It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Survivors Chronicles

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican
TA, I'd look up the next sci fi convention in your area and sign up to be a vendor. You can bring copies of your books and autograph them. Alot of us congoers LOVE to buy first run copies of a book, they end up becoming very valueable with a autograph by the author

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Lol, well after seeing the actual books, I had to order a couple more- one for me, and another in reserve for anyone else who wants an autographed copy. That way I can ship out right away. I guess I will number them too. #001 and #002 are sold already.

As to attending a con, that's an interesting idea. I'd probably have to go to Atlanta for that, as well as order a bunch of books to take with me.

In other news, one of my scientific contacts has told me they are going to check the book out over the holidays. *gulp* Oh boy, here we go. This is where my story gets critiqued by a real scientist. I guess they will just laugh. But I don't know. We'll see.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

TA, your scientific friend is going to love it!

I was glad to read that you are going to number the copies you sign! I must admit, that thought has been on my mind for some time, but I feel I've already pestered you too much!

Have you thought of setting up a Facebook page for advertising your book?

When I got to the last chapter, I waited several days before reading it; I didn't want the book to end!

I'm looking forward to reading your next book. Have you started it yet?

Nugget
edit on 7u55America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: add comment

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

lol, started my next book yet? Ha. I am still recovering from writing this one!

And writing the book is only half of it. If everyone hated it, I could of just dropped it and let it die. But with all the good reviews and sales, something is telling me I need to market it a lot more. So I am going to take some time to try and get it out there on a bigger scale. I can't see myself starting a new book for a while yet.

But just so you know, I do have ideas both for a sequel to this book, and also for a completely different piece, non-fiction, about the ordeal my Grandfather went through in World War II. He, along with about 1400 other American troops were taken prisoner by the Japanese near the Philippines, and while they were all being transported by ship, their ship got hit and sunk by an American vessel. Only like six of them survived that after the sharks, ended up on a small island in the middle of nowhere, and... well... let's just say it wasn't pretty. He also survived the Bataan Death March. That's a real story that needs telling. But he's long gone, and I would have to do a whole lot of research for that.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So just for the hell of it, and seeing as it's already on the way, I put up autographed copy serial #003 for sale on ebay:

www.ebay.com...:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

And btw, nugget, congrats on getting #001! Early bird gets the worm! I'll be shipping that out to you and #002 tomorrow Monday I hope. At the latest Tuesday!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
A new way to connect with me and the book via twitter:

twitter.com...

Anyone that clicks "follow" to that twitter account (me) will get a follow back! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Also, anyone wanting to help increase exposure for this work can:

1) Submit a 5-star review on Amazon- (if you deem it worthy of 5 stars, of course)- this helps a lot.

2) I made a post at Reddit:
www.reddit.com...
Wanna vote it up? Thanks!

3) Tell another person about it- or even lend them yours if you like.

4) Help find me an uber elite pro graphic artist that can redo my cover. They need to have serious experience drawing mega waves, and hopefully, meteor type objects on fire in the air.

Thanks again for all your support!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Autographed copy serial #003 just sold. So I just listed #004 up on Ebay again here:

www.ebay.com...

darnit, now I am gonna have to order more! Am I EVER gonna get to keep one for me?

Man, readers in UK are really increasing. Mostly ebooks, and I have no idea how they are finding it on the Amazon site there. But they are. Pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Anyone just coming to this thread (as I did very recently) do yourself a favour and read from page 1 - you won't be disappointed . Not only is the story itself original and gripping the journey of its completion is just as interesting as is the encouragement and constructive criticism of fellow ATS'ers .

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thanks slidingdoor.

Now here's an interesting story:

A Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife officer killed a mountain lion on a Bourbon County farm on Monday, marking the first confirmed sighting of a mountain lion in Kentucky since before the Civil War, said Mark Marraccini, a spokesman for the agency.

Marraccini said a farmer spotted the cat in a tree and alerted the department. When the officer responded, he found the animal had been trapped in different tree by a barking dog and decided it was best to "dispatch it."

Mountain lions were once native to Kentucky but they were killed off here more than a century ago, Marraccini said.

www.courier-journal.com...

Readers of my book will know exactly why I posted this! NC is not all that far from Kentucky. In fact the Blue Ridge Mountains are very close to other parts of the overall Appalachian Mountain chain, a piece of which runs through far eastern Kentucky. So if one was just killed in KY, chances are high they are also in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western NC. And some people swear to it.

