It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have executive powers over guns..." - It's starting...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whisperindave

Kitty Werthmann

Then they took our guns

“Next came gun registration. People were getting injured by guns. Hitler said that the real way to catch criminals (we still had a few) was by matching serial numbers on guns. Most citizens were law abiding and dutifully marched to the police station to register their firearms. Not long afterwards, the police said that it was best for everyone to turn in their guns. The authorities already knew who had them, so it was futile not to comply voluntarily.

“No more freedom of speech. Anyone who said something against the government was taken away. We knew many people who were arrested, not only Jews, but also priests and ministers who spoke up.

“Totalitarianism didn’t come quickly, it took 5 years from 1938 until 1943, to realize full dictatorship in Austria. Had it happened overnight, my countrymen would have fought to the last breath. Instead, we had creeping gradualism. Now, our only weapons were broom handles. The whole idea sounds almost unbelievable that the state, little by little eroded our freedom.”

“This is my eye-witness account."

“It’s true. Those of us who sailed past the Statue of Liberty came to a country of unbelievable freedom and opportunity.

“America is truly is the greatest country in the world.

“Don’t let freedom slip away.

“After America, there is no place to go.”

200 million+ were killed as direct result of tyranical goverment in the 20th century alone. Gun free zones are targeted because they are defenseless, just as an unarmed America will be denfeseless. Less that 400 deaths a year rulsult from assault rifles in America! We have 11,000 or so gun deaths and the vast majority are gang and drug related.

#1 killer in America today: Suicide!

If you want gun bans put the issue on your states ballot and vote them into law. Keep the Federal Goverment out of it!

Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
en.wikipedia.org...

Even common household bleach can be weaponized. Pipe bombs are easy and cheap! There is only one way to stop a person bent on killing himself and others, and that is by direct confrontation!

What if Lanza had walked in tossing home made grenades and chemical poisons? What about firebombs? Gasoline is readily available!

To sit and pretend that a gun ban is to safe guard children is complete nonsense! This goverment sponsors the death of hundreds if not thousands of children in Syria today. Kills children and other inocents with drones daily. Sponsored the killing of tens of thousands in Iraq and beyond. To sit and pretend that American children are somehow special is 100% BS!

Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, Mao’s China, Pol Pot’s Cambodia, etc, all contained disarmed populations. The guns were gone, and as a result millions upon millions died! Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it!

America is ripe for Fascism friend. Our highest offices go to the highest bidder!

The Patriot Acts, the FISA domestic spy bill, the bailouts of corrupt international banks, attempts at CISPA and SOPA, actions like the NDAA authorizing the treatment of U.S. citizens as “enemy combatants” without rights to due process; all paint a picture so clear only a one-celled amoeba (or your average suburban yuppie) would not see it. You and I, and everyone else for that matter, have been designated potential targets of the state.

The 2nd is not debatable!

edit on 15-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Its just a Government[U.N],'' War on Guns '',like the fake War on Terrorism ,the U.N has the plan for World ,that being ''Complete ,[COMPLETE ] and General disarmament ''.Private ownership of firearms and countries having their own self defence force, is not part of the New World Order ,its Part of the Old World Order !!!!!! The U.N will do what ever it takes to achieve this goal more false flag events, to stir up the mindless do gooders ,anti gunners ,woman groups ,media, so called personalities and naive ignorant idots .They really could NOT care less how many innocent people are killed to achieve their goals, not one bit, as the are out to CULL us ultimately and depopulate the useless eaters and middleclass .Its just a step on the road for for the NWO ,once they get rid of the EVIL GUNS which they will then blaim as being the cause of all mankinds woes ,they will then start on the Next thing they want to BAN which is religion ,which most people hate just as much as they hate guns .Then the starvation ,culling ,gassing, whatever will begin,so all these people who were bent on getting rid of guns and stripping all outs rights away .YOU will DESERVE Everything BAD, that happens to you and your families !

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

Seriously - you gonna play the Bush card? Why not blaming everything on Lincoln ..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I agree we are living in historical times. But we are all forgetting a very important point. Criminals don't follow the laws, thus they are criminals. These new gun regs are made for the general public. The criminals will still have their guns. They will still commit crimes. If you wanted to take over this country from with in what would you do first? I would disarm the public so they couldnt fight back once they realized what I was really up to.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I find it hilarious how people are squirming now that "2nd Amendment" rights are threatened.

After 100+ years of a continually eroding, government funded social structure, ever increasing government intervention, the "Patriot Act," and the list goes on and on here... Now that extreme gun control is threatened, people are coming out of the dark corners they have been hiding in to say, "Oh, this is it...this means the end, this means war, revolution, blah, blah blah..." Meanwhile, the same people have largely ignored this continual erosion, this quantitative easing we have been subject to like frogs in pot of warming water.

