It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hi everyone, the name is Brandon and I'm migrating here from GLP. The reason is as follows:

My ISP was permanently banned after I posted an image I made in photoshop which showed a photo of parents in the Sandy Hook shooting beside a photo of an identical couple with different names.

I made this image after reading a post that asked if anyone could make a photoshop image of the 2 photos side-by-side so that people could look at the images and decide for themselves. This seemed like a decent request and I have an extensive photoshop background, so I whipped up the image in 5 minutes.

After posting it my ISP was banned, and when I requested to be unbanned they said my request was refused.

I thought I'd say all this stuff up front so that the ATS community would know that I'm the type of person who does not shy away from discussing uncomfortable or taboo subjects (but I always make an effort to use respect and courtesy when talking with people who have differing opinions).

Until now, I had assumed that GLP and ATS were essentially the same sort of place, but after a rudimentary look around it seems that the conversations are generally more civilized over here. I'm guessing the moderation is stronger here, I don't see a bunch of the wild racist rants that I would see over there for example. I think this is great, but I also hope the increased moderation does not restrict people from discussing upsetting subjects, as long as it is done with respect to the people involved.

Thanks for taking the time to read my intro, I look forward to learning what you guys are about, and hopefully being a positive contributor in some way.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS friend , but please be advised that for now anyway the site owners are very sensitive to the families of the sandy hook shootings and posting that here would be a no no big time also .
If we are gona be in error here its best to err on the side of decency , and if you think about it I bet you would agree.
By the way welcome to the best site going

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If you got banned for GLP don’t know how you will get on at ATS, I used to use GLP, I hated it.

Also for good reason the mods at ATS are very respectful to the families of Sandy Hook and don’t have much tolerance for those who subscribe to the likes of the “actors” theory.

Anyway see you round the boards.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Fair play to you for telling us about your past!. I used another forum which was closed down recently,. And looking back im glad it was. I dont even bother dropping in the sandy hook threads. Stay well clear i say! ........................Oh and welcome

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

GLP What is that? (they say that alot when bigfoot is around-what is that! OMG what is that!!) anyway Welcome ! Just post on weird stuff, its safer..but, What is that?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

Welcome to ATS. Tolerance based in respect is the order of the day here. If that floats your boat, you'll find a new home here.

Des

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Welcome to ATS friend , but please be advised that for now anyway the site owners are very sensitive to the families of the sandy hook shootings and posting that here would be a no no big time also .
If we are gona be in error here its best to err on the side of decency , and if you think about it I bet you would agree.
By the way welcome to the best site going

Thank you very much for the response and the welcome

What I tried to do in this situation was attempt to look at it from other people's perspectives. Fortunately I don't have a direct parallel in my life, but I can at least try to look at it with a vaguely analogous situation:

My grandfather recently died, I thought very highly of him and he was awarded a medal for storming the beaches of Normandy in WWII. What if some people had doubts as to whether my grandfather truly served in the military post as I described, and thus doubted whether he deserved that award?

Well, knowing that many people do in fact lie about things, I would not be offended as long as these people were simply asking honest questions and not proclaiming publicly that they "knew" he was a liar or spreading false things as fact. In fact, I would be interested to know why people had these doubts because I could make a public statement addressing all of them and hopefully allay some of the suspicions.

It seems to me that honest inquiry is never offensive.

Another important element is precedent. In my personal research and I'm sure in the research of those on ATS, it has been concluded that many news stories, even large-scale ones, have been largely fabricated theatrical presentations with the intention of cultural conditioning of some sort. So knowing this, I would not be offended if people were to suspect that a massive news story with major cultural implications was in some way fabricated or embellished. Even if the news story is totally true from start to finish, the suspicion itself is completely reasonable.

If I were to describe myself I'd say I'm looking for a forum where subjects that are generally met with irrational emotional outbursts can be discussed calmly and sensibly, because I consider most of reality to be unknown. However, if certain subjects are off-limits then I will definitely adhere to those rules, I'd prefer to establish the parameters early on so that I don't stir up any trouble in this community.

Thanks again for your response and welcome

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

new topics

top topics

join