It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aaron Swartz really hang himself or was he a " USA kill list" victim?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So how many people believe that Aaron Swartz really committed suicide?

Prominent American blogger and computer prodigy Aaron Swartz, who spoke against US President Barack Obama’s “kill list” and cyber attacks against Iran, has been found dead in New York.

Last year, Swartz openly criticized the US and the Israeli regime for launching joint cyber attacks against Iran. The blogger was also vocal in criticizing Obama’s so-called kill list and other policies.

Well it looks like he was somewhat outspoken against the govt huh? Still think suicide?

Swartz was also widely credited for co-authoring the specifications for the Web feed format RSS 1.0 (Rich Site Summary) which he worked on at age 14. RSS is designed to deliver content from sites that change constantly, such as news pages, to users. Swartz was critical of monopoly of information by corporate cartels and believed that information should be shared and available for the benefit of society. “Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves,” he wrote in an online “manifesto” in 2008.

Uh oh he also probably managed to make some enemies in the corporate world as well. Yea it was just suicide right?

Based on that belief, the computer prodigy founded the nonprofit group DemandProgress. The group launched a successful campaign to block a 2011 bill that the US House of Representatives called the Stop Online Piracy Act. Had it been approved, the bill would have allowed court orders to restrain access to some websites considered to be involved in illegal sharing of intellectual property. DemandProgress argued that the thwarted Stop Online Piracy Act would have broadly authorized the US government to censor and restrict legitimate Web communication.

It was probably suicide right? I doubt it .......How many are now thinking he was taken out? Yea me too.....

Source........

rinf.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i listened to a friend of his for years on TV, talk about the depression this guy had to fight against...aaron swartz wrote about it and talked about it to friends and family....to say he was on a "kill list" is absurd.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
High profile people like that are actually safest, as odd as it sounds.

There comes a point where the Glenn Beck's Alex Jones's and people like this are SO high profile that harming them will build their cause to new levels, not hurt it. Creating martyrs is the last thing TPTB ever want to do. In that way, little guys like us have a lot more to worry about in stumbling on something truly important without the visibility to have many to care about foul play, IMO.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

However, they could have done a smear campaign against them though like they are accused of being pedophiles or having an affair

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

That would assume the guy had very high level things. Even Julian Assange has yet to rise to the level of open assassination being worth it..and we KNOW he has stuff to make them curl their toes. A whole encrypted ..maddeningly locked up...mocking..err.. Sorry, I digress.

Point being, to be killed in such a way..within the U.S. borders no less...that would basically end careers if not have the potential to bring down a Government if it went badly enough? He'd basically have needed the goods on who killed Kennedy with a notarized confession, IMO. Insanely high risk to kill deliberately, yet fairly easy to understand given a public history of profound depression.

Sounds like a tragedy more than conspiracy. I could be wrong though.... Something to keep half an ear cocked for, at least.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Point being, to be killed in such a way..within the U.S. borders no less...that would basically end careers if not have the potential to bring down a Government if it went badly enough? He'd basically have needed the goods on who killed Kennedy with a notarized confession, IMO.

Yeah...because our government would NEVER kill its own citizens.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Kill them so foolishly and high profile ....for little to no good reason?

No... I don't believe they do, actually. There is evil and then there is dumb happening. This would be Dumb in Neon as a "Black Op" ....if we want to get all cloaky daggery in intrigue plots.

Err.... or just a guy well known to be depressed and proving for all, that money, power and position does nothing to bring happiness in lives where the lack of it wasn't the problem causing grief to begin with. Who knows......... Like so many tragic suicides, it's hard to ever be 100% certain what they were thinking. (sigh)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I listened to Chris Hayes detailing Swartz's battle with depression during his last few years, very sad.

That said, the family absolutely holds the government complicit to some degree in Swartz's suicide due to his being harrased and the target of a Federal indictment that was fairly specious.

www.cnn.com...

Swartz's family and partner recalled his "commitment to social justice," and called his death "the product of a criminal justice system rife with intimidation and prosecutorial overreach." They criticized U.S. prosecutors for seeking "an exceptionally harsh array of charges (for) an alleged crime that had no victims," and MIT because it did not "stand up for Aaron."

"Decisions made by officials in the Massachusetts U.S. Attorney's office and at MIT contributed to his death," they said.

The official statement:

Aaron’s death is not simply a personal tragedy. It is the product of a criminal justice system rife with intimidation and prosecutorial overreach. Decisions made by officials in the Massachusetts US Attorney’s office and at MIT contributed to his death. The US Attorney’s office pursued an exceptionally harsh array of charges, carrying potentially over 30 years in prison, to punish an alleged crime that had no victims. Meanwhile, unlike JSTOR, MIT refused to stand up for Aaron and its own community’s most cherished principles.

arstechnica.com...

www.wired.com...

So yeah, you could say he was a targeted victim...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
He was a thorn in the side of the Agenda Makers that want to control the Internet. He was a rabid activist about it and smarter than them.

Was he killed? I don't know. But, there are more ways to cause death than by killing someone outright. (Breitbart comes to mind.)

Here are some questions to ponder though:

~WHY WHY WHY do antidepressants have as side effects 'suicidal tendencies' and/or 'homicidal thoughts'?

~WHAT antidepressants might he have been given and by whom?

~Has the component in antidepressants that causeS suicidal and homicidal thoughts been isolated? Are clinical trials being conducted and/or experiments being done with this component?

edit on 14-1-2013 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There are many more suspicious deaths that surround Obama.

www.nachumlist.com...

Is being discussed here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

+1000
That's one heck of a list........

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think the fact that his attorney had a second plea offer denied by the US attorney probably had the most to do with his decision to commit suicide. Facing a very long prison sentence by someone who had already admitted to suffering from depression was most likely what pushed him over the edge.

Swartz's lawyer, Elliot Peters, made the second of two attempts at striking a plea deal with Assistant U.S. Attorney Stephen Heymann as recently as last Wednesday, according to a Monday report from the Wall Street Journal. Peters told the Journal that no compromise was reached, as Heymann stuck to the government's earlier position: Swartz would have to plead guilty to every charge and face at least some time behind bars.

Link

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I wonder if the NDAA has anything to do with that list. Coincidence just isn't a word that comes to mind for me.

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim
I wonder if the NDAA has anything to do with that list. Coincidence just isn't a word that comes to mind for me.

Pladuim

It's funny you bring NDAA up regarding this. In my research yesterday about cyber security issues, something about hackers and internet freedom activists being listed as domestic terrorists jumped out at me. Wish I had marked the article now.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
another person who speaks out against the government is dead, and its a suicide. hmmmm have we seen this before?
oh and he was on depression meds before in his life so he must of committed suicide lol

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

You mean this?

______beforeitsnews/conspiracy-theories/2013/01/steve-quayle-the-red-list-is-on-2447636.html

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012
reply to post by queenofswords

You mean this?

______beforeitsnews/conspiracy-theories/2013/01/steve-quayle-the-red-list-is-on-2447636.html

Interesting article. I wasn't on BIN yesterday, so evidently more than just conspiracy sites are talking about this. NDAA's wording should be a cause of concern for every citizen. In government Acts that contain tens of thousands of words, a few strategically placed words here and there can make all the difference!!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Anonymous hacks MIT after Aaron Swartz's suicide

news.cnet.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
double post....sorry
edit on 14-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Is (faked) hanging the new way to create fake suicides? I think of the nurse involved in the Royal couples hospital "dj prank"...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join