It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief Kehoe Compares Dynamite To Guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Actually mate, all I did was voice my opinion and was told in return that I wasn't entitled to it because I'm a "foreigner". What an absolute bloody disgrace that is.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.
You don't have any say in what laws are passed, unless of course, you come visit and vote in our next election. They don't check ID's in most states, so aliens can usually vote.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
so aliens can usually vote.

Gotta love how Americans refer to people from other countries as "aliens". It goes to show, really, what they think of the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
so aliens can usually vote.

Gotta love how Americans refer to people from other countries as "aliens". It goes to show, really, what they think of the rest of the world.

Why do you have to be like that?
I meant nothing wrong in my post. 'Aliens' is a word that Americans use to denote that someone isn't a citizen of our country. It is not a derogotory term.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Mate, I have been hounded, harassed, insulted, mocked and outright lied about for 2 days now here on ATS for daring to have an opinion on the gun control issue. I think I am entitled to be just a little annoyed...don't you?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Mate, I have been hounded, harassed, insulted, mocked and outright lied about for 2 days now here on ATS for daring to have an opinion on the gun control issue. I think I am entitled to be just a little annoyed...don't you?
Be annoyed, by all means, but i certainly meant no harm in my use of the word 'alien'.

Anyway, I thought you Aussies were a little more thick skinned. Maybe take a bit more of a fun attitude with it, just to keep from being annoyed. I'm certainly not out to make you feel bad. I'm sorry that it has been a bad experience for you for the last few days.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
“We do a good job of securing dynamite in our society,"

First dynamite is obsolete and very little is used in the US . it was replaced with safer blasting agents over 30 years ago. so his statement is true but very very misleading.
Just try to find a company selling dynamite for blasting on the internet

And i can make more powerful explosives from items that i can buy OTC in any town in the US without any permits or even anyone asking why i want the components.

I am a member of the Society of Explosives Engineers and have been for 40 years.
www.explosives.org...

and back when i first started blasting you could still get dynamite but today you can not even ship nitroglycerin based explosives under DOT regulations

The only nitroglycerin being made in the US today is made for its medical use as a treatment for angina.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I am not blaming you personally btw, I should have said that in my last post. And yes, Aussies are usually about as thick-skinned as is humanly possible but there is only so much we can take.

I actually started out trying to be light-hearted and nice but 2 days of what I described above has taken it's toll on me.

Anyhoo, I'll not go off-topic any further, just needed to get that off my chest.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

To add new information and to have my opinion, as I am entitled to. Are you suggesting I am not entitled to my opinion?

well, since you didn't add any new information, i responded.

as for your opinion, i never discounted it so why would you say such a thing ?
is a guilty conscious speaking on your behalf ??

i would say that your opinion is less than valid, that ok with you ?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Actually mate, all I did was voice my opinion and was told in return that I wasn't entitled to it because I'm a "foreigner". What an absolute bloody disgrace that is.

How many weeks of bashing Americans did you think "you people" (since you've now used that term a couple times yourself in this thread) would get before even average non-gun Americans got thoroughly sick of it and decided to say something back?

Personally.. I was sick of it a couple weeks ago....and if I were to bash your nation (whatever nation it is...they ALL have plenty to bash) for 4+ weeks, every day, non-stop.....how many sites would even allow me to stay, let alone tolerate it for anything like that long? If you think about it, it's been almost a month to the day... Of COURSE you have your right to your opinion on guns .....and we have our rights too. We have the right to let ya know we've HEARD the opinion now...all couple hundred times you and those like you have said it ....over and over and over and over.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You know what guys? I'm going to have to bow out, I was trying to give that hint earlier but it seems lost on some.

Don't take it as a sign of defeat, as I am sure some of you will attempt to, its more of a sign of feeling swamped by negativity that has taken its toll on me.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I know the good gun control laws have done for Australian society
reply to post by Kryties

Crime rates went up and up in Australia and they had a new crime called home invasion they never had before, after they banned guns.
You are now more likely to be a victim of a crime in Australia.

As you already know from other threads, the proof that Australia is worse off without guns.
Link one
Link two

Please stop ignoring facts, deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just not getting it are you?

Please read the post above yours. Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Just not getting it are you?

Please read the post above yours. Have a nice day.

So.. You're leaving to stop fighting with people on the thread .... but not before you've hung around to insure you get the last word on anyone who may deem a reply to be in order?

Well.. I think I get it, anyway.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I did read the post above mine, you can " bow out" all you want.
The fact is you are ignoring the facts and trying to hold your ego up high, or you like trolling.

You can ignore the truth, but please educate yourself for yourself.
Don't get hung up on ego, or this side that side bullcrap.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join