It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief Kehoe Compares Dynamite To Guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Ban guns because dynamite is locked up? whhaaaat?

Anyone can make their own dynamite, it doesn't have to come from a manufacturer so the entire premise of the article is ridiculous.

Anyone can also build their own gun.

what next? banning the materials? oh wait, we already have that....it is called a hardware store calling DHS if someone buys too much fertilizer.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by greenovni

ATS is an international website. If you don't want 'foreigners' discussing the topic then don't bring it up.

If my opinion is so offensive to you, don't read it.

Ever heard of an "outsiders" or "third party" perspective? It is often referred to when speaking of arguments where the main parties are wearing rose-coloured glasses.

There are a whole lot of people lately making the point about the international nature of the site. Of course it is...of course we know that...and it's the basis for many of us being here at the levels of time and commitment we are.

I'd note though, that while international in nature, that doesn't mean everyone just has carte blanche to tear up other nations on a whim. For instance, I'm American as many know. If I said Canada sucks.....I'd get some sideways glances. If I went on at length about WHY Canada might suck...I may make some outright foes ...and I have that right ... It's an international site, as you say. I will have done all that KNOWING I was digging myself a hole though.

By the 3rd, 4th or 10th time I make the point that Canada sucks.... I'd fully expect a Canadian to no only tell me I suck...but spend some time getting downright elaborate about how, why and just how much that would be the case.

Now....I happen to love Canada. My mom is Canadian by birth. It's a fine nation....but stands well for the example. The people most using the 'It's an international site, so deal with it' seem to be the ones most bashing the crap out of other nations and getting predictable blow back from it. Soo..... We all kinda deal with the fruits of our labors...eh?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Kryties

Are you worried for the sake of the people that will die if our laws are not changed?
I'm curious.

I am looking for yes or no as an answer.

That is one reason yes, aren't you? Or do you, as other gun advocates seem to, view future gun deaths as being collateral damage?

What I know is this - since we tightened our gun laws, requiring strict licensing, Australia has not seen a single mass murder. Alongside that our gun-related deaths fell by over half. The facts speak for themselves.

You are taking facts from Australian society and imposing them on American society. That is disingenuous, at best, to pure propaganda, at worst. I am not speaking for the person you replied to. However, in a way, yes. "Firearm" deaths in the USA can be seen as collateral damage. The price of freedom is blood. Apparently you find that concept nauseating. Get over it. As others have said before me you have no base upon which to decry American ownership of firearms. Of course, you can have your opinions and you can post them. Ultimately, they are meaningless. You are not an American. Furthermore, no amount of comfort brought to you by your countries firearm laws is relevant to us across the ocean.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by My_Reality
reply to post by Kryties

However, in a way, yes. "Firearm" deaths in the USA can be seen as collateral damage. The price of freedom is blood. Apparently you find that concept nauseating. Get over it.

Finally, one of you admits that it doesn't matter how many people or children die as long as you get to keep your guns. At least you're honest, I'll give you points for that.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Alongside that our gun-related deaths fell by over half.
did they now ?
you might want to confer with your own history ... www.gunsandcrime.org...

The facts speak for themselves.
yes, they do, no matter how many ways they're twisted.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

Amazing how the right to bear arms is upheld so strongly yet the right to free speech, including opinion, is so strongly fought against, including in this thread.
hyperbole much ??
what are you going on about ?

there isn't a single poster suggesting your tongue be removed.
what is your point ?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

When your civil war is over with, and half your people are dead and the other half covered in blood and your country is in ruins I wonder if then you'll think it was worth it?

hmmmm, our civil war has been over for rougly 150yrs ... have you been sleeping or what ?
btw, we didn't lose 1/2 the population then, either.

what makes you think we would now ??
a whole bunch more than 1/2 are capable and willing to defend themselves ... what makes you think they would fail ?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Sorry to burst your little bubble but:

www.smh.com.au...

Australians own as many guns now as they did at the time of the Port Arthur massacre, despite more than 1 million firearms being handed in and destroyed, new research reveals.

A University of Sydney study has shown there has been a steady increase in guns imported into the country over the past decade, with the number of privately owned guns now at the same level as 1996.

