It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Newspaper Says.....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I gave you a star finally.

Abide; verb

To endure,sustain,or withstand without yielding or submitting,to abide a vigerous onslaught

Good one

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
reply to post by intrptr

The Soviet Union focused on Quantity over Quality...that country is now called Russia, a country that surrendered all other nations, respective to the Warsaw Pact.

Any thoughts?

The Soviet Union overwhelmed the German Wehrmacht in WWII form a deep deficit of arms, personnel, and territory. They did it with overwhelming numbers. Like I said though, that was a different time. And the Russians aren't Chinese. Maybe a close parallel would be to analyze how the Chinese happened to overpower the world markets? They did it with overwhelming numbers.

That is their mode of thinking.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Likewise. One of my favorite movies. I live on the west coast. I am his age. I lived thru those times. I am like the dude (in a manner of speaking). My generation invented the "dude".

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

There is a very specific boundry as far as Quantity to Quality as was seen in WWII as the U.S. built thousands more Sherman Tanks which were no where near as good as German Panzer and Tiger Tanks. Yet shere numbers allowed the U.S. to overwhelm the Nazi lines.

Then we have the absolute speed, power, survivability, accuracy and high tech. of the U.S. M1A1 Abrams Tank. These tanks were able to destroy quickly Soviet design T-72 tanks in Iraq and due to the Abrams ability to destroy targets at such a fast rate as well as the M-1's ability to hold target at high speed...the Soviet Design Tanks were destroyed at will.

So as long as a Higher Tech. Weapon has an ability to survive any attack as was the case by and by with the Abrams...it allows the High Tech. weapon more time to destroy more targets. If an enemy can't destroy you but you can destroy him...and as long as you have support of fuel and ammo...numbers mean nothing.

If a High Tech. weapon can be destroyed even if it can kill on a ratio much higher than the enemy...numbers will overwhealm such a weapons system.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yea, I am about the same age too.A relative of mine lives in Bowling Green Ky.We went to the very first Lebowski Fest in 2000.Since then I have gone every year at the one in Louisville Ky.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

This Chinese Sub was allowed to penetrate the Carrier Group.

Do you have a link for that allowed to remark?

Okay...

But I respect that opinion. Just understand something about sub tactics too. I knew people in the industry way back. Had a friend in the Navy who flew P3 Orion Sub Hunters out of Moffett Field, Sunnyvale Ca. He was lead sonar on the most distinguished sub hunter and a close personal friend.

The stories he told me...

I would tell them here, but then I would have to kill you.

Edit: Just kidding.

edit on 15-1-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I don't have a link as it is something I have discussed with team members.

As I have said earlier...a few months after the event...the Navy was able to hold off attempts to cut it's budget.

Very suspicious timing.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

"Futures" in relation to the worlds stock markets are extremely important. If China educated its entire population to a level where 6.7% had their equivalent to a Bachelors degree? China in effect would have the potential of presenting itself as intellectually being more relevant than the United States. In context, the United States. prior to reaching the level of education. Our population is currently accustomed too , it did function as a fascist state.

So much so, that in College I was taught that Adolf Hitler recognized what was then, was historical example of how a fascist state could work. His mistake was not understanding that the US, by WW2 had evolved beyond that point.

If China actually educates its entire popuplation as the US did things will change...

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Hey! Let's send THE DUDE to negotiate a settlement between China and Japan!

But no Walter! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

China will eventually loose it's Communist system of Government as it's population becomes more educated as well as Westernized.

MTV then McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, the Internet...it all has been a long term plan to make the average Chinese person desire more than they currently are allowed to have.

This change will happen over time and as the Old Communist Guard dies out...we will see China become Democratic.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Agreed and for multiple reasons. I am well prepared to respond should our resident Appeasers have something to say

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Fast Food and Rock and Roll!

Is there nothing they can't do? LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I've been on here way past my bedtime... Will pick it back up tomorrow. Thanks all for the input.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Myself in the same situation may all concerned have pleasant dreams

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I had trouble understanding what you were posting there. I know that since China has come into the modern world, they have changed in their view of peasantry to better inform and educate their people in order to compete in todays marketplace. Simply flooding the worlds markets with made in China goods form automated factories won't work forever.

Since the completion of the Three Gorges Damn project there is increased electrical power available to sell to people who need to go to school so they can earn an education in order to afford all the things all that electricity can power. They will have apartments, computers, air conditioners, and cars that need rent and payments met every month. An education secures the higher paying jobs that will get them all those "fine things" that we in the West have become enslaved to.

So yah, it is in the best interests in the near term for China to educate its people. While we are "dumbing down" our kids here in America to keep them compliant, they are pouring money into higher education for increasing numbers of Chinese students.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The U.S. forces in Asia, without reinforcement, could not defeat China. Most of the technology and personnel in Asia are defensive batteries, a couple attack aircraft (which would get swamped by the nearly 6,000-strong Chinese Air Force) and a couple Cruisers.

China, can bring 3 million men into war (trained), and 40-100 million in total war (Russia had a pop. of 150m in WW2 and had over 25 million soldiers) which would still leave them with a 1.2-1.25 billion- man workforce.

China also has their own domestically built missiles, the Iranian Scud- variant, the N. Korean Scud- D variant, the Syrian Yahkont and Iskander super cruise missiles and the Russian cast offs.

