Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Should we just go for it

page: 3
3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by theghoster Don't you give a damn whether your friends or partner or whatever you have (if anyone) gets killed or hurt or maimed?



No, why would i when what i propose is for the greater good......we are here but for the blink of an eye as we have been here but for the blink of an eye and in that blink we have basically destroyed a whole Planet with our greed....

we must be stopped for the sake of our species....we are corrupt, we are sick and we need healing..

I look around me and i see Consumers with no conscious thoughts of their own, they are just like locusts devouring all before them....we must be stopped or at the very least slowed down to a level that we can sustain.


Fine, then implement a one-child policy, or raise taxes on people have children, or make having kids more expensive and costly. At least try a peaceful route than the one you are advocating.

Hell, even without the empathy argument ( which clearly you have not interest in hearing) how would starting WW3 which would no doubt include nuclear weapons help man survive into the future. You would literally destroy the biosphere for centuries to come. I don't care how many underground bunkers you build...there would be nothing waiting for the survivors of this war at the sol called "End Game". There will literally be no more game to play. Your plan is not only lacks empathy it doesn't even make practical or logistical sense.


Guess what? Your not some grand chess master who coolly and intelligently thinks about the "Big Picture" for mankind, while the rest of us are just foolish beasts. Your just a short-sighted psycho

-TheGhoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)


Life will always find a way...with us or without us this planet needs to go on....so what if it takes a thousand years to recover.....maybe a new species will have more respect for the only life giving planet that we know about within a million of light years from here.....our time is near....we have exhausted this planet in such a short space of time....it's time to move on and let another species take over...if Certain individual survive then so be it.....The Greater good with 0 compassion.




posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by theghoster

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by theghoster Don't you give a damn whether your friends or partner or whatever you have (if anyone) gets killed or hurt or maimed?



No, why would i when what i propose is for the greater good......we are here but for the blink of an eye as we have been here but for the blink of an eye and in that blink we have basically destroyed a whole Planet with our greed....

we must be stopped for the sake of our species....we are corrupt, we are sick and we need healing..

I look around me and i see Consumers with no conscious thoughts of their own, they are just like locusts devouring all before them....we must be stopped or at the very least slowed down to a level that we can sustain.


Fine, then implement a one-child policy, or raise taxes on people have children, or make having kids more expensive and costly. At least try a peaceful route than the one you are advocating.

Hell, even without the empathy argument ( which clearly you have not interest in hearing) how would starting WW3 which would no doubt include nuclear weapons help man survive into the future. You would literally destroy the biosphere for centuries to come. I don't care how many underground bunkers you build...there would be nothing waiting for the survivors of this war at the sol called "End Game". There will literally be no more game to play. Your plan is not only lacks empathy it doesn't even make practical or logistical sense.


Guess what? Your not some grand chess master who coolly and intelligently thinks about the "Big Picture" for mankind, while the rest of us are just foolish beasts. Your just a short-sighted psycho

-TheGhoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)


Life will always find a way...with us or without us this planet needs to go on....so what if it takes a thousand years to recover.....maybe a new species will have more respect for the only life giving planet that we know about within a million of light years from here.....our time is near....we have exhausted this planet in such a short space of time....it's time to move on and let another species take over...if Certain individual survive then so be it.....The Greater good with 0 compassion.


We could always recycle all the crap we wasted and colonise the solar system, which ofcourse will take a very long time.



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by theghoster

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by theghoster Don't you give a damn whether your friends or partner or whatever you have (if anyone) gets killed or hurt or maimed?



No, why would i when what i propose is for the greater good......we are here but for the blink of an eye as we have been here but for the blink of an eye and in that blink we have basically destroyed a whole Planet with our greed....

we must be stopped for the sake of our species....we are corrupt, we are sick and we need healing..

I look around me and i see Consumers with no conscious thoughts of their own, they are just like locusts devouring all before them....we must be stopped or at the very least slowed down to a level that we can sustain.


Fine, then implement a one-child policy, or raise taxes on people have children, or make having kids more expensive and costly. At least try a peaceful route than the one you are advocating.

