It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No guns needed, we have Gasoline!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I was just mulling over the article regarding New York City law limiting the capacity of magazine to no more than seven rounds. In turn that got me to thinking about the effect of a total gun ban as well as successful confiscation and destruction (which we know is impossible) of ALL guns.

So just how do you attack crowds in the future? How would you inflict the greatest amount of death and horrible destruction if all the evil guns were gone? Blame it on the medications, overpopulation, urban blight, video games or whatever you choose. Lets face it, crazy whack jobs seem to be attacking groups with greater frequency all the time. Will banning guns stop madness? Not likely. It will however change the manner in which they choose to affect their nasty plans.

Personally I would rather have a few bullets tossed around a movie theater than say a Molotov cocktail in a gallon jug. Mix it up with some petroleum jelly and you have a device that will wreak at least as much terror or havoc as gunshots.

I am not trying to give anyone ideas, I am simply pointing out the absolute stupidity behind the anti-gun mindset. There are dozens of ways to maim or kill people in a crowd. Most of them at least as easy as using a gun and many of them much more frightening.

So do we ban gasoline or do we figure out what is the cause of maniac killers? Personally I vote for proactive solutions. Reactive solutions always come late and seldom work as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Actually I just think every American - man, woman and child - should be given 4 assault rifles, extended mags and a crate of ammo each. The rest of the world can sit back and enjoy the fireworks then set about cleaning up Americas mess when it's all over with.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

If the people are properly trained/educated, and if they are mentally stable (read: let's make sure the people who are on anti-depressants and such are not going to go nuts) then I see zero issue.

The real issue is mental health and the "F" that the world gets for treating it, has ALWAYS been.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Actually I just think every American - man, woman and child - should be given 4 assault rifles, extended mags and a crate of ammo each. The rest of the world can sit back and enjoy the fireworks then set about cleaning up Americas mess when it's all over with.

I don't think that you would get the results that you desire. Something would get cleaned up, but, not what you think.

By the way, there's lots better things than gasoline to use and they are very easy to get.
edit on 14-1-2013 by JIMC5499 because: forgot something

new topics

top topics

join