It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we just go for it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Despite all nonsense some are trying to make us believe,the Earth is really big enough to host even double the present population...And if we all be thankful of what we already have,find alternative ways to produce energy and be respectful to the earth and it's inhabitants,then there will be no need for wars or any "population reduction" of any sort...This very selfish thought has been planted carefully in our minds by the Elites for some times now...But I doubt it will ever catch on...Believe it or not,there are still a lot of sane people living on this earth.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

.... made a ass of this planet

As you have already read...I am against your idea of starting WW3.

However the above statement...I really feel...does not apply to this planet; but elsewhere.

Where...???

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapur

Despite all nonsense some are trying to make us believe,the Earth is really big enough to host even double the present population...And if we all be thankful of what we already have,find alternative ways to produce energy and be respectful to the earth and it's inhabitants,then there will be no need for wars or any "population reduction" of any sort...This very selfish thought has been planted carefully in our minds by the Elites for some times now...But I doubt it will ever catch on...Believe it or not,there are still a lot of sane people living on this earth.

Well could you please tell me where we go from here because i cant see a way out, when we spend more on War in a week that we spend to help poverty in a decade we really are in the S**t....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It all depends on us .You,me and the rest...We all have a power to say NO if we really want to.You might think that it will go nowhere,but believe me a lot of previous attempts of this kinds have been eliminated by the power of people in various countries throughout the history....You can't prevent a child from a wrong doing unless you constantly and firmly say NO.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
What I saw on the main page was sort of funny so I clicked this thread, as it said the title and under it "ww3"

Then I read your thread and realized you are a very selfish person. What makes you think that you deserve to live in the place of the many people who have not sullied their bodies and souls with selfishness.

And for anyone who thinks like this I say: The earth is not yours, nor will you inherit it by taking it with violence.

"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." MT 5:5

I think taking from this planet without one thought for the consequences is the most selfish thing we can ever do...tell me, do YOU think about where your Consumables come from day in day out....I do. I understand the True Cost, not the bottom $ line, but the true cost of what we are doing to this planet...and it needs to stop...BTW,,,the Meek will inherit Nothing....They will sit back and watch the evil rule and bury them......fact!!
edit on 14-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

Right you are it is a fact.

But the reason why the meek submit, and the Truth which the evil ignore, is that the Just will rise.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" MT 6:25-27
edit on 14-1-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

link   

Is it time we Started WW3.

The Way is see it, This Planet is waaay over populated and the resources are running out, Fast. we will be extinct before we will ever get to the stage of planetary exploration if we keep going the way we are going.
So is it the right time to start preparing for the inevitable....

I say we dig in. We build underground bunkers that can house a few thousand people in each bunker.
self sustainable for a decade or more and go for a full blown nuclear holocaust....Small scale wars would never be enough to get the population down to a manageable level, so we prepare now, we start to think more about the future of the Human race and this rock we live on and where we are going and where we will be in a million years.

Sorry for the doom and gloom, but i really believe we have to have a serious look at our main problems...ie...over population and consumption of resources....

sacrifices have to be made.......are you prepared to make them...???

Here is what I want you to do. I want you to research the horrors on the battlefield of WW1, the Korean War, and Vietnam. Then, when you are done researching the pure inhumanity, terror, violence and destruction that these three wars (out the many other Wars), please reflect on whether we as species should "just go for it". Because I would love to hear it. I think you need some more reflection, sir.

-The Ghoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

link   
Your answer to humanities problems is we cause a nuclear holocaust destroying all we've built so far?

Your understanding of whats wrong is flawed and your solution is a blueprint of pure human evil. We do not have an overpopulation problem. This is a myth. We have a political economic organisation problem. We have a resource mis-allocation problem.

This mainly due to us still being bound into localised cultures and politics. As the world integrates more and more, homogenises more and more, these problems will ease.

We are in a dangerous age but on the cusp of potential greatness. We will engineer ourselves a future if somebody like you doesn't get in the way to destroy us with his lack of vision.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster

Here is what I want you to do. I want you to research the horrors on the battlefield of WW1, the Korean War, and Vietnam. Then, when you are done researching the pure inhumanity, terror, violence and destruction that these three wars (out the many other Wars), please reflect on whether we as species should "just go for it". Because I would love to hear it. I think you need some more reflection, sir.

-The Ghoster

Small fry wars....Jesus, the Spanish flu killed more people than all three combined....we need a real war...one that we will never forget..ever

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

-The Ghoster

Small fry wars....Jesus, the Spanish flu killed more people than all three combined....we need a real war...one that we will never forget..ever

I think you're missing the point of my reply. My point was more ethical and empathetic in nature to the people who would be involved in such a hypothetical tragedy.

-TheGhoster

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So what if I give you a pony and a sword then you can go on and kill as many cats as you can?..Well dogs too what the heck.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

-The Ghoster

I think you're missing the point of my reply. My point was more ethical and empathetic in nature to the people who would be involved in such a hypothetical tragedy.

