It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FukuFlu/Fallout Fluenza/Radiation Rainouts Target North America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I was in the mushroom caves in France last October. A certain type of mushroom grows well when stimulated with electricity. They were using a bug zapper timed to stimulate the mushrooms growth. My yard was loaded with all kinds of mushrooms last fall in September and October in South Carolina. It was odd.... the first time in 8 eight years of living here mushrooms were in the grass and in the woods. It was weird. The black mildew is growing wildly on the outside of the house, more so than normal. I spend alot of time trying to scrub it off with bleach.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

At least he's calling anything to attention. How else we going to get any info since the subject is in total media blackout...

There is no way of knowing either way because of that. They are monitoring radiation all over the country from towers in cities (my local info on that is zilch) and helicopters. You already know that though. Maybe you can find the results of those helicopter surveys for us and "un - monger the fear"?

In the interest of disseminating information about health "anomalies"...

Thyroid cysts in Japanese children...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I will only write this post in this thread:

Have you been to Japan? Have you conduct your own measurements?

I lived in Japan the last year. I lived in Tokyo and Osaka. I conducted measurements... they all were in a normal range. No higher radiation than in Munich (Germany). Sorry folks please stop this fearmongering.

And now start bashing me like in all other radiation threads I have commented when I still was in Japan. Call me disinformation agent or whatever. I can just say what I measured and I would be glad if somebody would pay me for this info

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
All of us are bathed every second of every day with minute doses of ionizing radiation.

Life has evolved alongside these conditions, and we have developed biological mechanisms to deal with spikes of radiation, though there are limitations.

What is shown in some of the pictures in the OP is what may happen when the body is no longer able to cope. This is in areas surrounding Fukushima, but not anywhere close to North America.

There is a theory called hormesis, and a subset called radiation hormesis which posits that a dose of ionizing radiation above background levels may actually decrease the risk of cancer. It seems the ability for the body to adapt depends on the differential between the current background level, and the new level one is exposed to. Another factor would be the rate of increase, which would battle the rate of adaptation the body can handle via hormesis.

This is an ongoing experiment. Although the OP seems to wish to spread awareness, the angle taken is clearly sensationalist and dare I say even fear-mongering. We don't know what a small bump in radiation will actually be doing for us here in North America. It could even depend on genetic variation as to if an individual will overall be at an increased, or decreased risk for developing cancer.

What is well known to break down the bodies ability to properly defend itself, is chronic stress. Worrying about something which is out of your control is unwise, so learn and worry to the extent that you change a few lifestyle choices to help your chances of not receiving cancer, but please move on and live your life to the fullest.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have a theory about the flu outbreak. Maybe it's just the flu...
I have a question. Why is this radiation leak any worse than chernobyl? That was over twenty years ago any Europe is still not glowing. The Russians are still having problems locally but not wide reaching.
And don't forget the thousand plus nuclear weapons that have been detonated around the globe. Those things were bound to distribute more fall out than the Japanese reactors. Yes I know about the different types of fuels used and different radiations released. Sorry but I'm just not buying radiation poisoning from Japan. Nope just the flu...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

I lived in Japan the last year. I lived in Tokyo and Osaka. I conducted measurements... they all were in a normal range.

Not bashing... just asking for those results? You must have data on the sampling... location, weather, (raining?), what kind of equipment, at ground level or... from what potential source? Rain gutter down spouts or... video of any detector reading helps a lot.

It would help to know these things instead of "12 bells and all is well".

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
All of us are bathed every second of every day with minute doses of ionizing radiation.

i·on·iz·ing ra·di·a·tion
Noun
Radiation consisting of particles, X-rays, or gamma rays with sufficient energy to cause ionization in the medium through which it passes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Big difference between that and "non" - ionizing radiation.

Radiowaves, microwaves, infrared light, and visible light are normally considered non-ionizing radiation...

One sets of geiger counters and the other doesn't.

Both sources penetrate us on some level like you say. However...

Life has evolved alongside these conditions, and we have developed biological mechanisms to deal with spikes of radiation, though there are limitations.

Thats like saying that the human body has adapted to machine gun bullets. Light speed "bullets". They are called "rays" because they travel speed of light. When struck by these x-rays or gamma rays a living cell is as destroyed as if hit by a bullet. Some cells survive and may mutate the next time they divide which gives rise to cancer.

There is no Low or "safe" dose as it only takes one magic bullet to begin the chain of cancer. The body may cast off this cell and many more, it depends on the amount of Radioactive Contamination present in the environment or inside the body. Certain radioactive elements like Cesium look like food to cells and they readily absorb them. There the little x-ray machine emits ionizing radiation into its surroundings over its decay life. That is not a "small dose", it is continuous in that regard.

What is shown in some of the pictures in the OP is what may happen when the body is no longer able to cope. This is in areas surrounding Fukushima, but not anywhere close to North America.

These Radio Nuclides are born in water, on the wind and in the bodies of fish, birds and mammals across the globe. They remain active far from the source (the reactors).

