It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbery victim wants to thank Good Samaritans who came to his rescue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

“I don’t believe in guns,” said Dorsey. “I don’t own a gun. I’m totally at the mercy of my saviors. They obviously sent two angels to help me. These people protected me when I couldn’t protect myself.”

www.khou.com...

Normally a CHL (s) would not intervene due to the perp left without shooting the victim. Even then many CHLs would just report what they had witnessed to 911 and rendered aid.
So far no charges filed against the CHLs so it looks like it will play out with the supposedly good guys on top. Have to wait and see what the D.A. does.....Mean while I find it rather amusing the perp went for a back yard that had a rather large dog loose inside who decided they were not friends....sometimes crime just doesn't pay......

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Interesting story. The 'good samaritans' chased the guy after the crime had been committed and the perp had fled. What is interesting about it is that the two civilians did what any law enforcement would have done, but these guys might actually get into trouble for it. Cops could have shot the guy dead and they would have been exonerated without a doubt.

Hats off to these guys, though. Keep us updated on how it plays out for them.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hasn't armed robbery been banned in the U.S yet?

I can't understand how any of this could have happened.

Hope the two who got him his things back are looked upon as heroes instead of villains.
In today's age it's a hard sell which path this story will take.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
In a good CHL class one of the first things you learn....you are not a cop...every bullet you shoot has a lawyer potentially tied to it..Just because this is Texas does not mean the guys were in the right...However like others I hope they are given a "that a boy" and not some D.A. out to make a name demonizes them..
It is still a good example of people helping people which I wish there was more of; just glad the perp was the only one hurt. Shucks he will get patched up and be back on the street in no time.

new topics

top topics

join