Hell, even without the empathy argument ( which clearly you have not interest in hearing) how would starting WW3 which would no doubt include nuclear weapons help man survive into the future. You would literally destroy the biosphere for centuries to come. I don't care how many underground bunkers you build...there would be nothing waiting for the survivors of this war at the sol called "End Game". There will literally be no more game to play. Your plan is not only lacks empathy it doesn't even make practical or logistical sense.


Guess what? Your not some grand chess master who coolly and intelligently thinks about the "Big Picture" for mankind, while the rest of us are just foolish beasts. Your just a short-sighted psycho

-TheGhoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)


Life will always find a way...with us or without us this planet needs to go on....so what if it takes a thousand years to recover.....maybe a new species will have more respect for the only life giving planet that we know about within a million of light years from here.....our time is near....we have exhausted this planet in such a short space of time....it's time to move on and let another species take over...if Certain individual survive then so be it.....The Greater good with 0 compassion.


We could always recycle all the crap we wasted and colonise the solar system, which ofcourse will take a very long time.

More time than we have left i'm afraid...my main reason for drastic change sooner than it's to late...



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol
 


Ok, now I get you. You don't WW3 so we can advance the human species. You want WW3 to eradicate the human species. Trust me my man, we won't need WW3 for that. We will do it on our own, with or without a war. Whether man should be eradicated at all is basically a subjective viewpoint, so I guess that question is up to the individual.

-TheGhoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
reply to post by Soloprotocol
 


Ok, now I get you. You don't WW3 so we can advance the human species. You want WW3 to eradicate the human species. Trust me my man, we won't need WW3 for that. We will do it on our own, with or without a war. Whether man should be eradicated at all is basically a subjective viewpoint, so I guess that question is up to the individual.

-TheGhoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)


I just think our species needs to grow up and mature.



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
You want a nuclear holocaust?

Look at pictures of Hiroshima. Look at how disfigured and deformed survivors are. Imagine all the innocent children dead.


Boo Hoo.....All for the greater Good...
Think of all the beautiful children/new life that will be, unfortunate for us in the here and now...just the times we live in......we fix the problem or we kill the planet.....



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
You want a nuclear holocaust?

Look at pictures of Hiroshima. Look at how disfigured and deformed survivors are. Imagine all the innocent children dead.


Boo Hoo.....All for the greater Good...
Think of all the beautiful children/new life that will be, unfortunate for us in the here and now...just the times we live in......we fix the problem or we kill the planet.....


You're either extremely stupid, pig ignorant or a troll.

I'm going for all three.



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
You want a nuclear holocaust?

Look at pictures of Hiroshima. Look at how disfigured and deformed survivors are. Imagine all the innocent children dead.


Boo Hoo.....All for the greater Good...
Think of all the beautiful children/new life that will be, unfortunate for us in the here and now...just the times we live in......we fix the problem or we kill the planet.....


You're either extremely stupid, pig ignorant or a troll.

I'm going for all three.

Troll????....sooooo school child patter.....i would rather be all three as blind.....



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by Krono

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
You want a nuclear holocaust?

Look at pictures of Hiroshima. Look at how disfigured and deformed survivors are. Imagine all the innocent children dead.


Boo Hoo.....All for the greater Good...
Think of all the beautiful children/new life that will be, unfortunate for us in the here and now...just the times we live in......we fix the problem or we kill the planet.....


You're either extremely stupid, pig ignorant or a troll.

I'm going for all three.

Troll????....sooooo school child patter.....i would rather be all three as blind.....


Well, you surely can't be serious about the opening post....surely.



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Is it time we Started WW3.


No way.


The Way is see it, This Planet is waaay over populated and the resources are running out, Fast. we will be extinct before we will ever get to the stage of planetary exploration if we keep going the way we are going.
So is it the right time to start preparing for the inevitable....


That isn't the populations fault. People in the past lived without most of the crap we do today, are you saying slay most of the population over changing a few things? Anyway, there is enough land and resources to last us a little while yet.


