Mali heating up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I know I read the OP but these things you posted.

The US has operated everything from Predators, to Global Hawks, to U-28s in the region.

Plus refuel and intelligence isn’t cheap and it never has been. Even when we have limited support roles we still get blamed for the mess it has happened in the past plenty of times.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

They've been working with the Mali gov't forces with the Predators and Global Hawks, and some of those missions have been in other countries as well. I actually have a thread that talks about the UAV "war" in Africa and where they're operating, but it's dusty.

As for tanker and airlift support, yeah, it's not cheap, but it's good training as well has helping France. And we probably will get the blame for some of it, but at least if we can keep out of the fighting we won't lose troops, and France will take most of the blame this time.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You know as well as I do the haters are going to hate. I wouldn’t mind so much if war was for profit like it was when the kings and queens were on their conquests. If we were making a profit off of the mess and it was proportional to the blame we receive then I wouldn’t care. The fuel for 1 c-17 is probably more than I will make in years.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Not quite sure why were getting involved. Is these something to do with the shared operations with France, the carrier Charles de Gaulle etc whilst ours are getting built.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Everyone commenting so far has failed to see the larger regional inplications of Islamic terrorists in charge of Mali. This is right on the border with Algeria and Algeria is already in an ongoing conflict with AQIM (Al Quaeda Islamic Maghreb) in the Sahara who have been smuggling weapons from Libya and drugs. Not only that, Algeria has largely been unaffected by the Arab spring but instability may come soon as elections are due in 2014 and many suppose President Boutiflika will be finally stepping down and all hell will break loose in Algeria when whoever replaces him fails to keep people pacifyied with dwindling oil resources and where rampant corruption, high unemployment, (as much as 50%) and poverty is everywhere. The current strategy in Algeria is to keep people constantly busy and quiet, with subsidies in food, and focusing them on trying to figure out how to come up with money to build a house so they are distracted from maintstream politics, but it is coming to a head because the gov cannot pacify people forever with dwindling resources. How do I know this? Well I'm a Canadian living here for 4 years now. The operation in Mali is to try and curb the instability that may come to a full head in the very near future in the whole region.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
and France is over in Syria supporting the FSA terrorists, they wont look at the fact that the FSA are deeply linked with Al Qaeda.

Next will be thousands of refugees fleeing to Europe, and what will follow next is expected; French citizens will cry and moan about immigrants and Muslims taking over their country, typical hypocrisy

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
haha well so much for that, they just announced the RAF plane has broken down on the news. Not sure on repair time.
edit on 14-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by Bluesma

Of course, it's just entirely coincidental that Al Qaida forces just happen to be sitting everywhere there are natural resources or a strategic point on the map that we (by "we" I mean private corporations and banks in the West) want to grab.

Yep, that's all it is, just sheer coincidence. Nothing to do with people wanting self determination and the profits from THEIR resources staying in THEIR country to help THEIR families.

Al Qaida? Hm. I haven't heard any mention of Al Qaida, myself.
Almost any spot in the world you pick, you will be able to find some natural resources, no coincidence needed.

But I am firmly against the jihadist Muslims taking over, any where. I will support all efforts to thwart that.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by Bluesma

Of course, it's just entirely coincidental that Al Qaida forces just happen to be sitting everywhere there are natural resources or a strategic point on the map that we (by "we" I mean private corporations and banks in the West) want to grab.

Yep, that's all it is, just sheer coincidence. Nothing to do with people wanting self determination and the profits from THEIR resources staying in THEIR country to help THEIR families.

Al Qaida? Hm. I haven't heard any mention of Al Qaida, myself.
Almost any spot in the world you pick, you will be able to find some natural resources, no coincidence needed.

But I am firmly against the jihadist Muslims taking over, any where. I will support all efforts to thwart that.

The people here in Algeria say there is no such thing as AQIM, its a government term, that they are just people who are still fighting since the Islamists originally won an election here, and were violently overthrown by the current gov and are still fighting so Al queada or not I don't know, but there are extremists here most definitely and best they are dealt with which is a real issue not just an exploit in natural resources. Even where I live, far away from the desert, the town I live has extremists in the mountains, and every so often they come out in the iddle of the night looking to loot whoever, wherever they can, thats why everyone has thick iron bars on every window and door and shuts the house up tight at around 7pm every night.

CX

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Any time i hear about forces in Africa, i think about a documentary i watched a few years back......Africa: America's New Oil Traget.....

Well worth a watch, it's quite interesting how they conduct business. This is not a dig at the US btw, if thats how they do it, i'm sure us Brits and many other countries will be doing it too.

CX.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

When it comes to Africa I get the impression it's less about oil, and more about gold and diamonds. At least in certain parts of it, Mali included. China already has a pretty good foot hold in Sudan with 40% of its oil production bought, so we might see other portions of the continent end up in at the very least an economic war trying to get rights to their resources. This might turn into a good thing for them though. Most of them have a GDP in the $10B range, with workers making less than $1.25 a day. This could lead to an economic boom for at least parts of the continent.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The trouble with all these actions (since the end of WWII) is its all done on a "politically correct " type of scale. In other words the "actions taken, where ever it maybe" are always done in a way that trys to please someone or everyone for said action (see UN) , results are worried about in such ways- that actions once proceeded are usually ineffective.

