It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions noticing paychecks are smaller

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well, here we go. AS the 3rd week of 2013 kicks off, millions of people, both high end and lower end income are seeing the results of having the current admin in charge of things.
Millions are people's paycheck are less then what their last one was. Some are seeing a $30 difference, while some will see a $75 difference. That is PER PAYCHECK.

Thanks Govt. As people have less money in their check, they will spend less.
Companies will sell less, thus creating the environment of having less funds to operate with, thus leading possibly to layoffs and an even more sluggish economy.
Couple that with higher costs for food and such, we have ourselves a fantastic situation.

Yeah, the Govt doesn't have a spending problem, right???
They have a revenue problem. They need more of OUR money.

www.foxnews.com...

www.sacbee.com...

money.cnn.com...

And spare me the blaming of the Reps.
0bama and Dems are in charge and have been for some time now.
The Reps are just 1/3 of the problem.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I am missing about 49 dollars a week.

49 bucks that I could use for things that are not necessities.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Some who collect SSDI got a raise in January.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I do payroll here. Bad position to be in right now, LOL
We all got raises at the beginning of the year.
So far, it has equated to all of us having an extra 2-5 dollars bring home per check.

Yeah, gonna run right out and spend that, you betcha!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I am missing about 49 dollars a week.

49 bucks that I could use for things that are not necessities.

More important are the people who will be forced to buy fewer necessities. Any time a member of the US gov. tells you they are interested in improving our economy, you know you are being lied to.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
My understanding is it's not really the Democrats or Republicans to blame (and don't blame me, I didn't vote for anyone this election cause they all sucked). What's happening is the income tax breaks we were getting as part of the stimulus plan ended January 1 and we are now seeing what REALLY should have been coming out of our checks. We got too used to the tax break and now that its gone (which we were told was coming) our panties get all twisted up in a knot.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am over $100 a pay less now.

JT

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
yeah and a bunch of my friends on facebook are complaining about it blaming it on the losers that are leeching off the governments teet! no one is mad at the millions of jobs shipped overseas. bring the jobs back home and put americans back to work @ fair pay! the government voted to give themselves raises, gee i wonder who pays for that?

edit on 14-1-2013 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yup since Obama has been in office, both my husbands raises have been wiped out by tax increases, essentially leaving us where were were four years ago.

although the price of everything else has gone up.
Keep the heat off.
don't but much meat.
I don't go anywhere unless I have to, gas prices to high.

The list goes on.

link   
reply to post by Terrormaster

what REALLY should have been coming out of our checks.

if they tried to balance the budget... and pay down the debt.... What would have to come out of our checks might be cause for a revolution.

link   
shoot, as of 2013 my health insurance alone has gone up 49 dollars a week! ONE WEEK I SAID! smh

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

It's the government leeching at the collective teat of its citizens and the reservoir is nearly empty. One way you know our government isn't the least bit concerned about our financial future is the absolutely insane resistance against hemp manufacturing, something that used to be a real economic staple for this country.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
People seem to have a short memory.

Obama was the one who initially gave you extra money in your paycheck by reducing the SS tax. A temporary relief program that was always scheduled to end.

The temporary relief is over, and SS tax is back to NORMAL. Nothing was raised, just back to normal.

Some people just like to complain about everything though.

link   

reply to post by Terrormaster

what REALLY should have been coming out of our checks.

if they tried to balance the budget... and pay down the debt.... What would have to come out of our checks might be cause for a revolution.

That's the whole problem, this is their mess. and of course we have to pay to clean it up

White House tells Paul Ryan it won’t meet budget deadline
which is against the law BTW.
Read more: thehill.com...

link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
shoot, as of 2013 my health insurance alone has gone up 49 dollars a week! ONE WEEK I SAID! smh
Obamacare is in the process of 'saving' you.

Just you, not your money.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

More than SS went up... according to my checks

JT

link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
Obamacare is in the process of 'saving' you.

Just you, not your money.

Oh heck wait until 2014 hits the fan.

link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Some who collect SSDI got a raise in January.

Ya and the raise they got was 1.7 percent of what they are already getting. Which averages out to about $15.00 extra a month for them. After this raise happens...then their food credit goes down by several dollars...and when the next yearly review of their rental contract happens...then their rent increases...and they are right back to where they started before the 1.7 percent raise...and sometimes with less money.

As for everyone's paychecks getting smaller...I don't like it and I know that people do need that money; my heart goes out to them.

edit on 14-1-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
SS tax went from 4% to 6% so that is the major reason to why you are getting more taken out. I got a 2.5% raise so I'm about to make $10 more a paycheck than my last one. Add in the fact that health care costs continue to rise very sharply we will be making less than 5 years ago if we keep this up.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The real question is why did Obama reduce the rate in the first place? Just for the year before election, and bam, it's back now that he is in office. He could have fought for it to stay the same, but he did not.

It was a bad move in the first place. Although, since I think I will most likely never see my SS benefits, what difference does it make.

Really what will be interesting is what he does in the immediate future for damage control regarding this issue. What is on the horizon next?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join