The controversy continues. Careful up in them thar hills, boys. The big cats can get you.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I must say, I've never been much of a reader. Until today! I read every chapter you published in this thread in rapid fashion! I loved every line and look forward to ordering a copy! Well done sir, well done indeed!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: imawlinn

Awesome, thanks ima!

Also, readers of this story should know that for the last couple of days now, the book has been darting in and out of the top 100 best sellers on Amazon.uk in its genre of Post Apocalyptic Science Fiction! So far the highest rank achieved is #87. Thanks to all of you who have helped get it there by purchasing the ebook!

I made an announcement thread about it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I'm just on part 5 atm..

Initially i thought i didnt enjoy your writing style in part 1 (first impressions etc) but that quickly changed and i am actually really, really enjoying it! I've skipped forwards and got thoroughly bummed (not literally!) when i realised i wont be able to sit here all night and read it

Seriously, it's a great read so far and the fast pace works superbly... i've just looked it up on Amazon and 370 odd pages? Wow! i don't own a kindle so i'll have to see if i can buy and then read on my PC (i'm not so tech savvy - can i do this?) as it totally promises to be a bloody good read.

Very smart work indeed sir!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

There is actually a FREE AP on Amazon that you can download, and then read the book from just about any device (including your laptop!)

It's a great option!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Yes, I think the printed book is like 365 pages. And glad you got dragged into the mayhem!

Surprises await you.

But if I do put out a sequel, that's when I am REALLY gonna go nuts.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What happened to the website mate?. I was really hoping to make you one, did you found anybody else?. If you did made the website, care to share the link?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I may be able to make you a website for this if you're still interested, I'm really looking forward to read the book too.

I just watched These Final Hours and my hunger for end of the world novels just went up !

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tecnogaming

lol, oh no, the website is still in my thoughts- I am just taking some time off from it all and resting from a difficult and physically taxing day job. I am still trying to gauge whether the investment would be worthwhile, although westcoast in the other thread seems to think so- especially if I am to write a sequel or two. So the answer is- it's still up in the air. And without a serious graphic artist, probably not. Remember, I don't even have a darn cover for this thing yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Frandawg143
What is going on I never wrote this post. ATS what are you doing

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Frandawg143

Drink much?
ATS, as nutty as it gets sometimes, doesn't just make its own posts.

In the meantime, looks like I just got a very negative, 1 star review in the UK:

Read it if you've got nothing better to do!, 18 Jan. 2015
By Ms Patricia A. Siggins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mega Cataclysm: The Last Survivors Chronicles (Kindle Edition)

Having had a quick look at the ratings from America I am quite surprised as from the start I thought it was tosh! Our 'hero' for want of a better word, abducts an attractive young woman, at gunpoint, in the hope that she is fertile 'because humanity could depend on it', in a setting of the world experiencing huge earthquakes. The first time I started this book, I moved on to another, when he starts describing her bra less state, and only returned to it when it was the only one left. I nearly gave up again but decided to see it through, in disbelief it could remain this bad. Never once does he mention friends or family he has left behind and later on demonstrates psychopathic tendencies when he comes across the American President. If humanity being able to start again was up to this man....heaven help us! The novel is also sexist with the women in it being seen as letting their emotions rule their common sense and ever ready for a bit of the other! I will stress that their are no graphic sex scenes, more school boy innuendo. There are also some annoying typos and at one point, the author gets confused with the characters, which I am surprised he didn't pick up on. In short, did I enjoy this book - no I did not!

www.amazon.co.uk...=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Fortunately I was prepared for this, and expecting one sooner or later- so while I am not happy about it, it was bound to happen. Apparently, some people just don't know the meaning of the word FICTION. And if I didn't mention friends or family, (which I am uncertain of, but I think I did at one point), ahhh, maybe that's cause in that situation there wasn't a whole lot of time to THINK about them when the world was fricken ending?

lol. ok. Next.

Sales in the UK at this point are like 13 to 1 (USA), and still darting in and out of the top 100 best sellers in genre there. Kind of ironic that all the good reviews are over here- and yet selling very little here. How is it that all of you missed all these horrible traits (supposedly, according to her) of the book?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join