It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Survivors Chronicles

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The Chapters now have titles, and here's a sneak preview of what is written so far:

Chapters rewritten/added to 1-14. This will provide some incentive to my existing readers to start from the beginning again, as the new content is not published here on this thread. Consider what you have been reading so far the rough initial draft.

Chapter 1:
The Desperate Run
Chapter 2:
Out From the Shaking
Chapter 3:
Introspective, Pain, and the Sound From Hell
Chapter 4:
Fear to Primal Necessity
Chapter 5:
New Company in Hell
Chapter 6:
Ben and Beast
Chapter 7:
We the Hunted
Chapter 8:
Fear Redelivered
Chapter 9:
Not Without Me
Chapter 10:
Wave Bullets
Chapter 11:
Sleeping Bag Surprise
Chapter 12:
Help Me
Chapter 13:
A New Harsh Reality
Chapter 14:
Hacksaw at 6,000 Feet

Chapters 15-25, unpublished anywhere yet, but here's a peek:

Chapter 15:
One Million Dots of Death
Chapter 16:
Pounded Into Fire
Chapter 17:
Rotten Eggs and The Mad Dash
Chapter 18:
The Million Dollar Cigarette
Chapter 19:
Bizarre Theories of Hope
Chapter 20:
The Urgent Death Calculator
Chapter 21:
Sound The Secret Alarm
Chapter 22:
Revenge of the Gods?
Chapter 23:
This chapter is secret, and I will say no more about it for now.
Chapter 24:
Ben's Prophecy
Chapter 25:
Rumors of Extinction Come True?

And that's where I am at so far- just now starting on Chapter 26. Wish me luck, gonna need it!
edit on Sat May 11th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Oh man please, I loved this, just a chapter now and again?
edit on 11/5/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
The Chapters now have titles, and here's a sneak preview of what is written so far:

Chapters rewritten/added to 1-14. This will provide some incentive to my existing readers to start from the beginning again, as the new content is not published here on this thread. Consider what you have been reading so far the rough initial draft.

Chapter 1:
The Desperate Run
Chapter 2:
Out From the Shaking
Chapter 3:
Introspective, Pain, and the Sound From Hell
Chapter 4:
Fear to Primal Necessity
Chapter 5:
New Company in Hell
Chapter 6:
Ben and Beast
Chapter 7:
We the Hunted
Chapter 8:
Fear Redelivered
Chapter 9:
Not Without Me
Chapter 10:
Wave Bullets
Chapter 11:
Sleeping Bag Surprise
Chapter 12:
Help Me
Chapter 13:
A New Harsh Reality
Chapter 14:
Hacksaw at 6,000 Feet

Chapters 15-25, unpublished anywhere yet, but here's a peek:

Chapter 15:
One Million Dots of Death
Chapter 16:
Pounded Into Fire
Chapter 17:
Rotten Eggs and The Mad Dash
Chapter 18:
The Million Dollar Cigarette
Chapter 19:
Bizarre Theories of Hope
Chapter 20:
The Urgent Death Calculator
Chapter 21:
Sound The Secret Alarm
Chapter 22:
Revenge of the Gods?
Chapter 23:
This chapter is secret, and I will say no more about it for now.
Chapter 24:
Ben's Prophecy
Chapter 25:
Rumors of Extinction Come True?

And that's where I am at so far- just now starting on Chapter 26. Wish me luck, gonna need it!

Well dude, drop us the ones that youve finished already!!! Stop torturing us!!!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Well dude, drop us the ones that youve finished already!!! Stop torturing us!!!

Oh, this from ye who would have me banned if I don't post another Chapter on your deadline?

Lol, and here I was all excited cause I have now completed Chapters 26, 27, 28, and 29- and working on 30. I'm well over 120 pages. I may eventually condense those down to less Chapters and more pages per Chapter. Some are long, and some are shorter. But that's the way it's going down for now.

Good work takes time, brudda. And once you get your hands on it when it's done, you'll understand. Patience, sweetie.
Can't rush a good thing.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

A man on another web sight started his first book like you have done on ATS. He has had several books published over the last 5 years and even has a movie deal. He is approachable and has a web sight where you can contact him. He was just a normal guy who had a deep felt passion about the stories he wrote. His Name is Larry Correia larrycorreia.wordpress.com...

His books are not usually something I would normally read yet since the first one I have made an effort to aquire everything he has written.

Also in your story when he was asked by Jan if he had ever saw breast before....I would have replied, "Not like those"! hahahah seems to work...

Anyway great story telling and hope you are successful in marketing and being published....

edit on 17-5-2013 by 727Sky because: make link work!!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
Also in your story when he was asked by Jan if he had ever saw breast before....I would have replied, "Not like those"! hahahah seems to work...

In any other story, yes, that would be a good line.