I say we dig in. We build underground bunkers that can house a few thousand people in each bunker.
self sustainable for a decade or more and go for a full blown nuclear holocaust....Small scale wars would never be enough to get the population down to a manageable level, so we prepare now, we start to think more about the future of the Human race and this rock we live on and where we are going and where we will be in a million years.


And nuking the planet is thinking about the future? You do know that if we do what you think we should that most of the planet will be uninhabitable?


Sorry for the doom and gloom, but i really believe we have to have a serious look at our main problems...ie...over population and consumption of resources....


Our main problems is governments and scientists making people like you believe that these are the mains problems we are facing.


sacrifices have to be made.......are you prepared to make them...???


No, but are you willing to give your life for your cause?



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono
 


Don't bother Krono. This man doesn't know what he is advocating. Just look at the short history of his posts in his own threads. First he talks about (1) solving the resource/population problem created by man by starting WW3 to cleanse the planet. When that argument started getting scrutinized he argued that maybe only a (2) few humans should survive to keep the human race going in the long run. When that argument conflicted with his WW3 argument he (3) shifted the goal post to just eradicating humanity completely to make way for new life. A man with no real substance or argument. Just empty mindless rhetoric. This thread was over before it started.


-TheGhoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by Krono

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
You want a nuclear holocaust?

Look at pictures of Hiroshima. Look at how disfigured and deformed survivors are. Imagine all the innocent children dead.


Boo Hoo.....All for the greater Good...
Think of all the beautiful children/new life that will be, unfortunate for us in the here and now...just the times we live in......we fix the problem or we kill the planet.....


You're either extremely stupid, pig ignorant or a troll.

I'm going for all three.

Troll????....sooooo school child patter.....i would rather be all three as blind.....


Well, you surely can't be serious about the opening post....surely.


We need a fix...and quick.....suggestion on a postcard please....Love, Peace, acid and Harmony will not do.



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
We need a fix...and quick.....suggestion on a postcard please....Love, Peace, acid and Harmony will not do.


What the hell are you on about? If you want to do something for the planet and humanity, gather your wife, kids, your extended family and go jump off the Golden Gate bridge. Not only will you be saving the planet but one less sympathiser of genocide will be walking around.



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
reply to post by Krono
 


Don't bother Krono. This man doesn't know what he is advocating. Just look at the short history of his posts in his own threads. First he talks about (1) solving the resource/population problem created by man by starting WW3 to cleanse the planet. When that argument started getting scrutinized he argued that maybe only a (2) few humans should survive to keep the human race going in the long run. When that argument conflicted with his WW3 argument he (3) shifted the goal post to just eradicating humanity completely to make way for new life. A man with no real substance or argument. Just empty mindless rhetoric. This thread was over before it started.


-TheGhoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)


You're 100% right! Star for you good sir!



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
reply to post by Krono
 


Don't bother Krono. This man doesn't know what he is advocating. Just look at the short history of his posts in his own threads. First he talks about (1) solving the resource/population problem created by man by starting WW3 to cleanse the planet. When that argument started getting scrutinized he argued that maybe only a (2) few humans should survive to keep the human race going in the long run. When that argument conflicted with his WW3 argument he (3) shifted the goal post to just eradicating humanity completely to make way for new life. A man with no real substance or argument. Just empty mindless rhetoric. This thread was over before it started.


-TheGhoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

To Blindly go where all men have gone before.....Keep it up....i at least have a solution to the survival of this planet...maybe not Man, but at least the survival of the Planet...what's your's???....endless consumption until we are robbing our neighbours for a tin of beans or a Gallon of fuel...that's the way it's headed....as i've said Bigger picture.



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Is it time we Started WW3.


No, from what 1 read in your thread there are alternative solutions and all that is required is a Global educating process that would teach everyone how important it is to take care of EA*RTH and its inhabitants who share it AND TO RESPECT EACH OTHER THE GOLDEN RULE* . This would educate the war zones so that ignorance cannot grow for decades in the consciousness from youth to adult to the point where death upon others seen daily and done daily be some of them is taken as the NORM
This in turn causes for rebellion to grow deep within the hearts in some who eventually grow to be dictators / leaders who then cause constant reverse effects on the genetics of man in various ways and in as 1 calls them DARK areas of EA*RTH areas where the most evol things can go on and there SEEMS to be no real feeling of hope. So in these areas what ferments stews and spills into regions that are more Lite with laws and governances. And this causes a orosboros type effect on the entire globe.