If your gonna fight and war, you need to go all in or nothing

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
never mind. I said it all already. Nice thread though and I agree with myself. the end
edit on 14-1-2013 by RUFFREADY because: woops wronge place

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Some info here ..

Posted before 2 days ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-1-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FellowTraveller

Irregardless, why should the world care what goes in some bum-f backhole of nation in the world's craphole Africa...?

Two things really bother me about this sentence.

1) You use a word that my simpleton stepmother uses constantly that makes my blood boil. Irregardless. Irregardless IS NOT A WORD!!!!! JUST SAY REGARDLESS!!

2) Your opinion of Mali and African in general is disgusting and you should probably steer clear from ATS. The motto of this website is Deny Ignorance. And you, sir (or ma'am), are the definition of ignorant.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FellowTraveller

I would have gone my way to insult you in a matter that will hurt you,but i value too much ATS for that.So i will just state that you are an idiot.What do you know of Africa?have you been there?Do you know how we got into that mess in the first place?Why should the world care?because the world screwed us over,stole our roots and culture,colonized us and exploited our ressources,mingle in our politics....So if you have nothing to say,STFU

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FellowTraveller
reply to post by okamitengu

My statement on Islam is simple: You proposed that good ideas flowed through Mail, the religion of Islam being one of them. Now, given that the terrorists are Muslim which, just in case you can't put the two together, means they are followers of Islam. Given that these terrorists are the ones ruining this "once great" nation (although it was French colony and since gained independence has been in chaos) and are Muslim, would you still agree that Islam was good idea coming into this region that was good for the world and made us who we are today, as you previously stated?

And, for the record, I call Mali a Butt-f country, not England..
edit on 13-1-2013 by FellowTraveller because: (no reason given)

So, Blackwater only recruit Muslims? Interesting

There are radicals all over the world.

The IRA (Catholics), the UVF (Protestants), Al Qaeda (Muslim), The Tryads (Zen Buddhist?), The Sicilian Mafia (Catholic), The Neo-Nazi's (Protestant/Catholic mix).

You're clearly talking out of your ass... 'mate'.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The Islamic militants, whom had misuse the religion of Islam for their own human slaughtering agenda, in Mali claims proudly that France had just opened the gates of hell.

It is a FINAL confirmation of WHAT those militants truly are, had the rest of innocent mankind been blind.

It is opened acknowledgement by the mititants that they are DEMONS from Hell.

NO HUMAN can now support those demons, except for demon supporters, hell bent on twisting truths in the world and even daringly here on ATS.

I had always perceived the French as aloof and snobbish, but with their strike to help out our fellow human brothers and sisters in Mali facing extreme persecution in the hands of the demons, my perceptions changed.

Let us all pray to our common Creator, that France and the fearful Mali army may find success, courage and blessings for their endeavours.

These demons in human civilian clothes must not be allowed to gain a foothold in Africa as they had done in the Pakistan border, or the blooming of Africa's englightenment will come to an end. Africans had suffered enough -denied of education, robbed of their wealth by their own corrupted countryman leaders, and then imposed with a FALSE religion NO true muslim would attest to.

Demon supporters of ALL kinds will claim that the insignificant nobody me is 'demonizing' those militants. But as the saying goes ' If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is most certainly a duck'. Thing is, those militants in civilian attire are no ducks, but mass human slaying demons and MUST be EXTERMINATED unless they are willing to quit destroying Islam and tyrannising persecuting humans.

May innocent Malians flee to the south for safety as quickly as possible while the fight goes on. It will not be easy to distinguish between those demons and innocent humans in conflict areas, as the security in the south must tighten up to search for those demons hiding in civilian populations as well.
edit on 14-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why is this in the world war 3 forum? Should be in the breaking alternative news forum.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan

Originally posted by FellowTraveller
reply to post by okamitengu

My statement on Islam is simple: You proposed that good ideas flowed through Mail, the religion of Islam being one of them. Now, given that the terrorists are Muslim which, just in case you can't put the two together, means they are followers of Islam. Given that these terrorists are the ones ruining this "once great" nation (although it was French colony and since gained independence has been in chaos) and are Muslim, would you still agree that Islam was good idea coming into this region that was good for the world and made us who we are today, as you previously stated?

And, for the record, I call Mali a Butt-f country, not England..
edit on 13-1-2013 by FellowTraveller because: (no reason given)

So, Blackwater only recruit Muslims? Interesting

There are radicals all over the world.

The IRA (Catholics), the UVF (Protestants), Al Qaeda (Muslim), The Tryads (Zen Buddhist?), The Sicilian Mafia (Catholic), The Neo-Nazi's (Protestant/Catholic mix).

You're clearly talking out of your ass... 'mate'.

this quote was referring specifically to MALI, not all terrorists in all countries everywhere. cut the guy a break.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join