It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Fool System, Time to Save our Children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

Educational system does presents its values, though. It sets a minimal standards for children knowledge.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I mentioned just 3 of the many falsehoods taught today, to be fair for those as well that do not know the correct answers to those questions I have provided them here along with the links to further your knowledge of these:

First President of the USA? Samuel Huntington, www.samuelhuntington.org...

What Country do you live in? To be able to answer this question one has to know what a Country is so for that we turn to the law dictionary and we find on page 324:

books.google.com...=onepage&q=country&f=false

COUNTRY By country is meant the state of which one is a member 2 every man's country is in general the state in which he happens to have been born though there are some exceptions.

So the correct answer is the State in which you were born, for me that would be New Jersey, though I reside in the Country of Florida.

Here you will find the facts on the so called Pledge of Allegiance.
www.pacinlaw.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

Er... we you talking to me or were you replying to somebody else.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Hi swan,

No I was responding to one of my earlier post, it just happened to show up after yours. I hope you’re enjoying the information within this very important thread and please read over the links provided as well.

Thank you for your posting today.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't have kids, but when I do. I'm certain that I'll teach them to think freely and critically about things that they are taught not only in school, but by me.

As people have mentioned, public schooling gives vital lessons in being a social creature. I'm sure that no ATSer's would allow their children to be brainwashed?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
For those of us truly interest in learning no matter what our ages I would recommend starting here: www.pacalliance.us...

Tons of articles to read over all with foot notes and links to further and deepen your understanding of a particular topic, also at my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
You will find tons of study links to help you on your journey to find truth.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

I think the answer must lie in balance. I think we must teach our children how to use logic and try to see the lies by themselves - even it implies briefly exposing them to this lie. That way they could learn to be more efficient at dealing with problems. They can start doubting and making more researches. The ultimate purpose is a being who both know what everybody knows but also can deduce his/her own theories and find logical implications.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by drmeola
For those of us truly interest in learning no matter what our ages I would recommend starting here: www.pacalliance.us...

Woah, what's that?!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

A great analogy is astronomy. For decades I learned and followed what everybody was saying in schools. But then I decided to ask myself, "what if"? And now I make alot of new, original theories about the Universe - things which people never even thought of. Both normal accepted knowledge AND alternative manners of thinking led to a more imaginative and versatile mind.
edit on 14-1-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Guess you have to click to find out, my links are only the beginning of this great and exciting journey into knowledge the rest is up to you. How far are you willing to go, how much time you put in to learning, and what you get out of your new education is totally in your hands? The path has been laid before you; all you have to do is take that first step.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

Okay...

Thanks (I guess...)

EDIT Ooh, now I get it. It's a site about independent yet correctly-functionning community formation. Great Idea!
thanks I'll definitively check into it.
edit on 14-1-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And now with the rise of those wishing to educate at home...I quickly foresee that right being taken away as well.
Can't have the cattle raising their own young.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Agreed.

They will be looked down on just like the anti-vax crowd.

It will be something like, "if you don't have faith in the public school system to teach your child, how can anyone expect you to be a responsible parent who is capable of teaching your own".

Some sort of ass-backwards idiocy as they push on the anti-vax wisemen.

Watch, being anti-public school system will be codified in the DSM as a disorder, and then it'll be looked at as a "red-flag" for being a "domestic terrorist threat".

Freaking ridiculous.
edit on 14-1-2013 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by smyleegrl

I was in one of the best districts in the nation.

They did NOT teach critical thinking at all. They taught route memorization.

The system is a sham. Sorry you bought into it.

Must be hell for you.

Nope, I love my job.

There are bad teachers, teachers who should not be teaching. No doubt about it. And lots of children do better in a more private environment.

I didn't "buy into" anything. I am vested in doing my best to teach the children under my care. Its a job I take seriously.

My motto: if the students believe everything I say, then I haven't done my job.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

My motto: if the students believe everything I say, then I haven't done my job.

Good on you

*4u

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

You make some very valid points. However, a good teacher doesn't teach from a textbook. Its there as a reference tool only. I know a lot of teachers, especially the older ones, do use the book. But in an ideal world that wouldn't be the case.

For example. My husband teaches 8th grade social studies. He brought in primary source documents about the Civil War and asked his students to use those documents (along with the research they'd done online) to write their essays. This is a very basic thing he does, he often will take main news stories and challenge the children to find the flaw in the story.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So wait, is it worth it now in days to go to college??

can anyone answer this question for me before I put myself in a tuition debt?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by AccessDenied

Agreed.

They will be looked down on just like the anti-vax crowd.

It will be something like, "if you don't have faith in the public school system to teach your child, how can anyone expect you to be a responsible parent who is capable of teaching your own".

Some sort of ass-backwards idiocy as they push on the anti-vax wisemen.

Watch, being anti-public school system will be codified in the DSM as a disorder, and then it'll be looked at as a "red-flag" for being a "domestic terrorist threat".

Freaking ridiculous.
edit on 14-1-2013 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

I FIRMLY believe it is a fundamental right of every parent to decide where and how they want their child educated; be it public school, home schooling, or charter schools.

Have you considered starting a charter school in your area?

Also, for folks who homeschool, there are a lot of options for getting together with other homeschooled students. Your local school system should be able to help you find these people.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
And now with the rise of those wishing to educate at home...I quickly foresee that right being taken away as well.
Can't have the cattle raising their own young.

isn't that what the muslim right does? teach out of only one book? cattle raising their own young, indeed.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Hi resoe26,

That is a personal choice do the research on your chosen courses of study and determines if in the end the cost of the degree will yield you a profit? Only you can answer that for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join