It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hit and Runs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So today some bitch hit my car while I was in it. She tried to run but I ran out and talked to her. She completely denied the whole thing, I even showed her where she hit my car- all the way down to the white (my car is teal so the difference is very very noticable). She denied it yet again and peeled out when I was standing *right* next to her car. Two witnesses saw the whole event except for the part where she hit my car. So I call police over and they write a police report and tell me that there is really nothing I can do if she denies the whole thing. My insurance agency told me *I* would have to pay for the damages unless she claimed responsibility, which I doubt she would if she blatantly denied it to my face.

I'm very confused on how someone can get away with a hit-run like that. I saw the whole thing, I was right there... This whole thing is bull# and there's something wrong with this whole american "justice" system.

As Cicero put it- the more laws, the less justice.

I'm sorry this might be off-topic but don't know where to put it.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by FourOceans]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The �Rant� forum is probably a good spot for this. Back to the problem, maybe you could take this person to small claims court. Did you get the license plate of the car that hit you? Also you could check to see if any closed circuit cameras recorded this car hitting yours, many parking lots are covered by security cameras.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I got her plate before she left and the police officer checked it up for me and I have the registered owner as well as the address and phone number. There were witnesses to her peeling out but they can't assume the reason she peeled out so I'm SOL there. No cameras or anything around that area so can't do anything about that.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Man, that really sucks. I'm a very defensive driver now because of stuff like that ALMOST happening to me. Moral of the story: Women are terrible drivers

Only kidding...of course.....

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
4 oceans, what state do you live in?

If you swear out a complaint against her, the cops have to take your complaint. They have no choice.

Get a camera and take a picture of your ding, and a picture of her bumper. Even if the photo evidence is lousy, the judge will side with you for being more committed.

Try to get the witnesses to sign something about what they DID see. You CAN prove that she was there at the time, that you confronted her, and that she left in a guilt-ridden manner.

You ought to do okay in small claims.

It totally sux for you. Won't she be in for a shock if you wake up tomorrow morning with dangerous psychic brain powers, and you start coming after her like Carrie in the epynomous movie.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sounds like the po-po are lazy. They could do a paint scraping to match the paint left on your car to her paint job - but of course they have 'better' things to do, huh?

top topics

join