It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if there is a civil war in America?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sounds more like a fairy-tale than anything else smh!! I really wish that people would stop romanticizing about overthrowing our government. You and those like you would be branded as traitors to the US and ultimately terminated for it! Your rifles and shotguns will do nothing against our military might. Your ridiculous notion that guerilla tactics would work is a sure sign that you have limited knowledge about modern warfare and I pray that you wouldnt be one of the "resistance leaders" LMAO!! Obama has NEVER said anything even remotely suggesting that he was planning to ban all firearms so please chill the # out and go write a novel or something because you are living in a fantasy world!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

I'm sorry. I just don't believe our military will stand behind us. No offense to those here who serve and say they won't, but if we ever got to that point in the OP's scenario, I simply do not trust that our military will not follow the orders they are given.

Agreed.

A few years back, there was a police raid in Georgia where the people in the target residence were handcuffed and had hoods put over their heads. Now .... who do you reckon' was on that "team"?

This is what our troops have been brainwashed to do. It would be my guess that most of them will follow orders and most will do everything here that they have been doing overseas. House raids, disappearances, secret prisons, torture ..... and murder. The murders in prison were particularly brutal according to autopsies performed by US military doctors.

SLAVERY was the law too... LAW doesn't make it right.. Even the Majority White European FOUNDERS knew that 150 years ago... What do you think People would think now?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SkinsFan913

Obama has done nothing to indicate that he will take guns? Do you follow any news at all?

In regards to the OP, I think that the United Nations will station troops and the propaganda will brand everyone a terrorist indeed and the sad part is non-Americans will not understand this notion of gun control.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Great read OP, but the only flaw with that I see is at the beginning of the story. When you said some military servicemembers would resist killing American civilians...thats completely true, but it wont be just a small percentage that will resist. Its called the 100th monkey effect, if enough people resist than everyone else will. No one wants to be the first one to speak up even if they know the activity is wrong.

I beleive that if enough military refused to shoot their own then the rest will follow, thus causing not only civilian resistance but military and police too.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by M4truth
reply to post by SkinsFan913

Obama has done nothing to indicate that he will take guns? Do you follow any news at all?

In regards to the OP, I think that the United Nations will station troops and the propaganda will brand everyone a terrorist indeed and the sad part is non-Americans will not understand this notion of gun control.

We're obviously following different news sources. Mine are based here on planet Earth.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SKMDC1

The "join" dates and what may be implied by that is interesting and recollect reading somewhere that certain forms of communications were to purposely be used to either sway opinion and if that did not work then make ridicule of it in an effort to derail opinion not considered PC.

At this moment in time the best action by government is no action at all - that would immediately cool down discussion - however it seems hellbent on polarization with its concerted attack on the constitution.

The immorality of pushing a political agenda on the blood of children sickens me to no end - those doing so should be forever shamed and shunned.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
First time I have replied here. But I had to put something in context. For the people saying people will side with Guvment because that is 99% where their bread and butter come from, think again. By bread and butter I assume that to mean food. That comes from the Midwest, where I will bet most people are against what they see going on with Washington. I can tell you the ones that grow your food all have guns. And roots back to Germany and Russia. The stories of what Hitler and Stalin did still echo with them. So they turn away from the guvment, then people starve. It's a nasty reality. And a lot of those farmers/ranchers don't have a lot already. They definitely aren't dependent on the guvment like a large portion of people in the cities.

Their best bet for tyranny is to tax the guns, as someone else suggested. And to let this go for 20 - 30 years and once its normal for that generation to not have the ability to defend themselves, then they act.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Diggz

If the tactic is the usual then you just put foreign "advisors' in postion to get the info then when the time is right you pick up families to insure loyalty,but hostages make lousy soldiers and we would have the edge of culture and history to beat such an effort,BECAUSE WE HAVE THE WEAPONS in our hands now to do it.
If an 85 year old sniper can still shoot a 1200 meter target.I think the opposing side would have the snot scared out of it in hours. Then would come atrocities.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Sorry, but being a vet myself, I'd say that a large number of the military would not follow that order as it is an unlawful order. Also, considering we took an oath to support and defend the constitution of the united states. I don't know about you, but I don't take oaths lightly.

Sorry i really wish i could believe you on that. look at the post from Thunder heart woman with the video. It clearly states what the military have done and would do. Sure they state they dont want to do this but they still arrested 2 people that did not do anything wrong and them robbed them of there protection.

When katrina hit us. what was the first thing our government did? they did not send in choppers to help pick up people who was standing on there roof or even send in fresh water or food? NO they sent military with weapons. how many military men/women refused to go into that zone with weapons being pointed at people in need? I received a text from a friend that was in that area and stuck on his roof. he did end up not making it. But in his text that he sent me was talking about how many military choppers he seen flying around his house wile it was surrounded by water. His house ended up collapsing on itself and killing the entire family. wile the military did nothing to help.. pointing a gun at him did not help him one bit or his 2 kids. maybe if they did not have all the guns on the choppers maybe they could have room to pick him and his kids up. but he is gone now along with the 2 kids that was 8 and 6 he was 38 when this happened.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
reply to post by SKMDC1

The "join" dates and what may be implied by that is interesting and recollect reading somewhere that certain forms of communications were to purposely be used to either sway opinion and if that did not work then make ridicule of it in an effort to derail opinion not considered PC.

