It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People advocating or warning of a new American Revolution or Civil War...Who are your enemies?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I just keep hearing people claiming that the next American Revolution or Civil War will start if any type of gun control is passed. I just sit hear and shake my head and wonder, who exactly do they think they are going to be at war with?

So maybe some of you can enlighten all of us, who exactly are your enemies going to be for the Revolution you are calling for? The President? The Government? The United States Military? Your Neighbor who happens to think that some gun control is a good idea? Piers Morgan? Bob Costas?

Who exactly are you going to target your aggression at? I know many people have asked this question, and no one ever gives an actual answer to it. Only things like "you'll see" or "why would we tell you" or some other answer that deflects from the fact that this ideas hasn't really been that well thought out.

So please, enlighten all of us as to who you want to war against.
edit on 14-1-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
maybe the simpsons will tell us in their next episode.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think I remember hearing something not sure who said it, but said the last war will be on US soil...

And it's looking like a possibility
edit on 14-1-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

i think the problem is this is one of those subjects that is not spoken freely on the internet, because some things need to disscussed word of mouth,

and anybody that try to get answers on this subject is looked at as a abc boy.

so you will continue to get nothing from these people because as dumb as Americans are portrayed in media, the rest of them know the correct way of discussing this subject. and that is face to face.

oh yeah and anyone that tells you there plans is just a keyboard warrior
edit on 14-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
All this talk of a “revolution” or a “civil war” is just extreme rhetoric with no substance.

It’s an assault weapons ban.

There wasn’t a Civil war when Clinton brought in a law similar to this in 1994 and it won’t happen this time.

Still have fun with your “Red Dawn” fantasies.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
All this talk of a “revolution” or a “civil war” is just extreme rhetoric with no substance.

It’s an assault weapons ban.

There wasn’t a Civil war when Clinton brought in a law similar to this in 1994 and it won’t happen this time.

Still have fun with your “Red Dawn” fantasies.

Will you come back and apologize and admit you were wrong, if they try to legislate, or pass an executive order that comes for more then that?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I'm fully aware there is no plan and that the people who talk about the next revolution are just internet warriors.

But still, I'd like to hear who these individuals think is the "enemy". Now, if you are saying that they can't talk about it because they will get in trouble...that doesn't seem like a revolutionary at all. Don't these people say all the time that people shouldn't fear the government but the government should fear the people...and yet they are too scared to come out and say who their enemies are?

Or, maybe they just don't know who their enemies are and they are talking straight out of their backside?

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
For the record:

Troll thread.

My two cents.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think with the United States in so much debt, our enemies are whoever are holding this debt. If we can not pay, they may want to repossess our land as payment. We as humans may be another resource for them to collect.

There would be a war and many would die. The land would be full of radiation and people would be afraid, starving.

There would also be a civil war and people would fear each other.

Our enemies might start to look like our friends and saviors as they collect those who are worthy to escape to a new city.

China is stockpiling lots of resources in preparation for something. They have also built massive cites in the desert, all ready to be moved into, but no is moving in. You can find these on Google Earth and it has been discussed. This is possibly not for their people, but for the former U.S citizens deemed worthy enough to dwell there as serfs. They will probably be selected by ability to work, intelligence and also willingness to cooperate.

If they have already collected other family members, your children, wouldn't you want to go too? If you had to be chipped to go, would you go? What if they had your family and you knew you'd never see them again unless you agreed? What if they had you convinced that you'd starve or die of radiation if you didn't go? Many people would go just for food or to feel safe again, even if it meant a life of servitude. They would at least hope they could see their families again.

Old, sick or unworthy will not go. While I think the Chinese do revere the elderly, their own, they would probably have no care or ours. They would want young people, healthy people and children. Those living there will probably be chipped and monitored closely. They will be allowed some rations of rice or whatever China has stockpiled for feeding these people and they must work or die. I have heard they are stockpiling rice, so rice would probably be the staple of the diet there. They will not be able to escape, because they will be chipped probably and the sky and streets will be full of drones. Those that may make it out will have nothing to look forward to but a death in the desert or perhaps their faith will be enough that they may survive out there.

It would probably look like a nice city, with entertainment, street food, business districts, and some nice homes. There would be the Americans forced to work and cater to others, being given enough to survive but not allowed to participate in much other than servitude. Perhaps some would be favored and used as examples. If you only work you may get a little more meat in your diet. If you only work harder perhaps you will be given a little more.

Crime would probably be low there and the Elites would claim success. They would call it a utopia and convince the world this is the city of the future.
edit on 14-1-2013 by jessieg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Is only one enemy of the people in any nation around the world with an established government, is always those within the government that their goals are to control the masses for their own benefits and those that support their ideas.

Sometimes an enemy is not outside the borders of a particular nation, but within those borders and with those in power.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse
For the record:

Troll thread.

My two cents.

You could say that about almost every single thread on ATS....many threads bring arguments, even by being much more subtle in its message than this OP. So either OP is truly a troll with very obvious silly methods or they actually could be asking a valid question to the responses alot of threads, like starting a revolution or "finally waking up" and doing something about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
When I hear civil war I think "civilian war" and thats just dumb. People saying that stuff don't know who they're enemy actually is. I think they're basically saying that whoever tries to take they're guns, military or police, will be met with resistance. Suicide "by a cop", plain and simple. To try and organize a resistance would be considered terrorism.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse
For the record:

Troll thread.

My two cents.

Just looking for the answer that the talk of "revolution" brings up.

We already know the people wanting a revolution are talking about killing fellow Americans, but I would like to know who. Are there people they have in mind? Will it be a hit list of politicians they disagree with? Will it include civilians who express their opinion on gun control?

I just don't get who exactly these people think are thier enemies are.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

No but I will admit that I am wrong if gun regulation in America does lead to civil war.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Is only one enemy of the people in any nation around the world with an established government, is always those within the government that their goals are to control the masses for their own benefits and those that support their ideas.

And so in your opinion, who are those people?

Is it all politicians? Is it one party? Is it specific people within the government? Is it all government employees, the mail man, the DMV worker, the border patrol agent?

Exactly who is the enemy?

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I'll tell you, whom my enemies are.

Any one who goes against the Declaration of Independence & Constitution of the United States, with consideration for the original Amendments, as well as those approved by the people, we the people. That corporate shell sell out, who tries to pork belly their way into our fat cat political cronyism. Because we already have a disappointingly epic failure of a government. We don't need any more dang problems, let us fix our system the way it was meant to be.

With a good old fashion American;

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Let it be known, those who knew, tired...

UNITED WE STAND, THE REST IS, NOT AN OPTION!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think that ANYONE who contributes to this thread should exercise extreme caution. Looks like a worm on the end of a hook to me.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

That is for me anybody that wants to undermind and change our constitutional rights, as we are a nation rule by a constiution, in any other nation will be any body that tries to undermind the peoples rights that has been established in any particular nation for the protection of the freedoms of their citizens.

Plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

I know exactly what you mean and got it right from the beginning, but then again, thank GOD for our constitutional rights to expression in our first amendment

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I'll tell you, whom my enemies are.

Any one who goes against the Declaration of Independence & Constitution of the United States

The very Constitution gives us the ability to "go against it".

It has been gone against many times, it has been re-interpreted many times, and it will continue to do so.

I would think the true enemies to the Constitution are those that threaten to take up arms against the country if they don't get what they want.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join