-TheGhoster

Empathy is for the weak.....The Bigger Picture man...The End game is what is more important....as it stand now we are alone in this Universe, we must make sure we keep going Regardless of guilt

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

-The Ghoster

-TheGhoster

Empathy is for the weak.....The Bigger Picture man...The End game is what is more important....as it stand now we are alone in this Universe, we must make sure we keep going Regardless of guilt

Actually, empathy is one of the many foundations of civilization. Without empathy you don't have cooperation and without cooperation you don't have collective society to form civilization. Without civilization you won't be going to any "End Game" in this Universe or any other. Get a grip...besides the End Game won't be up to humans anyway, it will be up to the whims and laws of physics of Reality....with or without your particular brand of deranged megalomania.

-TheGhoster

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe someone would really advocate starting a third world war. The total lack of empathy that is required to call for the deaths of billions of people is scary. The failure to realise just what a third world war would involve shows a certain lack of critical thinking skills. I don't think the solution to the worlds problems is to destroy it, it's a crazy proposition.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Obviously the population propaganda is working on you if you believe that crap...

Considering there is still so much planet left we haven't even touched or the amount of food we throw out every day...

No, human greed is the reason you want to blow crap up..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

-The Ghoster

-TheGhoster

Actually, empathy is one of the many foundations of civilization. Without empathy you don't have cooperation and without cooperation you don't have collective society to form civilization. Without civilization you won't be going to any "End Game" in this Universe or any other. Get a grip...besides the End Game won't be up to humans anyway, it will be up to the whims and laws of physics of Reality....with or without your particular brand of deranged megalomania.

-TheGhoster

Dream on......reality check required....Civilization....what's so Civilized about man....
Man has been beasting man since we first walked the face of this earth...lets not get all dreamy about this.....we will continue to kill no matter what...the question is on what scale.....??

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yeah, I said empathy was one of the foundations. I didn't say it was the only foundation. War, is indeed one of the other foundations, but there is a reason we try to actively avoid war when we can---because the cost to people is high. Yeah, it is human nature...but it isn't the ONLY aspect of human nature. The other part of us is empathy and connection with other people. And your a damn fool if you don't see that. War will come, your right, but why rush it? Why actively try to cause another persons life to be miserable? Don't you give a damn whether your friends or partner or whatever you have (if anyone) gets killed or hurt or maimed?

You know what. Even if your population resource problem theory is true. And trust me, your theory has legs to stand on. There are other ways to go about it other than war. Surely, you're intelligent enough to realize that, right?

-TheGhoster

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Is it time we Started WW3.

The Way is see it, This Planet is waaay over populated and the resources are running out, Fast. we will be extinct before we will ever get to the stage of planetary exploration if we keep going the way we are going.
So is it the right time to start preparing for the inevitable....

I say we dig in. We build underground bunkers that can house a few thousand people in each bunker.
self sustainable for a decade or more and go for a full blown nuclear holocaust....Small scale wars would never be enough to get the population down to a manageable level, so we prepare now, we start to think more about the future of the Human race and this rock we live on and where we are going and where we will be in a million years.

Sorry for the doom and gloom, but i really believe we have to have a serious look at our main problems...ie...over population and consumption of resources....

sacrifices have to be made.......are you prepared to make them...???

Out of all the thousands and thousands of ridiculous posts, this has GOT TO BE in the top 10.

Just WOW!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster Don't you give a damn whether your friends or partner or whatever you have (if anyone) gets killed or hurt or maimed?

No, why would i when what i propose is for the greater good......we are here but for the blink of an eye as we have been here but for the blink of an eye and in that blink we have basically destroyed a whole Planet with our greed....

we must be stopped for the sake of our species....we are corrupt, we are sick and we need healing..

I look around me and i see Consumers with no conscious thoughts of their own, they are just like locusts devouring all before them....we must be stopped or at the very least slowed down to a level that we can sustain.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster Don't you give a damn whether your friends or partner or whatever you have (if anyone) gets killed or hurt or maimed?

No, why would i when what i propose is for the greater good......we are here but for the blink of an eye as we have been here but for the blink of an eye and in that blink we have basically destroyed a whole Planet with our greed....

we must be stopped for the sake of our species....we are corrupt, we are sick and we need healing..

I look around me and i see Consumers with no conscious thoughts of their own, they are just like locusts devouring all before them....we must be stopped or at the very least slowed down to a level that we can sustain.

We can restore this once beautiful planet called Earth with peaceful method.

A world wide peaceful revolution. Make parties all around the globe, (bar North Korea, China cause it will never happen) run by civilians councils. Or everybody protest, stop working, stop buying goods (only essentials).

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Fine, then implement a one-child policy, or raise taxes on people have children, or make having kids more expensive and costly. At least try a peaceful route than the one you are advocating.

Hell, even without the empathy argument ( which clearly you have not interest in hearing) how would starting WW3 which would no doubt include nuclear weapons help man survive into the future. You would literally destroy the biosphere for centuries to come. I don't care how many underground bunkers you build...there would be nothing waiting for the survivors of this war at the sol called "End Game". There will literally be no more game to play. Your plan is not only lacks empathy it doesn't even make practical or logistical sense.

Guess what? Your not some grand chess master who coolly and intelligently thinks about the "Big Picture" for mankind, while the rest of us are just foolish beasts. Your just a short-sighted psycho

-TheGhoster

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join