It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing concern over young Westboro man: Allegations of homosexuality, and a punishment cell.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Reports on the Cult News Network have taken an alarming turn concerning the infamous Westboro church.

Apparently defections have been increasingly frequent from the extended family-based sect.

Although cult members use the Internet to spread their paradigms, a second Louis Theroux interview with the group and its defectors also showed how some of the girls met their first outside contacts on the web.

It seems that now a Westboro male has followed the example.

Zack Phelps-Roper (21) was an enthusiastic Twitter fan, until allegations emerged that suggested he had a homosexual orientation.

Since then Zack has fallen silent and disappeared.

Recently, word came from cult-leader Fred Phelps that Zack was kept in a "punishment room" until he's "fixed", because wicked gay influences may have given him a "butthole demon" (in the typical parlance of the sect, that is neither cursing nor decent).

This cannot be human rights?
Has anybody from the authorities made sure this young man is OK?

www.examiner.com...

www.examiner.com...

edit on 13-1-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I doubt we will see him again alive.

Religious people always seek to kill those they cant get to shut up.

I hope they do send someone out to make sure hes ok.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I especially get a bit worried when sects seem to reach a crisis point, because that's when the most destructive behavior begins.

OK, this guy is 21, and if he currently chooses this lifestyle and its punishments then so be it.

However, I'd feel better if I actually heard him say that in a neutral environment.

Locking people up is kidnapping.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

This is concerning, I do hope he's ok.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This is truly concerning, alarming and disconcerting all in one.

Okay, everyone Christian knows what the bible says about homosexuality, but locking someone up for it? Even Jesus himself said 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'

Somebody please let us know this young boy is okay - No-one deserves this kind of treatment, even if he is Gay, he is still human.....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I hope if its true one of the people who has left them report it to the police surely if they are members of the family the police would have to check it out. The louis theroux docs were frightening to watch really sad seeing young kids parroting the sick things their disgusting parents said without really understanding what they were saying.
I hope it gets investigated and if they are found to have done anything illegal or abusive that they get prosecuted. personally i thought raising their kids with such sick views and making them outcasts in their society is enough to prove abuse but many wouldn't agree.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

A closer reading of the articles in my OP suggest that he could either still be confined, or he may have already left the group.

It is unclear at present.

The term about the anal "demon" seems to have been mentioned by the young man himself when he first denied any gay allegations, but of course it's obviously something he picked up in the WBC.

Leaving the group basically means being shunned from the family and the church, so it cannot be an easy decision.
If he still is in the cult compound, then somebody should really make sure he's OK.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I totally agree with you. If he was part of the cult, then they will have given him no skills whatsoever to deal with the revelation that he is Gay. So if he has left he could wind up in all sorts of trouble having no suppport network.

If he is still in it, I fear for his state of mind as believing you have a 'butthole demon' defies belief. After all, not everything that is considered out of the range of 'normal' is the fault of a demon.

Either way, this boy sounds like he needs help and a lot of it.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

Okay, everyone Christian knows what the bible says about homosexuality, but locking someone up for it?

Dude that statement is as bigoted as the Westboro Baptist Church.
Why cant us heterosexuals leave homosexuals alone ?
They have feelings / emotions and love. I can not stand bible bashers who are supposingly all loving & forgiving but pick on groups they do not see favorably in their sky fairy book .

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
he is being kept isolated and under supervision. 8 times a day he is beaten and they are brainwashing him.

he is inside the complex.

How would any of us know? People disappear all the time, he is prolly just one more. What does the bible say about homosexuals? =that they should be killed. With that lot at Westbro... those fanatics would actually do # like that.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pillock

Originally posted by markosity1973

Okay, everyone Christian knows what the bible says about homosexuality, but locking someone up for it?

Dude that statement is as bigoted as the Westboro Baptist Church.
Why cant us heterosexuals leave homosexuals alone ?
They have feelings / emotions and love. I can not stand bible bashers who are supposingly all loving & forgiving but pick on groups they do not see favorably in their sky fairy book .

Kia Ora brother. Yes, you are right about gay people - They deserve to live their life as much as anyone else.

I did not mean to sound bigoted, I was merely trying to show support for gay people while toeing the line with regards to Christian belief and what the bible says, as there are a lot of Christians who will read this thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
They are alive and kicking today - retweeting and following more liberal minded activist and such.

They've not done anything really criminal - just disgusting- but this sounds like imprisonment and maybe assault. Surely someone would look into this person's well being?

does 'b-hole demon' make anyone else just sorta want to laugh? Sometimes it seems like they are making fun of THEMSELVES.

I ate some peppers like that once.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

well I would just knock at the door and ask some questions... no harm in checking on a person.

years back I posted a thread about Westbro, cos I was so shocked by what I read and everyone who replied said it was just a parody and not real.

hmmm

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

My goodness....I hope the Christians allow him to hum, at least, in his captivity. Not all Christians will suffer one to hum, you know. Not in MY house!!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Thanks for the clarification buddy .
I do tend to go off the deep end when I think people are being put down because of their sexual orientation.
I am sorry if I offended you .

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

There was nothing bigoted about that statement at all?
He just said everyone that is christian knows what the bible says about homosexuality and then goes on to imply that locking someone up for it is bad.

I mean.. most Christians do know what the bible says right? Locking someone up for being gay is bad right?
So what is bad about his comment? I don't think he was implying that a lesser punishment is in order as opposed to locking someone up.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

No worries
Not everyone in this world is as open minded or accepting as you are. It's good to see people stand up for the less fortunate.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I'll mapquest Westboro Baptist Church and drive there this Sunday to ask about Zack. I expect there will be an immediate demand that I vacate their private property, but I'll ask.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Kovenov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kovenov

Unless we hear more it could be a good idea, however it would have to be someone from the authorities, perhaps on a missing person or kidnapping investigation.

If he's still locked up, there could be a "Free Zach" protest and vigil outside the cult compound.

edit on 14-1-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by Kovenov

Unless we hear more it could be a good idea, however it would have to be someone from the authorities, perhaps on a missing person or kidnapping investigation.

If he's still locked up, there could be a "Free Zach" protest and vigil outside the cult compound.

edit on 14-1-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

Uh no, you should consider calling the FBI or the local authorities. Kidnapping is a crime, cult or not and holding someone against their will is kidnapping. Screw a protest.

As for the other poster who mentioned how funny "butthole" demon sounded, you are very correct, I laughed too.
edit on 14-1-2013 by antonia because: opps

I have a really hard time believing this is actually happening as Westboro has no friends in Government. I am quite certain they are watched like hawks for an infraction as most of the U.S. would just love to see them shut down. Not saying it couldn't happen, I just think it's rather unlikely given we have heard nothing about it in the major media outlets. Westboro kidnapping someone who be a huge story.
edit on 14-1-2013 by antonia because: added a thought

new topics

top topics

join