It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have executive powers over guns..." - It's starting...

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well said, and I believe you're right. If I had to guess, I'd say there is well over a 50% chance of that course of events - probably closer to 70%.

At first, there will likely be a series of "Waco" type events, with government concentrating force on certain "cells", and reporting that action as due to "terrorists", but the real meat of the matter comes when those events push a larger proportion of the population over the edge and out of the complacency of the government camp - they aren't really "supporting" the government so much as simply not acting against it. When those people see harsh activity out of the government on the "cells", they begin to wonder if they are next... and act pre-emptively.

The real action then comes as those people act surreptitiously to thwart the machinations of society. They will commit small acts of "sabotage" in the thousands to grind the wheels to a halt, and the actual fighting serves as a distraction away from their activities, and take the attention off of them. It's hard to concentrate on someone who has thrown sand in the gear grease when some guy over there is throwing bullets at you when you try to find out what happened. Folks tend to concentrate on the bullet-tosser, and let the saboteur go off on his merry way unmolested.

At some point a critical mass is achieved, when the strength of the dissatisfied is matched with the strength of the oppressors, and then the military comes out into the fray, having assessed the relative strengths, and history is made when the balance is thereby tipped.

That's when history is MADE... but it starts long before, in the grumblings of the dissatisfied being ignored by the oppressive.

edit on 2013/1/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerkyBeer
reply to post by Unity_99

I listened too a Lott of what AJ said, but my main concern is why is this guy
Wearing a BDU jacket???? He hadn't earned that right, if you ask me.
If you're gonna wear cammo, at least have the knowledge too wear it with honor.

You do realize he and Jesse Ventura are friends, right? I think he knows enough to wear it with honor, he's a consitutionalist and does more to wake people up than most by a long shot.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by cornucopia

You prefer peace, but you will be ok with the govt thugs breaking down doors and shooting family pets to accomplish your wishes. And you laugh about it.

lol @ your attempts to make me look bad..

who said that would ever happen?

wanna make any bets?

i laugh at a lot of things on this world, so that i can keep my sanity

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by cornucopia

You prefer peace, but you will be ok with the govt thugs breaking down doors and shooting family pets to accomplish your wishes. And you laugh about it.

lol @ your attempts to make me look bad..

who said that would ever happen?

wanna make any bets?

i laugh at a lot of things on this world, so that i can keep my sanity
They already break doors down.
Ever hear of a drug raid?
They break down the door with a battering ram, rush inside, use flash bang grenades, shoot the family pets and sometimes they shoot the people in the house.

A show on TV (Cops) had a lot of those things on videotape.

Yes, they do those things because there are drugs in the house. How dangerous is a bag of heroin if I point it at you?

You don't think they would bother if they suspected a person had illegal guns in a house???
edit on 17-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

The problem with ammo im having is, why should anyone know how much of it you have? When countries go to war, do they have official knowledge of how much ammunition they have in inventory, no! Its unrealistic to even think that one country would sit back and say, well we will wait til they run out of ammo, we know how much they have. If i had a gun or guns in my possesion, why should the govt be concerned with how much of them or bullets i have? First guns, then they will harass women to know how many maxis they have for their period or if we are hoarding, honestly, where will the intrusion end if we allow this to happen?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
this is an executive order and means nothing unless it holds up in court , which it won't so please everyone relax and stay vigilant but i don't see a reason to live in fear of it. now NY's you should be working on getting coumo and bloomberg out of dodge asap.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

It has first to be challenged in court before we know if it will "hold up". Until then, it's in full force. Until a challenge in court comes, "you will comply. You will be assimilated."

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Our thinking is well in tune. I agree that the government will initiate it with unwarranted attacks on those it fears most, and then those on the sidelines will start small acts of defiance, hard to catch, hard to stop, and receiving only low level interest by authorities. As those small acts remain unsolved, it will embolden people to take more significant action. Finally, the large cities will start with violence, and that is when the SHTF. Yes, when the troops get involved, and they will, that is when things will really get interesting.
I also believe that your 70% probability is closer to the truth. I shouldn't have been so conservative with my 50% number.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by chopperswolf

Can't you LIVE without guns there? Do you know that you are a #ing police state and as such, you should count on them. Here in Europe, crime is a lot more and you know well that here is Italy, here is the mafia, here is the organized crime, and yet people live without guns. You there want to rely on guns

I laugh at you, yeah we could use guns here, but if all started using guns, it would be a war inside, if everybody started sol,ving their problems with guns

What kind of idiot do you have to be to think like that??

Lets see, how many dictators has Itay and Europe had in the past 200 years? A bunch.

The reason for the 2nd Amendment and having an armed citizenry is so a would be tyrannical government has a healthy fear of an armed population.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

Yes it is very evident that our Government is afraid of it citizens right now. With the laws that are being passed, the errant disreguard for civil liberties, they fund and stage mass murders among our children to sway public opinion so we will cry out to have our rights taken away in fact we go out and we vote in anger to have these rights taken away. We allow them to innoculate us with impudent vaccines that make us more susceptible to their agendas, making us pliable with personality altering drugs. They are already in some of our brains. Will you let it happen to you. For what you ask... TOTAL CONTROL.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Lets see, how many dictators has Itay and Europe had in the past 200 years? A bunch. The reason for the 2nd Amendment and having an armed citizenry is so a would be tyrannical government has a healthy fear of an armed population.
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

EXACTLY!
That is the real reason that the 2nd Amendment was passed.
Flagged.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reported today--sorry don't have a link/source
State of Delaware is considering a law that would keep large magazines/clips legal...except
1) can't travel with them
2) can't have them within 20 feet of a gun that uses them.

so if you have a ten-round clip, and you bury it inthe back yard and never use it...perfectly legal!

typical Big Gummint approach; they nullify/neutralize it but won't pay for it. Like property; if it's classified wetland (or the Endangered Western Grasshopper Mouse or whatever) lives on it you can't build on it, thus rendering it's value near zero...but the gummint won't pay you for it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reported today--sorry don't have a link/source State of Delaware is considering a law that would keep large magazines/clips legal...except 1) can't travel with them 2) can't have them within 20 feet of a gun that uses them.
reply to post by works4dhs

I couldn't find any legitimate news story either, but it wouldn't surprise me. All Delaware Congressional members, and all state-wide elected officials in Delaware are left-wing liberal Democrats.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
www.newsworks.org...

article says bans clips, no mention of the restricions I posted. Guess I heard a bad account.

1) background checks
2) report lost/stolen guns
3) ban large clips (10+ rifles, 5+ pistols)
4) ban on 'assault weapons'
5) ban on guns near schools.

apparently you can bring your guns to school in Delaware now?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join