At this moment in time the best action by government is no action at all - that would immediately cool down discussion - however it seems hellbent on polarization with its concerted attack on the constitution.

The immorality of pushing a political agenda on the blood of children sickens me to no end - those doing so should be forever shamed and shunned.

And how is this in any way related to something I posted? And what do you mean by "join" dates. I'm confused by what you are trying to say here and even moreso why you are saying it to me.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
For those who think Americans are or would be incapable of fomenting a rebellion:

How did Americans successfully rebel the first time?

How were southerners able to secede before Lincoln was even sworn in, in the Fall of 1860?

I guess what I'm asking, is how were those two crises different, in terms of motivation? Particularly with the onset of the Civil War, when most Southern whites didn't actually own slaves.

Obviously, uprisings DO happen, even using Americans as fuel. So what is the current crisis missing, that renders rebellion a fantasy?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkinsFan913
Sounds more like a fairy-tale than anything else smh!! I really wish that people would stop romanticizing about overthrowing our government. You and those like you would be branded as traitors to the US and ultimately terminated for it! Your rifles and shotguns will do nothing against our military might. Your ridiculous notion that guerilla tactics would work is a sure sign that you have limited knowledge about modern warfare and I pray that you wouldnt be one of the "resistance leaders" LMAO!! Obama has NEVER said anything even remotely suggesting that he was planning to ban all firearms so please chill the # out and go write a novel or something because you are living in a fantasy world!

I love it. "our military might" oh would that be the same military that liberals told us walked into a quigmire in Iraq and Afghanistan? Will you have an exit strategy for this upcoming ciivl war? The average American gun owner while better fed than most ignorant goat hearders is just as eager to defend his home against an oppressive military power. Thats what we have been told for the last 10 years that the US military is really just a big bully and is oppressing the goat herders and that its no match for their skill and guerilla cause. That policing is not the job of the military and its a no win situation.
All of these cautions go out the window when we are now told that guerillas in the US have no chance. That the government can see flys poop from space and can monitor every conversation in the country at the same time and read our minds with microwaves. We are all doomed to bow before the mighty Kenyan and his military power.

I call BS on all of that. The military is just as divided as the rest of the country. If liberals want to live in a country that lines up daily to kiss the right butt cheek of Obama then let them have it. Let them form their own country made up of parts of the North East, West coast and rock on with their bad self. Those of us that want to live free will set up shop in whats left. Then we can sit back and watch how long it takes the new Progressive paradise to collapse.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It would however make top telly viewing for the rest of the world. I'm bored of Iraq, Afghan, Libya, Syria etc. Let's watch a proper bloodbath. I reckon we could have an entire channel devoted to it. Just don't bomb Disneyland! It's ace.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Since the resistance is forced out of the cities and rural areas, they fall back on forested, mountainous areas and live in caves and by campfire. Without the need for electricity, power plants around the country become primary targets to even the field and deprive the TRUE terrorists of any advantages.

The self-destruct codes of the satellites in the network are used to further even the playing field, as many of the former military are intelligence. Now that tech has been evened out more, the resistance gains a distinct advantage and tide turns for the good. When the world sees that the UNITED STATES government is at it's most vulnerable state in it's short but brilliant history, many like minded peoples from around the globe, join their American brothers and sisters in the fight to free the entire world from tyranny.

Seeing that there is no hope for victory, the Illuminati hierarchy begin to flee in hopes of escaping while their underlings fight to literally preserve their own worthless lives, knowing full well what they face in defeat. The "terrorist" ruling class witnesses a massing of freedom fighters, the likes of which they could never have dreamed, swarm them and completely crush the evil usurpers that they knew themselves to be. The hierarchy is of coarse rounded up and the whole of the evil, cancerous PTW, face the largest crimes against humanity trial in the history of the Earth.

The only thing left in this hypothetical saga is, what should be done with these traitors to the human race? This is a decision we all must face! Well...that is the best scenario that I could be comfortable with. I'm sure we all can envision a result where the good guy wins just like the good ole' films of yesteryear. Someone else give it a shot!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
That does seem fairly realistic, but I would consider the acts of foreign countries too. Would NATO or UN intervene? Would Canada back the resistance or the government or just stay out of it? Being a Canadian, if a situation similar to this were to happen I know that I wouldn't hesitate to come down and fight for my American brothers and sisters

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59

Since the resistance is forced out of the cities ... [snip]

Woah. Hold it right there.