There is a theory called hormesis, and a subset called radiation hormesis which posits that a dose of ionizing radiation above background levels may actually decrease the risk of cancer.

Thats Bulltheory. But often touted. Understanding how "Ionizing radiation" behaves undermines this disinfo argument. See my comment above about machine gun bullets. And I refer to a post I made from another thread yesterday...

Edit : www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-1-2013 by intrptr because: Sorry, forgot to add link

Love your Avatar by the way... "1.7 GiGAWATTS!!?"
edit on 15-1-2013 by intrptr because: just had to.

edit on 15-1-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

i·on·iz·ing ra·di·a·tion
Noun
Radiation consisting of particles, X-rays, or gamma rays with sufficient energy to cause ionization in the medium through which it passes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Big difference between that and "non" - ionizing radiation.

Agreed. My statement holds true.

One sets of geiger counters and the other doesn't.

You do realize that there is a sensitivity threshold, and if you keep one on long enough it will be "set off" no matter where you are on this planet, correct? Again, my statement holds true.

Both sources penetrate us on some level like you say. However...

Thats like saying that the human body has adapted to machine gun bullets. Light speed "bullets". They are called "rays" because they travel speed of light. When struck by these x-rays or gamma rays a living cell is as destroyed as if hit by a bullet. Some cells survive and may mutate the next time they divide which gives rise to cancer.

No, it's not. I mention that there is a rate at which we can adapt, or not. You're reasoning has major holes in it.

There is no Low or "safe" dose as it only takes one magic bullet to begin the chain of cancer. The body may cast off this cell and many more, it depends on the amount of Radioactive Contamination present in the environment or inside the body. Certain radioactive elements like Cesium look like food to cells and they readily absorb them. There the little x-ray machine emits ionizing radiation into its surroundings over its decay life. That is not a "small dose", it is continuous in that regard.

You seem to be unaware of the bodies DNA repair mechanisms. While it may only take "one magic bullet" as you put it, it can also take many, many "bullets" before it gets through. What you're saying is akin to "it only takes one misstep to fall in the shower and bang your head and die". Showers are not safe. Must fear taking steps, and walking.

Thats Bulltheory. But often touted. Understanding how "Ionizing radiation" behaves undermines this disinfo argument. See my comment above about machine gun bullets. And I refer to a post I made from another thread yesterday...

You seem to truly believe this, however the evidence does not support your belief.

Low doses in the mGy range cause a dual effect on cellular DNA. One is a relatively low probability of DNA damage per energy deposition event and increases in proportion to the dose. At background exposures this damage to DNA is orders of magnitude lower than that from endogenous sources, such as reactive oxygen species. The other effect at comparable doses is adaptive protection against DNA damage from many, mainly endogenous, sources, depending on cell type, species and metabolism. Adaptive protection causes DNA damage prevention and repair and immune stimulation. It develops with a delay of hours, may last for days to months, decreases steadily at doses above about 100 mGy to 200 mGy and is not observed any more after acute exposures of more than about 500 mGy. Radiation-induced apoptosis and terminal cell differentiation also occur at higher doses and add to protection by reducing genomic instability and the number of mutated cells in tissues. At low doses reduction of damage from endogenous sources by adaptive protection maybe equal to or outweigh radiogenic damage induction. Thus, the linear-no-threshold (LNT) hypothesis for cancer risk is scientifically unfounded and appears to be invalid in favour of a threshold or hormesis. This is consistent with data both from animal studies and human epidemiological observations on low-dose induced cancer. The LNT hypothesis should be abandoned and be replaced by a hypothesis that is scientifically justified and causes less unreasonable fear and unnecessary expenditure.

Abstract

Radiation Hormesis: The demise of a Legitimage Hypothesis
edit on 15-1-2013 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

You seem to be unaware of the bodies DNA repair mechanisms. While it may only take "one magic bullet" as you put it, it can also take many, many "bullets" before it gets through.

Gets "thru what"? How many decay events occur from a particle of Plutonium (239) in 24,000 years? If that is in your bones or connective tissues, there is your "many, many". And that is one tiny atom.

Get the difference. Radiation from an external source such as one single X-ray passes through you and has a low probability of impacting anything. Thats one click on a geiger counter. A single "Radio Nuclide" of radioactive contamination ingested into the body sits there emitting Gamma, Alpha and Beta particles like a mini x-ray machine that can't be turned off. There is no "defense" against that except to remove it from your body.

Every "decay event" from then on from that one particle is a speed of light "bullet" that affects surrounding tissue.

edit on 15-1-2013 by intrptr because: clarify, spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonybotzo
so, the radiation is hitting california, yet the flu "outbreak" began on the east coast?

I'm in Cali....and i feel just fine.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

We don't live for 24,000 years, thus an illogical argument.

As for the "no defense" argument, please see the above links. We most certainly have multiple defense mechanisms. Need proof, check out the species near Chernobyl which are flourishing, or read the many studies which back my claims.

