It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aaron Swartz really hang himself or was he a " USA kill list" victim?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Aaron Swartz was almost certainly killed. I dont buy the argument that a high profile will save you when you become a threat. From what i can gather Swartz was more than a computer wizkid and had the ability, brains and beliefs to scared his killers so much that they couldn't let him live.
Guerilla open access manifesto
wikipedia page

its sad

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
There's not that many on the "kill list", it's maybe 150 long, you have to be put on there by the NSC and or the president. There's actually two lists, although they may be the same one, the DCIA gets one and Dr Carter gets the other.

Some JSTOR pirate isn't going to be on the list. The amount of time and money in compiling and prosecuting that thing are enormous.

Swartz just didn't want to be someone's ... ahem ... entertainment.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

There's not that many on the "kill list", it's maybe 150 long, you have to be put on there by the NSC and or the president. There's actually two lists, although they may be the same one, the DCIA gets one and Dr Carter gets the other. Some JSTOR pirate isn't going to be on the list. The amount of time and money in compiling and prosecuting that thing are enormous. Swartz just didn't want to be someone's ... ahem ... entertainment.
reply to post by Bedlam

would you provide some material to help me understand this "kill list" please. You obviously feel quite confident in your knowledge.
Would you also please explain what you mean by saying; "Swartz just didn't want to be someone's ... ahem ... entertainment."

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
A dead man switch needs to be standard operating procedure. I want you all to think about something. What would happen in a week or two weeks or 40 days after he's gone, if a video was automatically uploaded to the internet with him in it stating that the video was a dead man switch in the event something happened to him, and that he would never commit suicide? It would blow the whole thing wide open. It would be incredibly damaging for the elite. The media would try to ignore it but the internet youth would not, and we don't need corporate media any more.

I think he was clever enough to have a contingency plan. But maybe it was suicide, who knows? If anyone thinks they may be halfway relevant, get a back up plan. They can still rig up car accidents, and chemically induced heart attacks, but a dead man switch can at least throw a curve ball to the forced suicides.
edit on 18-1-2013 by blargg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blargg
A dead man switch needs to be standard operating procedure. I want you all to think about something. What would happen in a week or two weeks or 40 days after he's gone, if a video was automatically uploaded to the internet with him in it stating that the video was a dead man switch in the event something happened to him, and that he would never commit suicide? It would blow the whole thing wide open. It would be incredibly damaging for the elite. The media would try to ignore it but the internet youth would not, and we don't need corporate media any more.

I think he was clever enough to have a contingency plan. But maybe it was suicide, who knows? If anyone thinks they may be halfway relevant, get a back up plan. They can still rig up car accidents, and chemically induced heart attacks, but a dead man switch can at least throw a curve ball to the forced suicides.
edit on 18-1-2013 by blargg because: (no reason given)

If it was not suicide then he probably did not believe that he was important enough to attract this much attention from TPTB.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

I think someone majorly did not want him walking into a court room and talking.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thee is actually a very good conversation going on in the breaking news forum about this. I have linked a compilation of all the info being released.

Lots of pdfs and such. Good material to keep in mind.

Aaron Swartz, internet freedom activist, dies aged 26
edit on 18-1-2013 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by w3thepatient

would you provide some material to help me understand this "kill list" please. You obviously feel quite confident in your knowledge.

Isn't that the one you're talking about? The NSC's kill list, that's sometimes attributed to the NDAA?

I thought everyone knew how that worked.

Seriously, there's a long dance involved in getting on and off of it. It involves the President, the Justice Department, the AG, the NSC, the JCS and the Agency, there are meetings, lunches, memoes, power points, and a big meeting where you get nominated to it. You don't do that on the cheap. Then you go on either the Agency's list, or the JCS's list, or both. I don't know anyone on the Agency side, so I don't know if the lists are identical. They could be. But on the JCS list there's maybe 150 people, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Once you go on the list, then the department receiving the list has to decide how to prioritize resources to the guys. If you're a fairly easy target, it might be worth getting you even if you're down the priority list - the ones on the top generally take a lot of time. And personnel, and equipment. To get a couple of first tier A teams on site from Dr Carter's side of things, and to provide field support B teams and lower level support personnel costs millions per day. You don't do that for some JSTOR pirate shmuck. Not to mention the AG frowns on doing Americans at all, much less in country. Last I heard there were maybe 6 out of 150 that had been US citizens although they were ex-pats.

Would you also please explain what you mean by saying; "Swartz just didn't want to be someone's ... ahem ... entertainment."

Prison. "you got a purty mouth". Bubba the molester. Banjo music.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

thanks for the explanation... i think?
I did do some further reading on the "kill list" but as you pointed out there seems to be more than one kill list.
Also i got the feeling that although Swartz was seemingly a good guy he may have agreed to do things which later messed with him. In any case the more info i find the messier it gets. I dont think i'll get beyond speculation on this one.
Shame to lose a mind with that potential in either case.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
At least he didn't slit his wrists and throat and shoot him self twice in the head on the opposite side (of his dominant hand) before he hanged himself.

edit on 29-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by w3thepatient
reply to post by Bedlam

thanks for the explanation... i think?

I know some guys way down the tree on Dr Carter's side of things. But not the Agency side, so I get sort of a rough idea about how the thing goes but not details and nothing about the Agency's list.

I would suppose they split it up so that the more sensitively political kills go to the SAD teams, the more military ones to Carter. Then the Agency guys sit around and talk about it and philosophize, do a lot of recon and no one on their list dies except by natural causes.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hi guys, it's been exactly 1 year.

So, has an investigation found anything yet??

He criticized/exposed Obama's kill list, then allegedly killed himself.

When will justice be served?!

<< 1   >>

join