Estimates suggest there were 3.2 million firearms in Australia at the time of the Tasmanian tragedy, in which 35 people were killed and 23 injured.

Philip Alpers, an adjunct associate professor at the university's school of public health, said only time would tell what impact the restocking would have.

''Australia's public health effort to reduce the risk of gun violence led the world,'' he said. ''After melting down a million guns, the risk of an Australian dying by gunshot fell by more than half. Plus, we've seen no mass shootings in 16 years,'' Professor Alpers said.

He said that because of law changes, the new guns were not military-style semi-automatics, which were banned and surrendered after Port Arthur, and that handguns were now harder to import into Australia. But he said: ''It only takes one bullet, and the great majority of gun deaths are domestics and suicides.''

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

That link is from THIS YEAR, as opposed to your 2009 article.

edit on 15/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Kryties

hmmmm, our civil war has been over for rougly 150yrs ... have you been sleeping or what ?
btw, we didn't lose 1/2 the population then, either.

Are you really that dense that you can't see the I was CLEARLY referring to an UPCOMING civil war, not one that has previously happened? Really, you can't be that dense can you - unless of course you are deliberately misconstruing what I said in order to support your argument.

edit on 15/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

hyperbole much ??
what are you going on about ?

there isn't a single poster suggesting your tongue be removed.
what is your point ?

Go and read through every gun thread on ATS at the moment and you will find NUMEROUS examples where Americans try to silence 'foreigners' and other opinions that don't wholeheartedly agree with their own.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

what bubble ??
it was your supposition proven wrong, not mine.

your link is disingenuous and incomplete.
try again.

hmmmmm, opinion piece propaganda, that's all.
can you offer any updated facts from the BCS ??
no ?? then your propaganda piece is just that and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

what bubble ??
it was your supposition proven wrong, not mine.

I don't know where you get "proven wrong" from when, in fact, it is the complete opposite.

your link is disingenuous and incomplete.
try again.

Try clicking on it, this magical thing happens where it takes you to the source page

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

what upcoming civil war ??
do you have some inside information that no American has ?

why do you think that the Federal Goverment intends on invading the several states ??
where do you get your information?

if not erroneously from the previous one, then where are you getting your "1/2 the population would die" statement ?
it wasn't true then and it wouldn't likely prove true today.

my, my, it does seem that you openly admit your tactics.
well done.

so, which of the posters are clamoring or championing for the removal of your tongue ??
(you know, your right to 'free speech')
please, be specific.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

sooooo, this is your excuse for continued bad behavior ??
cause everyone else is doing it ... sounds pretty juvenile to me.

either way, "silencing the opposition" is easy ... always has been.
close ears/mind and walk away ... it's not that difficult.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

what upcoming civil war ??
do you have some inside information that no American has ?

why do you think that the Federal Goverment intends on invading the several states ??
where do you get your information?

if not erroneously from the previous one, then where are you getting your "1/2 the population would die" statement ?
it wasn't true then and it wouldn't likely prove true today.

my, my, it does seem that you openly admit your tactics.
well done.

so, which of the posters are clamoring or championing for the removal of your tongue ??
(you know, your right to 'free speech')
please, be specific.

Please read the whole thread, and every other thread I have been in in the last 24 hours and you will find all your answers. I am not going to rehash the same stuff over and over again.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

i clicked it ... why i have no idea.
curiousity i suppose but that was satisified as soon as i read the byline.

after that, it loses all substance, evidence or fact and realistic viewpoints.
however, if that represents your ability to comprehend the situation, that says alot.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I am not going to rehash the same stuff over and over again

then, why are you contributing to this thread ?

oh and btw, dynamite and guns both go booooom ... is that enough ??
not so long ago, when we could go to the hardware, pick up several sticks of dynamite AND a fully-automatic Tommy gun on our way out ... life was a lot less 'threatening' ... even from across the pond.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

To add new information and to have my opinion, as I am entitled to. Are you suggesting I am not entitled to my opinion?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

Exactly, this is pure ignorance and fear mongering from Chief Kehoe.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Actually mate, all I did was voice my opinion and was told in return that I wasn't entitled to it because I'm a "foreigner". What an absolute bloody disgrace that is.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join