It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have executive powers over guns..." - It's starting...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GradientWell

You cannot buy an AR 15 at wal mart nor can you a handgun at least not where i live only pump actions and bolt actions

Most of the local Walmarts in SE Pennsylvania do not even carry modern firearms, just a few muzzleloaders.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
holy assumptions batman

he will not order confiscations

he may oder a ban on high capacity magazines

he will probably mandate federal changes to the background check to include mental illness on anyone living in your house

here's what happened. the country was shocked and outraged at the sandy hook shooting, and looked to him for help. as a politician, he has to appear that he is doing what he can

so he will talk the talk

then he will sign a piece of paper that looks tough, but in reality isn't very tough

The only assumption I see being made are by you! You have backed Obama on just about everything and also like to make his detractors seem like fools for saying hes dictator like.Well look at your evidence and eat your words now because what hes doing is very clear to just about everyone he is circumventing the Constitution and congress to get his way and imposing his will on the American people who have shown they don't want this.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Secrets of war:
Propaganda
Divide
Disarm
Conquer

What happens if our civil liberties are taken one by one? How many are going to sit by and watch, how many are going to stand up? We have, in the United States, grown so comfortable in our lives, feeding into television, video games, and social entertainment, so much that we are already on the losing end of a war and we don't even realize it. Our government is supposed to be "for the people, bu the people", what happened? I don't recall getting a chance to voice an opinion or vote on many of the laws that are implemented. We used to be the "Land of the free and the home of the brave", now we are seen as the "Land of the laws and the home of the cowards". Our forefathers fought and died to give us, the future generations, a land of freedom, a place we were supposed to be free from tyrannical rule, what happened? I cannot say I have done much to help change anything, but, I am willing to. I, personally, don't want to see my children live in a country where they have lost all freedoms due to our lack of motivation and courage to stand up for what we know is right. We are the government, or are supposed to be, we are allowing these laws to be placed upon us, gun laws, TSA, Patriot Act, and many others. Do we really need a Department of Homeland Security, my belief was that is what militias are for. Maybe I am wrong, if so please enlighten me.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradientWell
You cannot buy an AR 15 at wal mart nor can you a handgun at least not where i live only pump actions and bolt actions

My local Wallyworld has an AR 15 in their case, right next to the other rifles and shotguns (standard stocks as well as pistol grip). And as another poster put quite well in this thread, one determined and skilled sniper with a standard deer rifle can do a lot more damage than a loon with a cheap AR or AK.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
you could be right like i said not in my wal mart but yea your right for some reason though the guns that are easy to get to arent making any shows on the streets seems to be assault rifles that aren't necessarily easy to get are the spotlight. where is the guy going to wal mart and getting a shotgun and then walking into a school.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
The only good thing about this, and I don't like it, by the way, is if he does sign an EO, at least the next president can get rid of it right away.

Whatever he decides to do.

If he is allowed to do what he wants, he will be the last president.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
so that being said anyone can walk into wal mart as long as you are 18 and buy a rifle but its not happening. Why where is that guy who bought that shotgun behind the counter at wal mart and killed a whole bunch of people with it. If they were so easy to get to and they are such a threat prove those areas where you buy those guns are are threats.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

They are pushing it, one step at a time.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradientWell
so that being said anyone can walk into wal mart as long as you are 18 and buy a rifle but its not happening. Why where is that guy who bought that shotgun behind the counter at wal mart and killed a whole bunch of people with it. If they were so easy to get to and they are such a threat prove those areas where you buy those guns are are threats.

Which would lead one to believe that these shootings have the potential to be set-ups or put out there for show in order to further an agenda. I've made this point before in other threads, but the tragic shooting in Newton was the first time that I ever saw the press go out of their way (in nearly every single report, regardless of the outlet... even Fox News) to report the BRAND NAMES of the firearms used. Normal reporting of an incident is to mention the type (rifle, handgun, shotgun, etc.), caliber (9mm, .357, etc.) and if they want to add some flair, they go with their common misnomer 'assault weapon.' But in this case, all you heard was Glock, Sig-Sauer, and especially Bushmaster. The gun types and manufacturers were put out in a very deliberate and purposeful way. Again, I found it odd, as I never remember a shooting in the past where the brand names were mentioned in such a way or with such frequency.

But I got off track. Back to the poster's quote above... yeah, it always seems odd that the wackos go on sprees with very expensive, or relatively expensive firearms. Not too many spree shooters are doing it with your standard $200 rifle or shotgun, or grampa's hunting weapons, or mom's 38 special. No, the spree shooters seem to be unusually well equipped and well funded. Look at the tool in the Colorado theater shootings. That gear costs a pretty penny. No one really connected the dots well on how he could build such an arsenal with his income. It's all very odd.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

edit on 01/15/2013 by GradientWell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
For fear of retaliation i did not say this but i agree completely i also think that they are set up however no one wants to believe the government will harm its citizens to sway public opinion.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They are doing what is part of the NWO plan. People can laugh, ridicule, talk down, debate, or otherwise suggest the resisters just like tin foil.....it is happening according to the plan, and this gun control stuff is as you say, just a part of it, not the whole of it. They have to take our guns so we won't resist. We are the last bastion. They have already gotten Europe to go along.

It was really a moment for me when I say the UN Sustainable Development page for Bolivia. Who would have thought?
Agenda 21 is global and the plan of globalists to force us all to submit to Totalitarian controls. I've been sounding the warning bell. I hope people are listening.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Libertygal

I am no expert on constitutional legalities, I am trying to learn.

But I do not believe a state legislature can override the second amendment or any amendment of the constitution.

No expert here either, but I was told years ago that the gov, local, state, fed, can pass any law they want and the law is legal until it's taken to court and proven unconstitutional.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
anytime anyone mentions NWO i immediately want to remove my name from the thread and burn my harddrive until there is just Solid as a rock proof that these people exist i just cant indulge in that argument and i wont.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by older1

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Libertygal

I am no expert on constitutional legalities, I am trying to learn.

But I do not believe a state legislature can override the second amendment or any amendment of the constitution.

No expert here either, but I was told years ago that the gov, local, state, fed, can pass any law they want and the law is legal until it's taken to court and proven unconstitutional.
You are correct.
That doesn't mean a President should attempt to have unconstitutional legislation passed, sign it into law or pass executive orders to attempt the same ends.....
Especially when he is supposedly a Constitutional scholar!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join