It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerry Springer Admits That His Show Dumbs Down Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

In a recent interview with HuffPost Live, Jerry says:

‘I Am The Father Of The Destruction Of Western Civilization’

Springer said that his show had “no redeeming social value” and called it “stupid.” When pressed, he said that while his show is “fun to do,” it really is “stupid.”

www.mediaite.com...

Don't get me wrong, I've watched Jerry for years and he always includes a positive message at the end but what type of effect does this have on young children and young adults who have yet to mature? One thing is for sure, they didn't have this kind of stuff when I was growing up in the 80's and 90's.

I watch it to get a laugh from time to time and it almost seems like it's some sort programming going on when the bell rings. As soon as it goes off, it's like some sort of fight response goes off within the guests of the show. Of course this is the standard criteria/procedure and is likely scripted so I'm not making too big a deal about it. It was just something that caught my attention.

All jokes aside, this is really destructive programming for the youth.

Jerry at least knows what he's doing and admits to it. Whether he is pressured by corrupted forces in the media world or not....who knows. He's still raking in bucks and he said it's fun to do.

Parents raise your kids properly.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueMessiah

As long as there are Trailer Parks.
There will be Jerry Springer.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Springer takes too much credit.

Society is already dumb. He's just exploiting the idiots willing to go on his show.

And that goes to show you. There are alot of idiots out there.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Springer takes too much credit.

Society is already dumb. He's just exploiting the idiots willing to go on his show.

And that goes to show you. There are alot of idiots out there.

This x 2.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Really was the foundations of idiot reality shows. Followers been the likes of Jeremy Kyle, from the UK, whom I would personally stab in the face several times whilst been applauded by millions...No doubt I would be locked up, but the nation would secretly love me.

I never understood how people desire to go on these shows, its not like going on national/international TV and telling your problems to the masses is going to sort anything out. I know Jerry Springer's show just instigated arguments and purposely allowed fiery individuals to come onto the show, knowing that its going to be idiotic drama. The same applies for Jeremy Kyle, he talks down to people and the majority of guests are idiots.

But like you, I used to watch it, pointing and laughing at them wondering how in the # they got to that current state of mind right there.

Damn...
edit on 14-1-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Lol. Low income housing in general. I think a show with social misfits from other countries speaking english with a accent would be funny.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sadly this type of programs are directed to that portion of the population that are not happy with their lives, I can never see what good comes out watching certain programs, living other peoples lives because theirs are empty.

When you have a rich life and are happy with it, regardless of bad situations, you have no need to watch reality shows and trashy programs, is so much to do out there.

My husband and I decided to end the leeching of our money by TV programing companies and now only watch what we want and when we want to watch it.

Best thing we ever did.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Jerry Springer should be president of the USA.

He, better than anyone knows how to deal with stupid violent Americans.

Also he was mayor of Cincinatti.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
At least he's honest.

I saw the show again not too long ago and it's gotten so bad now that I consider it be all staged. But then I think, well, I'm sure the world hasn't run out of stupid people yet.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that Jerry has strong homosexual content on his show that I wish he would steer away from. I guess that's what brings the ratings in though.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Come on, Jerry admitted years ago he didn't even like his own show!

But, the money was good enough to suffer through it. So...yeah.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sadly this type of programs are directed to that portion of the population that are not happy with their lives, I can never see what good comes out watching certain programs, living other peoples lives because theirs are empty.

When you have a rich life and are happy with it, regardless of bad situations, you have no need to watch reality shows and trashy programs, is so much to do out there.

My husband and I decided to end the leeching of our money by TV programing companies and now only watch what we want and when we want to watch it.

Best thing we ever did.

Almost the same reason we got rid of our Cable ridiculous programming for a exorbitant amount of money $1200 a year for what? LOL I have an HD antenna and 30 local channels including the 4 PBS which are most watched. Any of the rest of the so called "Entertainment" we stream...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I haven't watched a Springer show for years and used to find them hilarious. In the UK those shows were just wild...it was as if the US had cornered the market on crazy folk. Show after show of fights and posturing lunatics!

Older and wiser, I now know that every place on Earth has the same kind of people and the Springer Show just gave them a platform. He didn't create the guests and a lot of them probably live like that every day whether TV was invented or not.

Truth be told, I know a lot of people just like the guests and, beyond the antics, consider them friends.

The one show that really stayed with me isn't one of the bitch-fights or some guy who'd been going out with a ladyboy for years...or his own sister. It was one when Springer talked about his parents keeping a car in the garage with a full tank of gas. He spoke about them escaping the Holocaust and it moved me. Must have been 15 years since I saw it and it's the only one that I can remember clearly.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

As long as there are Trailer Parks

You'd think that is where the dumbness would stop...

Video Description: Jersey Shore cast member "Snooki" comments about a crow that was "quacking"

Video Description: Jersey Shore cast member "Deena" commenting "it's not rocket scientists"

...and surprising as it may be...

Video Description: TLC trailer for Honey Boo Boo

...not in a trailer park...

edit on 1/14/2013 by UberL33t because: added Video Descriptions

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
People always play the poor people card when things like this are mentioned. Well guess what. It's not always the poor people! Yeah, I said it. How's your butt?

I have always been dirt poor and I have never been anything like that or the considerably wealthy idiots on television these days as well, nor do I or have I ever associated with people like them.

But I have some very bad news for those who discriminate against people who are unfortunately born with less in life. There are a great many people who are not poor and do not live in trailer parks or low income housing that act just as bad if not worse. While sometimes social class does have a little to do with how a person acts, it often does not mean that a person will or will not be a total piece of crap waste of space.

Edit: Jerry springer and others like it are terrible tv shows! I dislike MOST "reality" tv and talk shows.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Anundeniabletruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Dont blame Jerry Springer for the dumbing down of society. He is definitely partially responsible - his show is completely ridiculous.

Blame reality TV that seems to have no compunction about promoting people like Kim Kardashian into being mega million dollar super stars.

People are influenced by the fame of people like Kim Kardashian and Honey Boo Boo into thinking that the same thing is possible for them, and that they don't have to focus on school - they just need to get onto the next reality show and they'll be set for life.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The people on Jerry Springer are so dumb, that they don't even know they are dumb, they actually think they are smart, which is why they do what they do, which leads to them being on the show.

new topics

top topics

join