It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief Kehoe Compares Dynamite To Guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Chief Kehoe Compares Dynamite To Guns

www.nydailynews.com

“We do a good job of securing dynamite in our society," Kehoe said. "(Assault rifles) are another form of dynamite...I think they should ban them.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I don't know about you but I'm fairly certain that comparing dynamite to an assault rifle is one of the most insane comments I've heard so far.

And they thought conspiracy theorist were delusional...

All people want is honesty and integrity from "officials" and the MSM.

The Government is supposed to be our friend.

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
surely he means the destructive potential in a short about of time. I mean, its a bit obvious one large explosion is different to bullets flying around.

Sort of correct too i suppose; a stick of dynamite in that Aurora movie theater would have killed a large number of people just he same as the AR-15.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Government is supposed to be our employee.

This chief is an idiot.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
...and flat out bottomless ignorance like his is why simply being a Police Chief or Sheriff doesn't mean they know anything about what they speak of.

I can't recall the last time I heard of someone bonding with their Son over a hunting trip with sticks of TNT. I know I don't see 'Dynamite' sporting leagues with a 'Dynamite' sport defined and classed as an Olympic one, no less.

Ignorance is more contagious than the flu these days. Someone needs to slap a face mask on him before he infects others with such a terminal case of it.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I guess you have never heard of blast fishing, otherwise known as dynamite fishing?

Quite frankly his comparison makes a hell of lot more sense than some other comparisons I have seen gun advocates make, like cars and butter knives.
edit on 14/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No. He is being clever because he knows no one reads a damned thing... and I wish some would read before making stupid comments. Its getting ridiculously tedious these days on ATS.

The largest school massacre was actually done with dynamite.

On May 18, 1927, 38 elementary students in the Bath Consolidated Schools near Lansing were killed along with six adults when the school board treasurer ignited dynamite throughout the school and demolished much of the building.

WHAT WAS THE KILLERS NAME?? KEHOE

He was 55-year-old Andrew Kehoe, who had been defeated for the local election that spring, and was irate that his farm was not profitable and was headed for foreclosure.

www.tctimes.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

You have to give up logic when you are dealing with people that fear inanimate objects.

Or the government that doesn't like you being constitutionally armed.

edit on 14-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

There is a big difference between an inanimate object that doesn't kill and one that does.

Nice try attempting to label those of us who wish to see some sense in gun legislation as being nutters who fear inanimate objects though. Top notch effort there.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Well, you don't need to worry about our gun legislation, do you? We are speaking about America here.

You already have yours 'down under'.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I have a right to my opinion, ATS is after all an international website. If you don't want international opinion then don't talk about it on here. It's simple really.

And if you knew a damn thing about our gun laws down here you would realise how wrong you are.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I have a right to my opinion, ATS is after all an international website. If you don't want international opinion then don't talk about it on here. It's simple really.

And if you knew a damn thing about our gun laws down here you would realise how wrong you are.
Read my post, I never said that you weren't entitled to your opinion.

I told you that you need not worry about it. So feel at peace.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well lucky for you I do worry about it, so I will continue to have my opinion regardless of whether or not you like it or not.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Well lucky for you I do worry about it, so I will continue to have my opinion regardless of whether or not you like it or not.
Are you worried for the sake of the people that will die if our laws are not changed?
I'm curious.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I know the good gun control laws have done for Australian society, I don't fear sending my kids to school or walking outside without getting shot at. I would love to see America not have to deal with another mass shooting, it's a shame the gun advocates see children dying as being collateral damage.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
6 million ways to die: being shot is just one.

Mental cases will find a way to get their evil done, semi automatic large mag assault weapons is one of the easy ones, are you going to try removing the other 5,999,999 ways too? *sigh*

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

There is a big difference between an inanimate object that doesn't kill and one that does.

Nice try attempting to label those of us who wish to see some sense in gun legislation as being nutters who fear inanimate objects though. Top notch effort there.

And there you have it people!

"Nice try attempting to label those of us who wish to see some sense in gun legislation"....

I was wondering when you were going to come right out and say that you, who happens to be a foreigner, want to see guns legislated in America.

1. This is NOT your country
2. You have no SAY whatsoever about our rights (which are INALIENABLE)
3. Some of our God given rights are listed in OUR Constitution and the right to ARMS is enumerated there... The US Constitution has absolutely nothing to do with you.
4. Whether US citizens have right to bear arms or not, it does not affect you in the least!

Can you imagine if I went in your house to impose my will on you and your family?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Are you worried for the sake of the people that will die if our laws are not changed?
I'm curious.

I am looking for yes or no as an answer.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Huh, the guns I've had and fired have never killed anyone... the darn things must not be working properly! Oh well, I'm still not going to hand it over just because the government says to or because someone else is afraid of it. They can recognize my rights, but they do not grant them to me.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

ATS is an international website. If you don't want 'foreigners' discussing the topic then don't bring it up.

If my opinion is so offensive to you, don't read it.

Ever heard of an "outsiders" or "third party" perspective? It is often referred to when speaking of arguments where the main parties are wearing rose-coloured glasses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join