China could grind through most of Asia before the U.S. could bring their military to bear on China.

Sure, the U.S. is powerful in a straight up fight, but China has the home field advantage, shorter supply lines, more men, a greater number of air craft (in the region) and let's not forget it was China who gave us the likes of Sun Tzu.

The U.S. would win in a quick shoot out, but they'd take a huge casualty rate and the cost would be detrimental to the States.

China has ICBM's capable of hitting the U.S. Western Seaboard, missiles capable of hitting U.S.N. Forces from another continent, and the industrial-economic strength to replenish whatever losses they may incur.

So, don't think China would be a walk in a park. China is not Saddam-Iraq (who were choked by international sanctions and only sold second rate equipment). They are a modern superpower with 300-2,500 nuclear missiles (China has said any war with the U.S. and they'll nuke outright, the U.S. doesn't even know how many nukes are in China, or where all of them are) and delivery systems capable of eradicating the U.S. Western seaboard.

Off Topic Question:

The Chinese Ship Killing ICBM's aren't very accurate, but when you tie in the 'we will nuke' mentality, do you think China might utilize it's nuclear arsenal to take out the ships? 2 miles (the immediate blast radius) would be enough range to counter the CER of the missiles and completely wipe clean any forces in that blast zone.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Hey! Let's send THE DUDE to negotiate a settlement between China and Japan!

But no Walter! LOL!

Split Infinity

"I do mind,...the Dude minds, this will not stand,... ya know,... this aggression will not stand,,..... man."

edit on 16-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by NotAnAspie

When I speak about major U.S. Military Weapon Systems or Secret Ultra-High Tech. U.S. Military abilities I am just skimming the surface. The true level of such abilities is well beyond most peoples understands or even ability to believe. These type of weapon systems have been deamed well Above Top-Secret and are ment for Last Use should the U.S. find itself in a dangerous War. Such weapons would never be used in the Military actions that the U.S. has had over the last 12 years but should Iran be so stupid as to Nuclear Blackmail it's neighbors in the event it obtains a Nuclear Weapon...given the fact that the vast majority of the population of Iran desires peaceful relations with the U.S....such Super Secret U.S. Military Weapon Systems might be brought to bear against specific Iranian Divisions such as the Quds Force...that are loyal to the Iranian Old Religious Guard.

The High Tech. Weapons would give the U.S. Military the capability to render innert the Iranian Military Forces that are not so loyal to the Old Guard as such forces would be needed to protect Iran after a massive U.S. Military campaign. Such weapons used might be High Powered Non-Nuclear EMP's of which there are both large and small as two of the small are said to be able to fit into the internal bomb bay of the F/A-22 Raptor. This would give the USAF unprecidented strike capabilities as the F/A-22 could target Old Guard Command and Control so that it might be possible for the Iranian Democratic Party might use the oppertunity of the Old Guards inability to contact or command it's Military to seize power.

Split Infinity

If the U.S. has this weaponry at their disposal, why can they not figure out why the F-22 Raptor causes hypoxia (Lack of Oxygen to the brain) in it's pilots?
Surely a military complex capable of such world domineering technology should be able to create a Jet capable of not seriously harming the pilot?.. So, why has the U.S. pumped nearly $1 trillion into this failed aircraft but still don't know why it won't work the way it should?

Have you ever thought the U.S.M. are bs-ing you about their capabilites? Keep the people in awe, and they won't want to fight?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

China has a very inexperienced and low tech. Navy. The U.S. Navy is the most highly trained, inovative,high tech., lethal, proffesional War Tested Navy in the World with Hundreds of years of experience and traditions. One cannot even compare the Chinese Navy to the U.S. Navy as there is such a wide gap of disparity that comparison becomes ridiculous.

Hundreds of years of experience and tradition? You mean the way that China has nearly 5,000 years of recorded history?

The U.S. Navy was virtually non-existent pre-WW1. It had some vessels, sure, but the British Navy (up until WW2) was still the most powerful in the world, with the Commonwealth creating a pretty sizable force by themselves.

Also, think of how long it would take for the U.S. to move those ships to Asia to be in a position of power. Then think of how quickly China could activate their missile silos and muster it's land, sea and air forces.

China has, and will always have, the home field advantage. Any war against China will be in Asia, and that will be a pretty significant disadvantage to the U.S.

It takes weeks, months, for a ship to reach Asia/China? How long do you reckon it'll take China to muster their land, air and sea forces? 3 days? 7 days, even?

War against China will be detrimental to the U.S., simply because China can lose 50% of it's population and STILL outnumber the U.S. 2 to 1.

It's simple numbers, people. And China has more.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

Ahem. They just released a fix for the F-22 this month. It was the Suits they were wearing causing problems. but they also added 2 systems to account for more oxygen when needed as well. Just search for F-22 oxygen problem fixed. Its in there somewhere. But they resumes the patrols over alaskan airspace this month.

Now as for China. China is a DEFENSIVE FORCE. Now the key to fighting a defensive force is usually Blockading them. poisoning the chinese farms would go along way to beating them. The new EMP missiles that Boeing has can also make their command and control go to pot. these are selctive EMP and not nuclear. lets see them try to control that large a army with no Comms,or feed that large a army with a poisoned well. And chinas navy is almost non existent as well as its air force.
edit on 16-1-2013 by yuppa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join