Their guns, this supreme symbol of freedom, to them, lay beneath their pillows, on their rifle racks, locked into safes and hidden in their nightstands. In all the years, the 100+ years, these guns never came out from dark corners to be used in the name of the revolution they decry, they so solemnly swear to inflict should push come to shove. "Pry my gun from my cold dead fingers!" NO, these weapons were used only for killing unfaithful wives, over insured husbands, people wearing the wrong color in the wrong "hood'', simply because they are pissed the hell off, or in short, for killing each other. As the water warmed, these guns never came out in the name of FREEDOM...yet somehow they are a symbol of that? None have lifted a finger to stop the wrecking ball that continues to slam into the very foundation of this country itself, the Constitution, except for the finger on the trigger to kill a brother, a stranger, a fellow, a friend.

The fear is that a government may take their guns so that they can be subdued, they claim, and while that occurs, no friction from the masses. That the most powerful military might in the world, that is...won't have to worry about their pea-shooters while they fling us into FEMA Camps. It's frankly, laughable.

As the water begins to boil, people have decided that taking, or just plain controlling, weapons is the proverbial straw. But the heat is added so slowly, none will notice. A few may croak "Look what they are doing!" as they do here in forums like these...but it's just noise. A hundred years of noise, of shots ringing out from guns always pointed in the wrong direction. In the meantime, these "enlightened" freedom loving citizens, cling to their guns behind the walls of the greatest camp in the world.

Prisoners always think the guards are out to get them, but usually, the prisoners just end up killing each other.

edit on 15-1-2013 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Had it happened overnight, my countrymen would have fought to the last breath. Instead, we had creeping gradualism. Should our only weapons be broom handles. None of us want to tear down our wellbeing, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. I would say it's a duck!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

That first star on your post was from me. Agreed 100%, the croaking of the frogs reaches a crescendo, and we still sit on our collective asses watching the increments, I don't know if it's disgusting or frightening, but it's certainly something we should be paying attention to, and we're not.
It's like reliving the 1930's all over again, knowing we didnt learn a damned thing and watching as history repeats itself.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whisperindave

I absolutely disagree .. even I am not born here, I very well understand.

First of all, gun controls will never prevent anything like that - why? Look at Germany - toughest gun law in the world! And .. 4 of the Top 10 school massacres have been committed in Germany: Cologne, Erfurt, Winnenden & Wendlingen, Emsdetten, Ansdach the list goes on and on - all committed within the last 10 years.. So no I don't believe that gun controls will ever prevent a massacre .. worst case the killers will use knifes like the guy did one day after the Newton shooting in China. So be prepared to tell those parents that no-law will ever prevent these things from happening ..

But I do believe that private gun ownership is a substantial check & balance under the US Constitution which prevented a long time any kind of misuse of the highest powers.

The current discussion has nothing to do with safety for children or the public ..

You maybe take it for granted, since you don't know better, but I came to this country to learn what really individual liberty means and how destructive liberal mindsets can be... and yes I am very worried that this country could turn into another Europe .. the signs are all over the place, e.g. mandatory health care .. Just the language that is used by some individuals is more than scary ..

And I don't think it's paranoia - actually the opposite - I think they are listening and try to find out whats really going on and right now it's pretty dangerous - if the President starts to attack constitutional rights .. and again if we go back to Hitler - heck he did the same thing .. 1933 he was sworn in, just a year later he systematically removed any potential thread to their cause .. it all started very small with tiny steps - one by one - and we know how it ended ...

What if you completely wrong and tomorrow you will wake up and it is exactly how the "gun nuts" described it .. have you thought about this?

I only hope they all come to their senses and stop the war drums on both side ..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

edit on 15-1-2013 by brew8537 because: change or heart

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Also just because they are told to do something that does not mean they will listen take the Oath Keepers for ex. I have met a few of them and i have not doubt in my mind that they would fight AGINST anyone that went aginst the U.S. people

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vascopolis
GOVERNOR CUOMO OF NY APPEARS TO HAVE "EXECUTIVE POWERS" AS WELL reply to post by flyandi

GOVERNOR CUOMO OF NY APPEARS TO HAVE "EXECUTIVE POWERS" AS WELL

New York State is about to have the Country's first GUN BAN emplaced within days.

EVERYTHING was done behind closed doors and he has enacted "Emergency Powers" to eliminate "Public Review" and "Public Hearings".

This WILL become law unless something is done NOW.

Is the NRA planning on doing anything?

Once the "Gun Ban" takes root in one state, it's only a SHORT time before it will be in YOUR STATE.

This is being shoved down our throats... Is ANYONE ABLE TO HELP US ????
edit on 1/14/2013 by Vascopolis because: Learning colors and sizing

Wrong, this was voted on in NY, as it should have been, by the state.

NOT by the Feds.

