Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What's This in my photo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I took this photo several years ago while visiting my relatives house. It was built in the early 1800's and has a bit of a past. Apparently, the owner locked his daughter in the attic (in a room they use for storage) and he cut down the trees in the back yard when he decided that the trees were "evil".

[/URL]

I distorted the faces on purpose but didn't touch the dark mass that seems to be in the upper left corner of the image. I've stayed over night in the house on multiple occasions and have NEVER felt anything bad in the house. Maybe sensed "something" but like I said, it wasn't bad.
I have many "Orb" pictures captured in the same room. The "Orbs" only show up when we are all together for the holidays. I've taken pictures when we were up there during off-holidays, and no orbs. This could be explained by saying, more people in the room during holidays, = more opportunity to kick up dust particles (I kind of get this so I'm not going bother posting obs) with the exception of one picture I took of my mother-in-law a fews years back. She was sitting in the room and had a huge orb over her chest. At the time of the picture, she was NOT doing well. Her heart was giving out. She has since had a surgery on her heart and is doing great! Who knows....

Anyway. What do you think?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Please could we see a bigger picture

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Looks like your thumb, or a shadow from part of the camera itself, like a lens cap or strap being held too close to the lens.

Hard to know for sure with such a small picture.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InitiumArietis

agreed, I think we need to see a bigger picture. Maybe some of the other "photos" you've taken as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

I quickly resized it but it has lost some quality I think.

Maybe a shadow of your thumb or finger near the lense? Other than that i'm not sure...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
In the element the picture is a thumbnail, you need to get the original picture and copy the URL from that site.
edit on 14-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

u should get your parent's consent before posting on this forum.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
reply to post by SilentE

What you going on about? I simply resized the OPs picture...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'll try to repost.

I've taken pictures for years, with proper technique. It's NOT my finger, thumb, camera strap, cigarette smoke, smudge, bug or bird.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

Thank you
or I get the feeling this thread may come to a quick end

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is from Photobucket.

Maybe it's a beeter resolution

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by SilentE

I swear! Mom said it was OK! F* Dad!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE

reply to post by SilentE

What you going on about? I simply resized the OPs picture...

sorry my error

You should get your parents' consent before posting on this forum.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That's a better pic than my attempt at resizing.

Looking at that, it doesn't look like a shadow of your thumb or anything. I honestly don't know what you've captured there. Hopefully someone with more experience will pop in and shed some light on this.
I have a few of pictures of orbs somewhere. They only show up in my brothers presence though... He seems to attract the paranormal attention.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

I kind of agree with the majority, that orbs are not paranormal, but I have too noticed that I really only see the "dust particles" during family gatherings. Again, more people around, more dust can get put up into the surrounding area. The picture of the orb on my mother-in-laws chest is weird though. I'll try to find that one.

edit on 14-1-2013 by wrkn4livn because: SPelling fix

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Looking at the part of the stairs above the hand rail, some paint looks as if it has been scraped away. Redecorating or as a result of something else. My initial thoughts are that it could be dampness showing up on the wall paper. But there is also a light source in the top left hand corner, that may be responsible for causing shadowing across the hand rail and onto the wall. Can't make my mind up

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The light source in the top left does actually look flesh-toned. It could actually be a finger, or thumb getting in the way of something, and causing darkening around it due to not refraction, but the other one... where light is disrupted and bends around the disruption. Mind is blanking now.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
reply to post by SilentE

I kind of agree with the majority, that orbs are not paranormal, but I have too noticed that I really only see the "dust particles" during family gatherings. Again, more people around, more dust can get put up into the surrounding area. The picture of the orb on my mother-in-laws chest is weird though. I'll try to find that one.

edit on 14-1-2013 by wrkn4livn because: SPelling fix

I just googled orbs and I can see your point now about the dust particles.
It looks a lot like the orbs that appeared in the pictures of my brother so I think that mystery is solved now.

This may sound silly but was your mother-in-law sneezing or anything before you took the one of the orb above her chest? Only, I just saw on wikipedia (I know...wikipedia) that the orb artifact can occur with water droplets too.
The thought hit me and figured i'll ask.

Sorry for going off topic there. I'll leave the rest of your thread to the people who know more.
Hope you get it solved.

edit on 14/1/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Yeah, NP.. No, no coughing or sneezing. And it's real BIG! Cover's her whole chest area (could be explained by being closer to the camera lens). I guess there are "reasonable" explanations for everything. After all, without them, we wouldn't have defense attorneys, only prosecutors.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
The light source in the top left does actually look flesh-toned. It could actually be a finger, or thumb getting in the way of something, and causing darkening around it due to not refraction, but the other one... where light is disrupted and bends around the disruption. Mind is blanking now.

I just know that's its really hard to take a picture using a SLR camera with one's thumb on the lens. I don't even know how you could do that. But thanks for weighing in! I don't think there's a good answer for this photo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join