It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End School Gun Violence, FREE Donuts for COPS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I was thinking about the administration's proposal and the NRA initiative of paying more federal tax dollars for COPS in schools. I thought about the fact that the Federal government is already involved in the school breakfast and lunch programs. Perhaps the cheapest way to solve this problem of gun violence in our schools and ensure the safety of our children perhaps the way forward is to extend this program with a little extra funding and offer free Donuts to all police officers on or off duty.

This would in turn attract more police so the nutjob community would know that the police were sure to be on the site at all schools. You can make the schools a gun free zone / victim disarmament zone and still the bad guys would know to stay away.

Instead of Gun Control attacking the 2nd amendment perhaps the Obama administration could sign an executive order mandating a change in this existing law and require all schools receiving federal aid to offer free donuts and free coffee for all police. This would solve the problem quickly and cheaply. For the children we must do this.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh dude...this is excellent... you just started a thread for "out of the box" strategies....I like...now just one step further is feed the vets there and maybe have them rotate duty as convenience dictates....
old vets even...like me, i have "street smarts" to identify trouble....strong personality types....I guess even sheriffs
you see, it goes with smaller government to have the community take care itself....that goes for education especially. the schools did better under the first educators....the church.( that's how it started in america)

yep...and DONUTS, TOO..!!
edit on 14-1-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

edit on 14-1-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This could quite possibly be the most brilliant idea proposed yet. I commend you, sir!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So who's going to make the donuts?

Wait, why am I taking this seriously?

This is meant to be in the jokes forum, right?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

das right ...the police and sheriffs and security people,....they have to eat....
nice History signature.....you know the truth.
edit on 14-1-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahudweh

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I see this as a rather inexpensive stimulus package to our local law enforcement with a huge potential pay off for our children.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Actually, the PR value of children seeing police officers without their game face on and just being regular people that talk and socialize would be a bonus. Community rebuilding from the ground up. Because the biggest problem with America is that people have become dehumanized to each other when dealing with strangers or people outside their circle of friends.

It has potential, more so than those banging the gong for civil war.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

It has potential, more so than those banging the gong for civil war.

Giving a few dollars more out of our federal school funds for some free donuts and coffee for cops beats the crap out of a civil war caused by the destruction of our 2nd amendment rights I will give you that.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Schools are already drug free zones and the penalty is doubled so start by tripling gun related sentences for any gun activity within a school zone that should up the deterrent a bit then hire independent security and give someone else a job for once and tell the cops to start doing their jobs in regards to violence and stop worrying about ticket quotas for minimal crime.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I think my way is overall a cheaper and rewards based approach so will likely be more successful. Punishments are not good ways to get people to do things we want in my opinion. This rewards based efforts expanding on existing federal expenditures would be easier to achieve with just an executive order from the President. No congress required.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

You may be right but at least in my city the police are not allowed to take anything for free or discounted, not even coffee and donuts as it is considered taking a bribe.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I feel a little worried about myself that I think this is a good idea.

Its no different than MacDonalds and 24 hour stores giving police discounts, but I guess in some places the practice of 'bribing' police to be around more often could be seen as negative.

Donuts or we're not coming!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The School is part of the local Government for funding and the overall supply chain too in a real sense. It's as much coming from the same place there as it would be a cafeteria in the Police station. Why not let the cops have something warmed up or made on the side if they supply the stuff as a courtesy to give them a reason to hang out there for doing paperwork or whatever.

That's not bribery because again, school lunch supplies are municipal funding and as a homeowner I feel it every year in helping pay for it. I sure wouldn't mind the minimal cost, personally.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think if the cops even just did their paperwork and hung out at the school parking lots it would be a help. The coffee and donuts is just an idea for a reason for them to be on site at any given time of the day.

top topics

join