POTUS that retains that exclusive privilege.

No one is even considering harming our law enforcement and military brothers and sisters. They are us.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

have you ever seen what greece looks like? or spain? do you even know whats going on in the world?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
We all are us, we all are American citizens, and the last line of defense for our nation. The oath is to protect and defend both foreign and domestic. I think we all know what that means, All ex-military do.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
. When was the last time the people voted on tax raises vs spending cuts. When was the last time the people voted on wether or not they want their taxes to be used to increase the pay checks of the Polititians.

As established by the Constitution, when a voter casts a ballot to elect someone to represent her/him in Washington, D.C.

Our system of government (representational democracy) works best for citizens, when those elected work in the best interest of their voters. When those elected choose to work on behalf of, say, corporations, then citizens are not represented well.

Since 1980, it has become increasingly apparent, that voters sent officials to Washington, but once in Washington those officials chose to favor corporate/foreign lobbyists, paying lip service to the needs of their constituents.

Re "who is the enemy" ... historically, Republican Pres Nixon had his "enemies list", and GOP Rep Newt Gingrich famously declared that Democrats were the enemy of "normal people", i.e. Republicans. Pres George Bush declared, "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists", implying that US citizens were terrorists, enemies of the state, if they did not support his demands.

I've had enough of this fellow-citizen-as-enemy crap. It's time, no, wayyy past time, to work together OUTSIDE of govt, to put pressure on govt to work for citizens.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join