It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have executive powers over guns..." - It's starting...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
REVOULTION FOR AMERICANS!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by flyandi

WOW! What poor english comprehension people. Go back and re-watch the linked video and note where you hear Obama say the word "Control" as in gun control?
He talks about "measures to reduce gun violence"! He also talks about how they gather data on "guns that fall into the hands of criminals". I hear no mention of regulation, registration or confiscation nor any reason to think our beloved constitution is at risk here.

I feel this is a product of misinformation in that fallacious information is creating an a priori in peoples opinions making it easy to accept an idea like this that simply is not true. Distrusting Obama and fearing he will take our guns away is quite different from believing that he is actually attempting to do this when in fact he is not.

I understand that we can read between the lines and see a hidden agenda here but let's keep it at that and don't jump to conclussions. The key is to see things as they actually are, I mean if you're going to make up some fictitious scenario why not make up something pleasant?

reply to post by Ghost375

He's not threatening to remove any constitutional rights....He's not threatening to confiscate guns.
I'm glad there are some people that can actualy understand english and are willing to reply to threads like this in the hopes that people will listen and learn. Keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'll tell you one thing; once they try to take guns out of the mid-west. Civil war.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Amendment 2 is not negotiable.
Article 6 ...any law which is in direct conflict of the supreme (constitution) law...it is null and void.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You could have all the guns you want and not a a single one can stop a hellfire missle fired from a mile away. To think that a hand gun or a rifle is gonna protect you from a jet flying several miles above you is idiotic.
reply to post by Wertdagf

Please understand the military would not attack US citizens (family), There may be a small number to try, but most of the military would be with us. However, outside forces, private security, brainwashed police and the like would most likely be used.
But there is no way in hell TPTB would try anything while citizens are still armed!

Thinking that our military will carpet bomb cities, or use hellfire missile, tanks, nuks, etc., is idiotic.
The truth is in history, first they take the guns, then they kill, then the ones left are slaves (some living in a dream thinking they are free).

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

So you believe its not Obamas plan to seize all guns down the line ?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by flyandi

So instead of finding other solutions, to you shooting each other as a form of dealing with crime is the way? Nonsense. Do you imagine, if we all had guns, if we all started using them, sometimes even for smaller problems, or because one of them got drunk, how many 'incidents' would happen?

Down to all Gun defenders ALL OF you are Bull#

I need to say that little as the paragraph above. No, increase security, add policemen to guard streets rather than just come when someone calls them, other ways. Using guns to solve problems? You are ***** OP
edit on 15-1-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It would appear the President of the US has, in his studies, missed the part where George Washington refused to become a King and Dictator for the future of the country. If he did not miss this historical anecdote, it is far more likely the current president believes the first president made a mistake.

link   
wow you lost the argument as soon as you start insulting people you lost so now every post after this is moot and makes you look even more like a Hind quarters

link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Bollocks. If everyone open carried everywhere...PEOPLE WOULD BE MORE POLITE.....so they dont get shot....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by flyandi

So instead of finding other solutions, to you shooting each other as a form of dealing with crime is the way? Nonsense. Do you imagine, if we all had guns, if we all started using them, sometimes even for smaller problems, or because one of them got drunk, how many 'incidents' would happen?

Down to all Gun defenders ALL OF you are Bull#

I need to say that little as the paragraph above. No, increase security, add policemen to guard streets rather than just come when someone calls them, other ways. Using guns to solve problems? You are ***** OP

Talkin bout you

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by essanance

So you believe its not Obamas plan to seize all guns down the line ?
I think the question is, do you think it's Obama's plan to seize all guns down the line? If so, why?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Amazes me how people don't know their own history.... The 2nd Amendment was given to the people to protect themselves against a tyrannical government. It was the 2nd most important RIGHT, directly following FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

You let your gun rights go and you are setting yourself up for slaughter.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by whisperindave

I couldn't read past this part...

we need to become a little more civilized and make sure no one has access to these guns. we need to become a little more civilized and make sure no one has access to these guns.

For real. These gun are already illegal in the highest crime areas of Detroit and Los Angeles. "These" guns are in the hands of people that don't care about becoming a "little more civilized". But who knows, maybe you will have better luck than the police at changing their behavior with your new civil laws.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by koder

Think again, I know human nature even better than you.

Do you know why? Because I know this moment when you can get so mad that you can kill someone. I've felt it too. Best is to let go the steam, before you do something. And not having a gun is a good thing at that time.

Let's see: Someone pisses me off - boom

ANother places someone else pisses anothr person off - boom

A third place - ..

Let's all carry guns, moronic thinking, the average guys in the US aka AVERAGE DUMB MASSES are crazy and paranoid, you know what, a police state that is the US has more guns at home than other places, wow just wow!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by koder

Think again, I know human nature even better than you.

Do you know why? Because I know this moment when you can get so mad that you can kill someone. I've felt it too. Best is to let go the steam, before you do something. And not having a gun is a good thing at that time.

Let's see: Someone pisses me off - boom

ANother places someone else pisses anothr person off - boom

A third place - ..

Let's all carry guns, moronic thinking, the average guys in the US aka AVERAGE DUMB MASSES are crazy and paranoid, you know what, a police state that is the US has more guns at home than other places, wow just wow!

so that proves you know human nature better than him... This guy is a moron

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

If you and other like minded people would like firearms removed from the hands of American people, maybe , since, all of this useless regulation did not, and never will work . Maybe you should come and take them from us,
and protect us from ourselves, so we can live in a utopian society like yours, where its nice and safe and the police stop all violent crime before anyone gets hurt, and where your government trust its people, and there is no need for round the clock surveillance, because the guns are gone, and the crime rate is so low, everybody is just happy, happy , happy.... wait , thats right, you have no way to execute force, or to effect change. and im sure your government listens to all the complaints of your people, and everyone is satisfied by the quick response and remedies put in place by t.p.t.b.

link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty

You could have all the guns you want and not a a single one can stop a hellfire missle fired from a mile away. To think that a hand gun or a rifle is gonna protect you from a jet flying several miles above you is idiotic.
reply to post by Wertdagf

Please understand the military would not attack US citizens (family), There may be a small number to try, but most of the military would be with us. However, outside forces, private security, brainwashed police and the like would most likely be used.
But there is no way in hell TPTB would try anything while citizens are still armed!

Thinking that our military will carpet bomb cities, or use hellfire missile, tanks, nuks, etc., is idiotic.
The truth is in history, first they take the guns, then they kill, then the ones left are slaves (some living in a dream thinking they are free).

Under the blanket of "national emergency", "terrorism", "dangerous cult," etc. it's surprising and amazing what our own police, military, national guard, etc. are capable of. Ruby Ridge, Waco, New Orleans... Once you demonize a group/population/etc., it apparently becomes quite easy to shoot women and children, burn them alive, treat them like cattle, or whatever. SOP when dealing with a largely civilian population are the standard psyops and brainwash techniques so that these are no longer your friends and neighbors, these are not defenseless innocents, these are not your fellow Americans... these are dangerous people in a dangerous situation that need to be controlled and eliminated if necessary.

We have been well conditioned to demonize our own all the time. Haven't you noticed the ever widening divide in this country, along every conceivable way imaginable to split us and shatter us - religion, politics, abortion, gay marriage, gun rights, liberalism, conservatism, smoking, etc. All sides have been pushed to extremism, all while labeling the other side of any issue a dangerous extremist. Love They Neighbor has been changed to Hate Thy Neighbor in every which way. Trigger one of the dozens of reasons to hate someone else, and it becomes quite easy to impose your will on them under the influence of "orders", "duty", etc.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join