But in this case, considering the morbid circumstances, he is more just sort of startled and embarrassed. If the world was ending and you were running for your life, I highly doubt you'd be in the frame of mind to say anything like that in response. You see what I mean? You're in a completely different frame of mind. But seeing them was still out of the ordinary, and his reaction was completely different than it might have been in a normal world. I am really trying to capture moments just like that in this story- where reactions are not the usual to things anymore- because of the extreme circumstances. And there is way more of things just like that. But....gotta wait...sorry.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Quit talkin and start postin!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Oh am so enjoying this, you have a wonderful writing style.
Please that everyone who has touched your soul.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Re read the whole thing, but I'm starting serious withdrawal here.
More please? Soon? VERY soon?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
No real updates to mention... Sorry folks, real life has taken necessary precedence over my dreamworld with this, and so have not written much more lately. But believe me, it is still on my mind, just on a temporary back burner while I spend most of my time at work. I have some serious time into this story, and gonna need to put even more into it to finish it. But thanks again for reminding me. I said it'd be months, didn't I?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You should, and you should, and you should.

Excellent story my friend. Has me riveted so far and believe me when I say that does not happen too often.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Oh poo!, or even Pooh! Just as I was getting into it.

Give up your job, get on with the story. Life is too short to be working for someone else. I know. I did it. Bad move. Regret it.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
No real updates to mention... Sorry folks, real life has taken necessary precedence over my dreamworld with this, and so have not written much more lately. But believe me, it is still on my mind, just on a temporary back burner while I spend most of my time at work. I have some serious time into this story, and gonna need to put even more into it to finish it. But thanks again for reminding me. I said it'd be months, didn't I?

Thought you had chapters already written, post em!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

lol, someone must have found the key to the lock.
They let you out of the Quake Watch thread!

See, now it's people like you reading this story I got to be careful of. That is why I am trying to be careful of the scientific aspects, for accuracy. And that part is tough.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

You handed me the key - you dropped by the thread.

As regards the technical aspects it needs to be non-technical for the average readership and I think you got that about right. There is no need to explain, for example, what P and S waves are, as in the text you clearly showed that P waves arrive before S waves - in other words that two of more shakings can happen from an earthquake. I believe that is a technical as it needs to be. Obviously a little bit more technical speak later as the scientist works out what happened, but try any avoid eyeglazing terminology

If we were really going to get technical then I would question if the water could reach and remain at that height, but who cares? Everest was pushed up. The shells did not get there by tsunami action, but that will bypass most as it gives credibility to the height suggested.

Stick with it. It is a great story. I know a couple of publishers, not big players, but it could be useful to get an opinion. So far it has great merit as a film I think.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
TrueAmerican you have me sold.

This is a fantastic read and even more so with suspense and drama!
I am submerged into this so far and highly recommend you publish the story.
A book would be an awesome career accomplishment and this story would work!

Excellent job, even though I just read all of it today (including all comments)...bravo!

If you ever have this published, I will certainly buy a few copies.
This is my type of story.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Thanks for the kind words, and glad you have enjoyed it so far. I did manage to spend a bit more time on it in the last few days and got Chapter 30 completed. I had to reread it all again to get back into the vibe and remember all the details before I could continue. The rewrites of the initial chapters really do make a big difference with more descriptions, and this thing is turning into a real challenge to finish.

And Homer, quit badgering me to post more chapters! At least everyone else is being cool about it, and understands the transition to a book, and I thank them all for the patience. Ok fine, get me 100 flags on this thread and I'll post another Chapter.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I just finished watching "The Colony" , I felt so bad about how horible it was and insulting to the intelligence of anything sentient.

I stumbled upon your story (a book in the making) and read it completely (all the parts you published)

I am so thrilled about your project that I want to help you.

I'm a long time web designer, I did lots of websites, corporate, fun, magazines and stores and I would love to do your website for the book.

Please, contact me at this message or at my e-mail: [email protected]

Let me extend my thanks for what you've done and help you (if I can) to succeed in what you're doing!, I would most definetly love to help !

I'm so happy that I found this thread and this community!

Alex

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tecnogaming

Wow, now there's a type of post I don't see every day.

Cool... got your email... Now you might want to delete it, or u2u a mod to edit out.

Yes, I have some ideas for a site... It's gotta be rockin, pro looking, and an enticing entry point to sell the book! We'll figure out something for compensation...

Thanks mucho. Looking forward to hooking up with you later. Let me finish it, and I'll be in touch.
Might be a long while.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sure thing !

We will come out with something, i love to make fine webs.

I recently created a website for a director here in argentina, for his film, he wanted to do a digital presentation only so you can imagine that web was primordial to this. If you can manage to get a graphic artist that should considerably speed things up, since there are some "touches" like backgrounds that could be soo much better if you could provide an artist an "image" of the scene.

I manage to do logos, backgrounds, buttons, entire websites but i'm a web designer not graphic artist, I will see what I can get from here, suffice to say it must be some guy who already read your first 14 chapters and have an idea of your book.

You can't ask for more, a web designer passionate about conspiracy theories designing your web

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join