It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't believe they hate him this much...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Bush voted best movie villain

LONDON - Readers of a British magazine have rated President Bush the year�s top screen villain, for his appearance in Michael Moore�s documentary �Fahrenheit 9/11.�

Bush beat out a shortlist of fictional film bad guys, including the nefarious Doctor Octopus, played by Alfred Molina, in �Spider-Man 2�; cannibalistic Leatherface in �The Texas Chainsaw Massacre�; Andy Serkis� creepy Gollum from �The Lord of the Rings� trilogy; and the eyepatch-wearing assassin played by Daryl Hannah in �Kill Bill: Vol. 2.�

www.msnbc.msn.com...

President Bush 67%

Doctor Octopus 4%

Leatherface 7%

Gollum 9%

The Bride in 'Kill Bill' 5%

Other 8%

[edit on 27-10-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
statistics are abit shocking seeing its so demostrates anti-bush opinion

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wierd Doctor Octopus still gets so many votes.
The guy was actualy quite nice and did his evil deeds to be able to finish his lifes work of creating a free, clean and abundant energy source(something worth a few lives imho) and sacrificed his life in the end, when he saw that his invention malfuntioned and was about to destroy the entire planet.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Not surprising, really.

Bush has behaved as though he had a mandate from his God (and perhaps he did) but he sure didn't have a mandate from anyone else.

At the time he attacked, the UN (and most of the other countries of the world) were saying that Iraq had no WMDs. And, you'll recall, it had no WMDs. This made Bush's actions unprovoked and seemed to remind folks of the worst of the empire-building days.

Remember all the demonstrations across the world (and here in America) over his actions?

Bush refuses to sign the Kyoto treaty at a time when the rest of the world is very concerned over environmental issues. This didn't put him on anyone's "favorite president" list.

He forgets Osama and goes after Saddam, destabilizing the region.

The rest of the world is well aware of the cost in human lives of this war and blames Bush for triggering it.

And to add to that, Bush believes he's hearing the voice of God sanctioning the moves. The rest of the world and a lot of the rest of the US doesn't hear God saying the same thing. They hear something else.

It'd be bad enough if he was just your average corporate head, but he's the leader of a large country, and that's very disturbing.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I thought Uma's character was the bride in Kill Bill???

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In respecting your valid observations and points Bryd, my only contention is look at the choices.....
Lets be for real here, k?
And all coming from MSNBC, anti-Bush at that?

Yeah, the outcome of this poll is definitely not surprising at all, given the choices to be had....

seekerof

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The thing with villains for people with a sense of justice is that they need to be put on trial and punished.

Much of the civilized world is unlikely to be righteously "happy" until Bush and his cronies are imprisoned.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What's so far-fetched with picturing Bush as a villain? Many believe he uses the US like his own little corporation to earn money. Also commiting US troops to a "war on terrorism" against the wrong terrorists is just plain wrong. This is why the US needs so much money for defense where it can be used for so many other things if people didn't hate us so much.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey! Gollum wasn't a villain.
He was a victim.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Uma Thurman (the bride) in Kill Bill wasn't a villain, she was just seeking revenge for having her life destroyed by her so called friends. Well that's how I saw her, I wouldve thought it was obvious that the people she was killing in Vol. 1 and 2 were the villains..

- Attero

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Bush with 60% more than letherface....I love the British sometimes.

Of course he is the greatest villan in this list, the stuff he does is effecting every single one of us! Kerry aint no superhero though guys.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Bush voted best movie villain

LONDON - Readers of a British magazine have rated President Bush the year�s top screen villain, for his appearance in Michael Moore�s documentary �Fahrenheit 9/11.�

Bush beat out a shortlist of fictional film bad guys, including the nefarious Doctor Octopus, played by Alfred Molina, in �Spider-Man 2�; cannibalistic Leatherface in �The Texas Chainsaw Massacre�; Andy Serkis� creepy Gollum from �The Lord of the Rings� trilogy; and the eyepatch-wearing assassin played by Daryl Hannah in �Kill Bill: Vol. 2.�

www.msnbc.msn.com...

President Bush 67%

Doctor Octopus 4%

Leatherface 7%

Gollum 9%

The Bride in 'Kill Bill' 5%

Other 8%

[edit on 27-10-2004 by elevatedone]

I have a hard time doing anything but laugh .... BRITS ... LMAO .... hahahah hahahah hahaha hahaha hahaha hahahah ahhaha hahahah hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahah hahaha ahha Britains ...

Britains are so funny almost like little small towns around Texas were I grew up. EVERYONE GETS IN EVERYONS FUCING BUSINESS. There is a ocean between us yet you still must talk about are president. That's good ... I am glad to know I have a president that has you guys shaking in your boots .... hahah ... YOU GOT MY VOTE GWB ... Keep these mother F***** shakin in thier boots lol ... You are the worst criminal in years GB ... LoL ... so funny .. all crap talkers ... LoL ... Well let me tell ya alittle abotu Ole' George Dubya lol .... =-) ... He is a TEXAN ... What else can you hate him for ....

You know if we put something out over here about ANY OTHER PRESIDENT in the whole world it woudl get torn to shreds by people.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Kerry aint no superhero though guys.

Kerry could easily be Thor's Don Blake or Spidey's Peter Parker or The Hulk's Bruce Banner.

If he was on the side of good and niceness rather than being the most despised man on the planet, Bush could not even be an effective sidekick.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Doc Oct kicks ass, Spiderman should have been taken to by Doc Oct like a Catholic Preist takes it to an Alter Boy.

Anyways, the world agrees, Bush will kill us all. No one except for Saudi Arabia supports Bush. Sad, the 6.2 billion people can't be wrong, can they?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
[Bush could not even be an effective sidekick.

I can't think of any superhero or sidekick as comparitively illiterate as Bush. He would always get the catch phrase wrong! And anyways, if Bush were a superhero, he would get attacked by an enemy and go attack someone else instead. It just wouldn't work.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Bush has behaved as though he had a mandate from his God (and perhaps he did) but he sure didn't have a mandate from anyone else.

When you have a direct mandate from God, you don't need any other mandates.

When good men do nothing, evil will prevail. President Bush, being a good man, decided to not let evil prevail.

Besides, tell me of one good and honest man and I will pray that God spares the Earth from destruction.

It can't happen, therefore prophecy must be fulfilled. The way things are, is the way they're suppose to be! I didn't say it. God did.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
now I can't believe this thread has turned into, movie villian talk ..

and how bad a villian President Bush would be in a movie...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
He forgets Osama and goes after Saddam, destabilizing the region.

Byrd,
With all due respect,
the MIddle East hasn't been a stable region for over 2000 years

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Saying "the way things are are they way they're supposed to be, I can't change it," is a eloquent way of saying there's no point, you should just give up, and relaying all of your self-inflicted problems onto "God's plan."

It's also a good way out of supplying an opinion.

Whose to say Bush had a mandate from God? What if I have a mandate form God to unleash my stupify-rays onto Dubya, would that be OK?

Oh wait...looks like somebody beat me to it!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Wierd Doctor Octopus still gets so many votes.
The guy was actualy quite nice and did his evil deeds to be able to finish his lifes work of creating a free, clean and abundant energy source(something worth a few lives imho) and sacrificed his life in the end, when he saw that his invention malfuntioned and was about to destroy the entire planet.

Thanks for spoiling it two days before the DVD comes in...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join