If you do not like what happens in the state you live in, move to one where they do it the way you like it.

www.cbsnews.com...

ALBANY, N.Y. Days after calling for an overhaul of gun control in New York following the Connecticut school shooting, Gov. Andrew Cuomo worked out a tough proposal on gun control with legislative leaders who promised to pass the most restrictive gun law in the nation.

The measure was approved by the Senate Monday night, 43-18, on the strength of support from Democrats, many of whom previously sponsored the bills that were once blocked by Republicans.

The Democrat-led Assembly gaveled out before midnight and planned to take the issue up at 10 a.m. Tuesday. It is expected to pass easily.

This is the way it should be done, by each state, with votes.

Not by tyranny.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

It wasn't voted on by the citizens.....just the heavily democratic senators. That is tyranny.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

It wasn't voted on by the citizens.....just the heavily democratic senators. That is tyranny.

It was who the people elected. THis is how it is supposed to work. That is all I am saying. The states are supposed to vote on it, not have it be mandated by the Federal government.

I am sorry that you don't like the make-up of the state government of NY, I don't either. I choose to not live there. I choose to live in a state where I feel the government is more supportive of the type of life I lead. It is not ideal, of course, but not the exact opposite. NY being strongly dem is not new.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I am no expert on constitutional legalities, I am trying to learn.

But I do not believe a state legislature can override the second amendment or any amendment of the constitution.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

I am no expert on constitutional legalities, I am trying to learn.

But I do not believe a state legislature can override the second amendment or any amendment of the constitution.

I am not, either. But according to the 10th amendment, the states have the right to make laws, and to be free of restriction from the Federal Government.

I believe it could be challenged in the Supreme Court, and probably won, but look how long it took to win this battle to legalize guns again in Chicago. It just happened in the end of December, 2012, to be met at the opening of the new year with this.

Read up on what Rham is plannng for Chicago, again. It will be back to the Supremes, once more.

However, they can make laws. and this is how it is supposed to be done. I would much rather see it this way, than executive orders. At least it gives the people a fighting chance.

ETA:

However, I think I see what you were saying without saying it. According to the second amendment, "shall not be infringed", which is a big argument heeard throughout this whole thing. I will see if I can dig up the Supremes decision for Illinois and see what it says. The gun ban there was found unconstitutional.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Libertygal because: ETA

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
www.realclearpolitics.com...

I think Levin sums it up pretty good in this video. Check it out.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It's hilarious how much some Americans are over-reacting to gun control. My predication? The bill will be passed, assault rifles and a few other guns will be banned, gun lovers will bitch and whine and moan for a month or so, then be forced to shut up when crime stats show no unusual increase in homicide rates 12months after the ban is put in place. Life goes on and we all continue waiting for the government to go all 1984 on our hines as the economy slowly trickles into a long overdue recession...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

The only thing helping the economy right now is gun sales...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
So here it is. Perhaps this "landmark decision" is the answer some are looking for as far as individual state gun restrictions:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Posted: 12/11/2012 12:58 pm EST | Updated: 12/11/2012 6:57 pm EST

Gun-rights advocates claimed a major victory on Tuesday when a federal appeals court in Illinois struck down the state's ban on carrying concealed firearms, in a ruling that may have national repercussions if appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Before the 2-1 ruling, Illinois stood as the last state in the country maintaining an absolute prohibition on the carrying of concealed firearms by private citizens. The majority opinion, by Richard A. Posner of the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, found the ban on concealed weapons was unconstitutional under a 2008 Supreme Court decision overturning a sweeping handgun ban by the District of Columbia.

The Supreme Court's decision in 2008 firmly established a constitutional right to armed self-defense under the Second Amendment, Posner wrote.

"A right to bear arms thus implies a right to carry a loaded gun outside the home," he wrote.

(snip)

"Today's ruling is a victory for all law-abiding citizens in Illinois and gun owners throughout the country," said Wayne LaPierre, the NRA executive vice president.

The ruling gives the state 180 days to craft a law regulating the carrying of weapons. Many states, like New York and California, severely restrict the issuance of concealed carry permits. Other states, particularly in the West, have virtually no restrictions on such permits.

(snip)

"I think the majority leader wants to have a ban without calling it a ban, and they don't have the votes to do it," said Todd Vandermyde, an Illinois-based lobbyist for the NRA.

(snip)

But, there is the part that truly sucks, and where they feel they have the power "to infringe"...

"Justice Scalia was emphatic that the right to possess a gun is not absolute," Posner said. "All that is clear is that an absolute ban on possessing a pistol is unconstitutional. The other restrictions a government might want to impose are up for grabs."

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'll keep my rights thanks, you are right that we got hoodwinked with the Patriot Act due to fear. I'm done being afraid, if they aim to kill us what choice do we have? I'd rather die on my feet than on my knees if it comes to that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join