It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Has Tentative Deal on Gun Control: AP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
NY Has Tentative Deal on Gun Control: AP

Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have a tentative deal to enact the nation's first gun control measure following last month's Connecticut school shooting, according to people familiar with the negotiations, further tightening gun laws in a state that already has among the nation's strictest.
The tentative agreement would further restrict New York's ban on assault weapons and limit the size of magazines to seven bullets, rather than the current 10.

And the collectivists attempt to mock pro liberty types when we bring up the 'slippery slope' about gun control.

Now 10 bullets in a mag is just unacceptable. It needs to be limited to 7. Yes, that'll do it. That's all you 'need'. No mass killings will be possible now... /sarcasm

Pathetic.

edit on 2013/1/14 by mal1970 because: clarification as to sarcastic nature of my commentary

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mal1970

Lol, think that will stop the scumbags????
Bad guy one: hey, they said we can only have 7 rounds in the mag
Bad guy two: so what? *loads 30 rounds in his high cap mag*
edit on 1/14/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Dunno about you but that sounds like " Infringement " to me.....

I guess a whole bunch of firearms will magically get stolen over the week.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Finally, a magic bullet to solve all our problems!

7 Bullets! Genius! Why didny anyone think of this before?
Why not restrict it to flintlock old timey pistols? Then all crime will go away!
Good Job Cuomo!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
3 bullet difference wont stop anything, people will just buy another magazine.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mal1970

What is everyone expecting from a Progressive Liberal?

This has been on their radar for some time now. They are just following the principles of Cloward-Piven, Alinsky and any other Progressive BS that have been pushed.

Why anyone that wants liberty and freedom still lives in places like NY, NJ or CA is crazy.

Not surprised, not one bit.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Cuomo probably owns a factory that manufactures and sells 7 round magazines.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I wonder if all privet security firms operating in NY are going to be willing to comply with the new rule.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What a bastard..... 7 rounds eh? So it will do NOTHING WHATSOEVER to actually change a thing. 7 rounds? 10 rounds? Yeah, as the victim in a mass shooting, watching Gomer the Gunner swap 7rd mags, that extra 3 rounds he doesn't have each run won't make ME feel any better, I'll say!

What this WILL do is require a complete and total re-tooling of the firearm manufacturer's lines on magazine production. If that's the ONLY change for these, then just magazine modification to plug it should work. Of course, he'll throw something else in the fine print to change the whole layout of the Magazine lock/hold open points too though.

And this nonsense will save WHO again..from what? We know HE's bucking for higher office though, don't we??

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
These 7-10 round mags capacity is a joke. You unscrew the bottom, or drill out the rivet, remove the block and presto, you have a 30 round mag again….

So dumb! this stupid law will not stop the bad people from using 30rd mags. It take 3-5 mins to take apart the mag and make a 30rd again.

edit on 14-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Cuomo probably owns a factory that manufactures and sells 7 round magazines.

Actually, he will likely want a piece of the 30-round magazine sales. They suddenly became more expensive.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yep that will solve everything:

As stated magazine modifications are easy.

Takes the same amount of time to load 7 round magazine as it does a 10 round as it does a 30 round switching magazines can be done in a matter of seconds.

ETA: we have all heard the magazine capacity argument before as in a millionaire or billionaire doesn't need all that money.

The gun owner doesn't need all those bullets.
edit on 14-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The magazine issue makes people who have little knowledge of fire arm usage feel better.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The gun owner doesn't need all those bullets.

That your opinion?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Having read the article that is mentioned and what is written and posted, the following can be stated:

Obviously the legislature of NY is out of touch with relaity and what can be done.

While they sit and debate, decide to limit and think about putting restrictions on people and what they can and can not do, they fail to see the flaw in their plan. The first flaw is that criminals do not follow the laws of the land, hence the word criminal.

While they may decide to restrict and put a ban on said weapons, and magazines, what is to stop someone from either going outside of the state and purchasing a weapon/magazine to their satisfaction or learning the skills to do such?

Modifying weapons or items is a skill that some have, it is possible with the correct equipment that such can be made. Any sportsman or hunter can tell you that they sell the equipment through magazines, and other media to purchase and buy, and ultimately sell. Hunters and sportsmen have been making their own rounds for years, and it would not be too hard to imagine a criminal element deciding to create and make their own weapons. Zip guns have been around for a long time, made from everyday items, along with home made silencers.

So what is to stop the criminal element from making and selling these in areas where there are high gun control laws, and ultimately creating a black market for such, or to stop someone from leaving and bringing such back from states that do not have such tight controls on such?

What comes to mind is a city in the US, more specifically Texas, the city of Texarkana. You see this city is divided between 2 states, the Texas side of the city is dry, the Arkansas side is wet, and there is nothing to stop the people who live on the Texas side from simply walking across the street to get alcohol, or go drinking at a bar.

Nor does it address or even consider the what if scenerio if say a fast and furious operation was done in the USA with such weapons, then what? The government has been known to and ultimately carry out such operations in other countries, it would be feasible that such could be done here.

It seems like the government is acting more and more in a reactionary function and the only people getting more smarter are the criminals.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Not my opinion what the anti gun/magaziine crowd says my comment shows how it spills over to other conversations in the political world.

I am pro second.

New York says : people dont need to drink all that soda, they say people don't need all that salt, they say moms dont need to breast feed their kids all that milk, those evil rich don't need all that money,gun owners don't need magazines that hold all those rounds, they don't need guns that fire all those rounds. etc.

The surface is gun/magazine capacity debate, but it is so much more.
edit on 14-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Again, this legislation does NOT stop the criminal element from causing havoc, it prevents the law abiding folk from defending themselves

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just wait until Cuomo decides it is too greedy to use more than 2-3 squares of toilet paper per trip to the restroom. Bet we hear some rebellious talk from all the big city liberals then!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Just wait till they tell you that you can't smoke outside, or smoke in your car or own home....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by littled16

Just wait till they tell you that you can't smoke outside, or smoke in your car or own home....

I assume you knew about this and were just making a sarcastic joke, right? I mean, I'd hate to think you'd first learn it already had gone this far ..this way:

New York's smoking ban extended to parks and beaches

The extension of the New York smoke-free air act is Mayor Michael Bloomberg's biggest clampdown on smoking since he banned the habit from restaurants and bars in 2002. It forms the latest step in an ever lengthening litany of health measures that most New Yorkers have approved, though some have decried as turning their beloved city into a nanny state.
(Dated May 2011)

(It covers 1,700 park spaces and 14 miles of beaches. Smoke if ya got 'em? Not in NYC apparently.)

You gotta hand it to Bloomers... When you're worth over 20 billion, you really get into the mindset of a God Complex..and he's nearly perfected it. He knows best for all on everything. What a swell fella....and just re-elected too. I'm sorry New York. I feel for you. At least the source of our misery doesn't live in the same city with us. He's in Washington.

*BTW ... Does New York control Albany or does Albany control New York? Or does it matter on who is in office at a given time there?

edit on 14-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join