Also, fear bananas!

You are likely to take in plutonium from the air and into lungs. You will then likely cough it out or swallow it.

You absorb very little plutonium. It leaves mostly through feces. What is absorbed will likely be removed slowly over several years through the urine.

Link

BTW, yessir/ma'am, that's the doc in action.

I'm actually getting a new avatar created by a kind member, atm.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by intrptr

We don't live for 24,000 years, thus an illogical argument.

It only takes 48 hours for the damage to be done.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Damage which can be mitigated by multiple organic processes. Apoptosis, DNA repair, a heightened immune system.... seriously, you don't seem too interested in looking at the studies which prove hormesis is a reality.

A poison only exists in dose, not chemical structure.

A potential poison can be a stimulus for body repair mechanisms to be up regulated which more than offset it's needs due to the chemical substance ingested.

This holds true for radioactive particles in the body.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoosierdaddy71
I have a theory about the flu outbreak. Maybe it's just the flu...
I have a question. Why is this radiation leak any worse than chernobyl? That was over twenty years ago any Europe is still not glowing. The Russians are still having problems locally but not wide reaching.
And don't forget the thousand plus nuclear weapons that have been detonated around the globe. Those things were bound to distribute more fall out than the Japanese reactors. Yes I know about the different types of fuels used and different radiations released. Sorry but I'm just not buying radiation poisoning from Japan. Nope just the flu...

It probably is just the flu as you say.

The difference between Chernobyl (which is still ongoing - but better contained) is that no efforts are being made to contain the contamination (radioactive and chemical).

As to 'Europe no Glowing': France declared, at the time of the incident, that no fallout fell on her. That the wine region got no radioactive or chemical fallout from the accident when in fact all models showed considerable contaimination of the country. They just stuck their heads in the sand and denied it - as the Japanese are doing today. That denial allows hundreds, thousands of radioactive and chemically contaiminated water to flow into ground water and the ocean. The reactors are still exposed to air - emiting who knows what to circle the globe. That is the difference.

I'm, personally not so worried about direct radiation effects (live in California) as I am the chemical posioning of our crop land on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

A poison only exists in dose, not chemical structure.

A potential poison can be a stimulus for body repair mechanisms to be up regulated which more than offset it's needs due to the chemical substance ingested.

This holds true for radioactive particles in the body.

My short answer to that is no it isn't. Radioactivity and chemical reaction are two entirely different things.
I have to go for now.

Radioactivity is not a poison by any interpretation. Those that promote that are either misinformed or spreading misinformation.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The Irony

Acute Radiation Syndrome, aka Radiaton Poisoning

Would you like to offer an apology for continuing to call me misinformed, when it seems you are the one who is?

I'll accept a bunch of bananas as a token of good intent.

Not scuurred.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
Wow, Good read.
I am really nervous now. Should people be stocking up on the Potassium Iodide pills?

At our house, we eat sheets of Nori as our salty snack instead of "potato" chips....we havent gotten any flus and we refuse vaccines here as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
reply to post by thorfourwinds

a compilation of pics from google does not equal a story.

if you want to wave your arms around and talk about disasters, ok. but dont lie.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

Big fat star for you! I didn't see anything in the OP except a bunch of strangely put together pictures, and conjecture with no science, or even logic, linking Fukushima radiation to the influenza outbreak.

10x more rampant flu? If you would have told me it was going to be an H3N2 strain as the predominant strain, I would have predicted similar numbers. A weak, long-lasting strain, prone to spread very well, but without .a high prevalence of serious illness and death. Compared to last year's extremely low rate of infection, yes, it's 10x more rampant. Not because of radiation (at least, nobody has shown it to be, and there is zero evidence to support such claims.). I apologize if this is in the skunkworks forum, I didn't look. That is where it blongs though. 100% conjecture with no basis in any known science - at least some observed radiation numbers would be nice to give the theory some degree of merit.

As it stands, we can just as easily say "the high flu-like illness infection rate this year is caused by a sitting president being re-elected in a year in which three or more rookie quarterbacks start NFL playoff games, and the digits of the year add up to 6."

ETA: actually, that is a bad analogy, because there is evidence the POtUS was re-elected, rookie QBs started playoff games, and the year ends in 6, unlike measureable Fuku radiation levels spreading throughout the world, which does not have evidence.
edit on 1/15/2013 by dogstar23 because: analogy bad

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
Wow, Good read.
I am really nervous now. Should people be stocking up on the Potassium Iodide pills?

At our house, we eat sheets of Nori as our salty snack instead of "potato" chips....we havent gotten any flus and we refuse vaccines here as well.

I had to google nori.... it is seaweed (for others wondering what this is) en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I seem to have an immunity to this flu for whatever reason. I've been spending a lot of time, even sharing cigarettes and cups (smart idea right?) with people who have it, and so far, nothing. Well, knock on wood right.
Soon the flu will develop into full blow zombism and I will have to hunt zombies with my 91/30 mosin nagant and trusty canine companion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join