It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have executive powers over guns..." - It's starting...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Did Russia, China, or Cambodia give advanced warning to the population that they planned to murder MILLIONS of citizens?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I will never give my guns voluntarily even less by force!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SomethinWicKd

I couldn't agree more but i don't think anyone is gonna take anyones guns away. Just very strict gun laws # it might even get to the point where guns are cheap as hell and bullets cost $1000 a piece. Either way if you already got em you'll still have em in the end

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by flyandi

Why do you equate owning guns as being free? If a government agency somehow gained the right to come and get your gun from your home and you resisted how do you think that scenario would play out? You shooting all the government officials in your doorway screaming "FREEDOM!"?????

The U.S. is a global leader and by this statement I mean, everyone else copies us because we are cool....period. Why not use that influential power to make a positive statement for others to emmulate?

Society as a whole (Nation States at War) over petty crap and the countless lives lost due to unneccessary conflict has to stop. To do so, people have to change on a personal level first.

We must discard selfishness, greed and lack of compassion for our fellow man with cooperation, self-sacrifice and compassion.

I do agree with your final statement of WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

We can build a better society and future for us and our children. We just need the right focus.

Guns are bad.....violence is bad.....period.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
guns are not bad people are bad like i said set a gun in a corner for a million freakin years. if not one human picks it up it will rust to the God Damn ground. n thats a stinkin fact.
edit on 01/15/2013 by GradientWell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Isn't this old news by now or what? He said he was considering using an EO to enforce some type of stricter gun regulation, but I imagine feinstein will get her chance introducing that pos legislation she has warned everyone of.

Just be patient. I agree the news are not good but they are not necessarily terrible either. I guess we will have to wait and see.

What does amaze me is that everyone likes to bash hitler and stalin for mass murder but at the same time support the republicans with their anti-america stance, their pro-israel stance, their big business raping the world stance by using wall street to do so, their hate for any kind of redistribution of wealth, their hate of any welfare system, etc.

Guns will not save your ass when the economy collapses because the government wastes too much money for the enormous military industrial complex in wars and stealth machinery, the lack of available revenue generated for government to sustain itself. It might buy you a few hours, a few days or even a few weeks. Not much to brag about.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

There was way less crime under communism, the people who might commit crimes, they were informed on to the authorities by persons with a mindset much like yourself, so perceived offenders could be reeducated .besides mussolini was fascist , not communist.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
People are bad. Guns are not period to say that is just absurd. A gun can not control itself ( although with the current technology that might be a stretch) It needs a human being on the other end of it looking down the sites. you think that gun has to live with killing the people its killed no the person on the giving end does.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by flyandi

I think it is absolutely wonderful that "President Obama" has been so encouraged and emboldened to come out and declare himself on the Gun Issue. I hope he takes his "Executive Empowerment" for all it is worth; then finally we may be am to Impeach Him but it seems to me Joe Biden is in the same canoe and should be sent down the river along with Obama; then maybe we can begin to deal with all their co-conspirators.

edit on 15-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradientWell
People are bad. Guns are not period to say that is just absurd. A gun can not control itself ( although with the current technology that might be a stretch) It needs a human being on the other end of it looking down the sites. you think that gun has to live with killing the people its killed no the person on the giving end does.

Exactly!! So why not guide our society toward a environment that promotes positive things instead of killing!

Guns are directly linked to an idea of killing and death.

Besides, if those baddies you speak of couldnt go out to Wal-mart and pick up a gun after grocery shopping, then they wouldn't be used so frequently in schools, malls and movie theaters.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You cant impeach a president on the powers given to him. War powers suck and thats how it always is Abraham Lincoln like i said earlier did the same thing screw whether or not he cared actually but he did it and he wasnt impeached assassinated, not impeached

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

He's not threatening to remove any constitutional rights....He's not threatening to confiscate guns.

Maybe he isn't... but how about Governor Cuomo?

NY Governor Cuomo on guns: ‘Confiscation could be an option’

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You are not promoting killing by promoting guns. You are promoting security.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtcGod

Originally posted by GradientWell

Exactly!! So why not guide our society toward a environment that promotes positive things instead of killing!

Guns are directly linked to an idea of killing and death.

Besides, if those baddies you speak of couldnt go out to Wal-mart and pick up a gun after grocery shopping, then they wouldn't be used so frequently in schools, malls and movie theaters.

You cannot buy an AR 15 at wal mart nor can you a handgun at least not where i live only pump actions and bolt actions

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by flyandi

well Hitler did the same thing in 1938 and we all know how that ended.

While I don't believe anyone can tell you what you should be allowed to do, especially if you are responsible, you might want to brush up on your history. If you are referring to the Feinstein Bill and are comparing it to Hitler's gun control policy, although they are similar, Hitler's policy was an extension of post-World War I gun control measures set on Germany by the Allies to keep Germany from militarizing itself.

The proposed Feinstein assault weapons ban itself doesn’t call for confiscation, and would in fact allow owners of any banned guns to keep their weapons when/ if the bill goes into effect. A Connecticut lawmaker is calling for background checks to buy ammo, but this is in no way in the “confiscation” vein.

Hitler, then, came into power when this regulation was in effect … so, yes, Hitler, by default, did have a gun control policy — but only because it was forced on Germany.

I'm not defending this monster, only showing you that the thing most often repeated by the pro-gun people is a fallacy.

Regardless that it was piggybacked on a "WWI measure", Hitler not only embraced the vehicle which allowed him to disarm the populace....he essentially french-kissed it.

IOW, your version of history is incorrect.

Just because Adolph Hitler didn't personally sign the original legislation, doesn't absolve him of the charge of disarming the German people.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join