It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad relocated family to ship off Syria coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Assad relocated family to ship off Syria coast

www.jpost.com

A Saudi newspaper reported Monday that embattled Syrian President Bashar Assad has moved his family from Damascus to a ship in the Mediterranean, as his regime continues to fight opposition forces determined to unseat him.

Citing "intelligence sources", Al Watan's website claims that Assad has "lost confidence" in his personal security detail, and is being ferried to the Syrian capital by helicopter solely for official functions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm surprised he lasted this long in his Palace. (Most likely in a bunker 10 stories deep. Not knowing if NATO will be flying over head or not).

I'll be dollars to donuts that he is on a Russian ship, not a Syria one.

The move, should it be confirmed, raises the question of whether Assad is planning an escape route for himself and his family should he lose his battle to remain in power.

What would that do for international relations if he does defect to Russia and is given immunity?

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Given what the animals he's fighting do to those they capture alive? I don't blame him. I hope he gets HIMSELF out at the last moment as well. I may not care for him personally and I REALLY hated Gadaffi on any personal level....but no man deserves to die like he did, in the street like a punk.

The people forming the FSA have no Honor. They have no humanity and Empathy is weakness if not the punch line to a joke. Assad knows he's dead no matter WHAT he does ...or how far he runs. That was decided for him and long before anything he did would have changed the outcome. With the exception of using any WMD, I hope he takes as many of the scumbag terrorists WITH him as possible. It'll make less to fight when they turn on us in the West.

Insane.. the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Its possible he is moving his family away from the violence but as for him, if he is a man of his word he isn't going anywhere. I find it pretty hard to believe considering his recent speech and all. Sounds like Saudi propaganda... Ironic this information is coming from a country whos track record could be put alongside Assad if not worse.
edit on 14-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

With the exception of using any WMD, I hope he takes as many of the scumbag terrorists WITH him as possible. It'll make less to fight when they turn on us in the West.

You cannot reason with fanatics, you have to kill them. I guarantee you, when the MB is done conquering the M.E. the U.S. is on their next list. They already have Europe with the exception of the Netherlands, with Sharia law emminent. The U.S. will be next, they installed one of the MB right in Obama's administration and he knows what she is. Take a good long last look at Syria because that's our near future. They'll be beheading our people in the streets and feeding them to the dogs next.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Already reported false and the source for the rumor spreading it.

A Saudi newspaper

Enough said
As usual i am not surprised to see our ATS supporting the same Islamists that we had supported in Libya i am sadden for that.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join