So basically wanting to do the things OP as you mentioned in relation to population control ect. many would basically be preparing to constrict upon themselves.......head tail orosboros a WW3 with a shoot-duck and run and hide type agenda will leave many innocent children and adults of many races and religions lost and left in a lawless world built up on these laws that went below and left them???

So what type of Karma would you personally think could or would be associated with thinking that you and your family if that's even the case are worthy to lock the doors on those left outside. I guess out there in the I AM LEGEND world many are left. (how would they feel if that was the case and some survived with the undergrounds-they would speak of this forever in stories their descendants would not appreciate those who finally came above.. but hypothetically may or may not of been thought of.

1 has questioned not saying I do, but if I did have a way to evade the issue(S) or Woes here would I even for it doesn't feel right. I know some will say that's the new age hippy talk but really how can I look @ my children and say you deserved better then them out there knowing again there are kids and innocent adults left to deal with chemical flare on EA*RTH above ground. Anyway on topic its not a good Idea, there has to be a better way to teach to respect the land and Flora/Fauna that many feed from and develop as a whole. But then 1 is speaking unity and many fear and shun that.

So have faith OP


NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
My plan is that we attempt to (1) keep civilization stable (that means fewer Wars, silly bear) long enough to find a technological innovations capable enough to allow humanity to continue living as long as it can without destroying the rest of the planet and the rest of life. (2) Failing that, we should simply just try to survive as long and as peaceful as we can without causing irreversible damage to the planet.

Now, why is this better than starting WW3? Perhaps, because WW3 will likely end in nuclear strikes, which is more likely to totally destroy the planet's biosphere than our consumption habits.

As for finding solutions. You need to stop trying to find solutions and just let things be as they are. Life comes and goes.Besides, I'm sure planet Earth isn't the only rock in this Universe with life. You think by trying to end things, here and now, you have forethought, but that isn't forethought. That is just being controlling. Let it go man, time and life will march on with or without the hand of War. Let it go and let live (or not live). The Big Picture, remember?

-The Ghoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
My plan is that we attempt to (1) keep civilization stable (that means, fewer Wars, silly bear) long enough to find a technological innovations capable enough to allow humanity to continue living as long as it can without destroying the rest of the planet and the rest of life. (2) Failing that, we should simply just try to survive as long and as peaceful as we can without causing irreversible damage to the planet.

Now, why is this better than starting WW3? Perhaps, because WW3 will likely end in nuclear strikes, which is more likely to totally destroy the planet's biosphere than our consumption habits.

As for finding solutions. You need to stop trying to find solutions and just let things be as they are. Life comes and goes.Besides, I'm sure planet Earth isn't the only rock in this Universe with life. You think by trying to end things, here and now, you have forethought, but that isn't forethought. That is just being controlling. Let it go man, time and life will march on with or without the hand of War. Let it go and let live (or not live). The Big Picture, remember?

-The Ghoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)


Not very often you see people talking sense on this site.



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


I'm not saying my family or i would survive this apocalypse or in any way we would be more deserving than others....not that i would want them to anyway....it would be hell on earth......all i'm saying is if a major catastrophe is what it takes for this world to survive for another billion years then so be it.....we/us/humans are just custodians of this planet, and we are really bad at the job in hand. something has to give.



posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13
 


I'm not saying my family or i would survive this apocalypse or in any way we would be more deserving than others....not that i would want them to anyway....it would be hell on earth......all i'm saying is if a major catastrophe is what it takes for this world to survive for another billion years then so be it.....we/us/humans are just custodians of this planet, and we are really bad at the job in hand. something has to give.


We are not custodians, this is our planet, as it is a spiders planet, a gorillas planet, an elephants planet etc.





new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join