Urban guerilla warfare is the most dangerous and exasperating combat environment for conventional military forces. There is lots of cover, and lots of locals to alienate if you lack fire control. Helicopters are a liability, as seen in Mogadhishu. Tanks cannot maneuver on the side-streets.

Fallujah was the very worst of the fighting for US forces in Iraq---a large urban center, filled with a hostile and motivated populace. The US had to blow up mosques, hospitals and museums to try and contain the enemy. The bulk of US casualties came from Fallujah.

Now just imagine if there is dissent or communication problems in the occupying force. Imagine that the occupiers don't possess unchallenged supply lines. Imagine a civilian population with a high proportion of young combat veterans, fresh from the middle east; with recent training the the most sophisticated tech used by the occupying force.

Now instead of a developing state, with only a few motor vehicles, picture a populace where there are 2 cars for every 3 people, and 1 firearm for every 8 persons. A quarter of the population has a college education. Occupying their city will mean that many of them will cease to have jobs to go to.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

Originally posted by ajay59

Since the resistance is forced out of the cities ... [snip]

Woah. Hold it right there.

Urban guerilla warfare is the most dangerous and exasperating combat environment for conventional military forces. There is lots of cover, and lots of locals to alienate if you lack fire control. Helicopters are a liability, as seen in Mogadhishu. Tanks cannot maneuver on the side-streets.

Fallujah was the very worst of the fighting for US forces in Iraq---a large urban center, filled with a hostile and motivated populace. The US had to blow up mosques, hospitals and museums to try and contain the enemy. The bulk of US casualties came from Fallujah.

Now just imagine if there is dissent or communication problems in the occupying force. Imagine that the occupiers don't possess unchallenged supply lines. Imagine a civilian population with a high proportion of young combat veterans, fresh from the middle east; with recent training the the most sophisticated tech used by the occupying force.

Now instead of a developing state, with only a few motor vehicles, picture a populace where there are 2 cars for every 3 people, and 1 firearm for every 8 persons. A quarter of the population has a college education. Occupying their city will mean that many of them will cease to have jobs to go to.

The reason why I made that statement is that I believe that the government will try to hold the major cities, as the highest concentration of potential slaves, as well as human shields would be at their disposal. Industrial and other important resources, such as, food, medicines and a whole host of other items, would be assets that either side would covet jealously.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My thinking is the ABCs will have wind of Ann uprising before civil war breaks out, a war overseas
Will be started. Much of our active duty military, whom once finish their service become vets/terrorrists,
Will be engaged in warfare abroad, therefor Intel they receive of their homes will be greatly controlled
and manipulated thus stimying desertion/infighting in the ranks. Also, keeping them oversees
"for their safety" so they cannot get involved in the resistance, and they can becontinually
fed propaganda.

When this civil war starts, the full force of the UN, with USAs backing, will come in too assist with
Dhs/FEMA/leos to provide a fully functioning military force, with no ties or loyalty too the local
Resistance.

To further exacerbate the problems with infrastructure, China and other US importers will
seize thisopportunity to greatly increase costs of importing too the US, due to
Increased risks to their employees, or they will stop imports all togethor too help
Secure their place as THE superpower, and/or just cause the downfall of the US
Infrastructure as it exists today.

Their will also be a group of covert military support by other foreign governments whom wish
Too see the BULLY AMERICAN GOV. toppled, so that they Will have more power in the
World, and they won't have too cave to The US GOV./ banking elite anymore.

The internet will be shutdownor totally controlled bt the ABCs ( see china/ N. Korea). Water supplies
Will be damned up out west. Contaminants will be put in lakes, or the air, toto destroy fresh
Water sources and farmland where the resistance is greatest.

No creature, when backed into a corner, lays down and dies. Not the "freedom fighters",
And especially not a power-crazed, money hoarding goverment hell bent on
Global domination.

They will hit below the belt, because they have always hit below the belt. It is important
That those of you that hypothesize about this war know that above all else.

The only thing i don't see happening is the use of much air support for the first year of fighting,
due too the extremely negative impact that would have on the US GOV propaganda machine
Throughout the world. Plus, you can't keep air support a secret too due their high
Visibility from afar.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Although I like your scenario, I was chatting about this to a veteran friend of mine and he doesn't really agree with some of the events....

Granted, some can happen, but he says that most of them are out of character for the individuals involved...I believe someone mentioned this earlier about the TSA agents

Specifically, the resistance would go for more the government buildings or military bases...they wouldn't go for civilian food supply, as civlians are potential allies.

Just our 2cents.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JerkyBeer

Their will also be a group of covert military support by other foreign governments whom wish Too see the BULLY AMERICAN GOV. toppled, so that they Will have more power in the World, and they won't have too cave to The US GOV./ banking elite anymore.

That is why included other nations in my scenario. Other governments will jump on the chance to get a few"licks in" on the "bully"! What better way than to back the patriots as was done in the first American revolution?

edit on 15-1-2013 by ajay59 because: to add

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join