It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Plains home on handgun permit database burglarized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

A White Plains home that is listed on a publicized
handgun permit database was burglarized last night.
Officials say the target of the burglary was the
homeowner's gun case.

The break-in was a result of the homeowner's name and
address being published by the Journal News last
month, along with thousands of other registered gun
owners.

westchester.news12.com...

I posted this here because I felt there was hidden agendas behind the "official stance"this newspaper took on this story.

In other threads, I have posted about unintended consequences of the original news story.

The hidden agenda, in my opinion, was to attempt to arrouse aggression from legal gun owners to promote divisiveness in an ongrowing campaign to divide our country. The haves, the have nots. The reds, the blues, the race conflicts, etc.

This article directly points out the unintended consequnces if their actions.

1. Painting legal gunowners as targets for burglary as a way to obtain clean guns for crime or re-sales

2. Painting non-gun owners/unregistered homes as potential targets for easier burgary with less risk

3. Outing innocent targets of stalking/abuse/divorce/rape/child molestation hiding from predators that bought weapons for self defense

4. Targetting judges/police/prosectors/public officials by ex-convicts or others with grudges.

Do the victims of this burglary have a right to sue the newspaper? If so, on what grounds?

edit on 14-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

newyork.newsday.com...

newyork.cbslocal.com...

edit on 14-1-2013 by Libertygal because: ETA additional links

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Another liberal helping the situation. I hope the author and paper are sued out the a hole.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Another liberal helping the situation. I hope the author and paper are sued out the a hole.

I agree! I hope they sue and win so much the paper goes under!

I would be interested though, to hear ideas on what grounds. Could it be considered invasion of privacy even though the information is public? Conspiracy to provoke harm? That's a big one in my opinion. Just trying to consider some possibilities!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Im going to post the the authors home address with the info of them NOT having a gun in their home.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Adding more information gleaned from the additional links above:

There were two burglars

The homeowner is 70 years old, it is not known if he has links to law enforcement. He refused to comnent while the investigation is ongoing. Possible retired judge, cop?

The burglars did NOT get the gun safe, or any guns.

One burglar was caught.

It is under investigation as to whether the map was used for the burglary.

However, they used a ladder to go into an upstairs window. Had they used the map to case the place? Almost sounds like they had sone foreknowledge of where in the house to go.

Hm.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Im going to post the the authors home address with the info of them NOT having a gun in their home.

That's been done. Judge Jeanine even went to her door to confront her. Judge Jeanine did a segment on this. She was one of the people on the list. Oopsie.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I don't get it? I thought gun owners wanted criminals to know they had guns because they were so effective at scaring them and making them leave you alone?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I would sue the paper....even if it gets thrown out. If everyone who is burglarized because of that act of irresponsibility and recklessness by the journal, it would eventually have to pay the price for putting the public in danger.....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

would you want your name and address online in the age of fraud, and home invasions?

We are not insane, although it is easier to critique us by dehumanizing us as "Evil" crazies out to shoot bad people.

Like a woman who is trying to hide from an abusive Ex and happens to arm herself for fear of her life, would now be found by her deranged Ex and possibly hurt. People would dehumanize her because she is a gun owner and end up saying that somehow she asked for it.......

These people had the sanctity of their home violated directly because of the deranged nature of the Anti-gun crowd in publishing their names and home addresses, and all they can do is make jest.....not respect their humanity and realize they are the victims here......they asked for it you say.

Not to mention that there is now an armed criminal somewhere.....
edit on 14-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I think this is trolling, but in the rare event you may be serious, I will reply to you kindly.
Did you read the OP where I outlined the 4 main unintended consequnces of the publushing if this information?

In particular, the parts about victims of sex or domestic crimes hiding from their aggressors? What part if "hiding" doesn't compute?

Guns are not used to "scare" people. That's the media and the government's job.

Guns are conceal-carry so as to NOT provoke an attack from some Billy Bad Arse who thinks he can take you on. Guns are concealed for element of surprise, if someone wrongfully deems you a weak target and brings a knife to a gunfight, you win.

If. This was serious, which I doubt, I would perhaps suggest you rethink your opinion and seek further education.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
I would sue the paper....even if it gets thrown out. If everyone who is burglarized because of that act of irresponsibility and recklessness by the journal, it would eventually have to pay the price for putting the public in danger.....

That's a thought. Public endangerment. I wager they could get a good class action suit going on that. However, class action suits suck financially, they do send a message.

As of now, this guy is the first known lone possible target. He should lawyer up and strike fast, hard, and unrelenting. Today!

By the time class actions start rolling out, the paper will probably file bankruptcy.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
For those whom do not know it yet, NY is a state in America where the criminals have more Rights than law-abiding good folks.

And NY keeps getting worst and worst. Maybe one day all law-abiding good and decent folks will relocate down South and NY can have their criminal Utopia with Bloomberg and all the other criminal loving fools and nannies...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Are guns a deterrent, or not. Simple question.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Are guns a deterrent, or not. Simple question.

I knew it.

I don't want to play games with you, and I don't really want the thread derailed.

I will answer you simply and succinctly. It depends on where, when, how, why, and by whom they are used.

In a home setting, for self defense, to defend a home invasion, yes. Guns would be a deterrent. Advertising guns in the home would be an invitation to trouble in some circumstances. See the OP.

Circumstances outside the realm of the OP are off topic.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The content of your OP refers to a house that was burgled 2 weeks or so after a list of gun owners was made available to the public. How big was this list and how many others on it have been burgled since it was published? Obviously none, or they'd have been included with this "news" report.

If the owners of the home burgled were that out of touch with current affairs they didn't even know they were on such a list, that is their problem. If they are leaving their home vulnerable to burglars and also leaving firearms lying around easy to find, that is the community's problem.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Actually, it's far more likely they saw a target of easy opportunity. Not even stupid burglars will use a ladder to force their way into a house when there are similar points of entry on the ground floor. No, they used a ladder because a window was obviously vulnerable.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Actually, it's far more likely they saw a target of easy opportunity. Not even stupid burglars will use a ladder to force their way into a house when there are similar points of entry on the ground floor. No, they used a ladder because a window was obviously vulnerable.

In actuality, many homes with alarms don't alarm most second story windows. Burglars tend to not go for second story windows due to complications with access. If the window was shielded by trees, etc., then that is most likely why.

Alarm companies charge clients per window and door when wiring, and if the client is worried about cost, second story windows, say on the front of the house, are usually cut from the wiring list. A good idea? Depends how much visual access the front of the house has. Sometimes, high elevation windows on the side and back are treated much the same. Not many burglars bring a ladder to do business.

This is why I suspect foreknowledge of some type. Also, knowledge of the back or sides of the proprty may imply casing, more than a passing interest . I wonder if the captured burglar is going to sing?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The left will just love it when someone breaks into one of these houses listed and is shot and killed by the owner...
They will scream and cry saying, "SEE? THESE OWNERS ARE DANGEROUS!!! BAN GUNS!!!"
Jackwagons, ALL OF THEM

new topics

top topics

join