It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaid Found NOAA documentary Discovery Channel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The Aquatic Ape theory is however really cool.

And the Navy is doing some clandestine tests underwater.

So... That part of the documentary is right on.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

If you mean "flagellate" the answer is no, but I think you are in a sense flagellating yourself in this thread by berating everyone else who has seen this "documentary" and understood that it was a "what could be" situation similar to the one Discovery aired in a similar alien attack "documentary".

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Startruth144
Sorry Animal Planet aired it...

More info here:

www.webpronews.com...

There is no sorry here. I am looking for another outlook, something that might help me in my quest for answers true. All of my questions as a human are responded to without the ribald smirks I do not deserve. I am a Human what are you if less or more than?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by Startruth144
[more

Paid? For what, my friend?

Just sharing info.. I watched this "documentary" with my gf awhile back and was curious and looked into it further. Turns out to be a work of fiction. Just being truthful..

Stop quoting the postal clerk. Your Guffahs have not placed yourself into any books of Renouned personages. You are a particulate of small matter not able to manifest into anything of greatness; small you are and small you shall remain.

Condescending remarks aside..

Did you read the link I posted? Here you go again: www.webpronews.com...

A little tid bit from the link:

To reiterate: “Mermaids: The Body Found” is not a real documentary. What you’re seeing are CGI images crafted on a computer, nothing more. The idea behind the program was to give viewers an idea of what mermaids would look like if they were, in fact, real. So stop freaking out and quit believing everything you see or hear on television. Chances are, someone is just messing with your head, kind of like the video embedded below. By the way: It’s fake.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

If one truth was to be told that is it. If everything else is a Walt Disney Movie fine. Howerer not so. A problem of mine has been that Da Vinci drew the flipper, and or the hand thingy the webbed fingered that NOAA photographed. If you listen to the tapes of what the OLD NAVY has, and the sonic booms employed you would cry. The Merpeople were adjutants to the whales, guilding them caught in the crossfire of experimentation. There is not a single entity that can deny sound (sonic) pulses kill in the parameter/pulverises tissue. I am only looking for truth. These people that made the documentary left NOAA because they were robbed of their truth. At the end of it all the camera phone held by one of the boys shouts "This Is What We Saw".
edit on 13-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

If you mean "flagellate" the answer is no, but I think you are in a sense flagellating yourself in this thread by berating everyone else who has seen this "documentary" and understood that it was a "what could be" situation similar to the one Discovery aired in a similar alien attack "documentary".

To beat oneself into a state of non conformance. I want the truth. That is all. Apparently you are no provider of just a PROVOCATOUR. What! An alien attack Documentary is underway!!! No one told me. Discovery never sent me the email.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I am pretty sure those people you are referring to, were paid actors for the mockumentary.

Fact is, the aquatic ape theory IS really interesting.

Another fact, is that we know VERY little about what goes on beneath the sea.

Final fact, our NAVY refuses to disclose what they do themselves --- and their own findings.

Remind anyone of NASA and outer space?

As above, so below - when it comes to our good old government organizations.

----

That film was bogus on many levels, it was pretty funny to be honest. But I did walk away with interesting ideas.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Have you looked at it? CGI images crafted? Do you not mean created? Nope some of the ideas expressed were of how a human could physically become a mammal air breathing type. Sort of like the Andrewsarkus. A Pig that was a water being that became a human/pig (might have that opposite). Me of course being very crafty would tell you that whatever your freakout is has no thing to do with my experience as a human.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I am pretty sure those people you are referring to, were paid actors for the mockumentary.

Fact is, the aquatic ape theory IS really interesting.

Another fact, is that we know VERY little about what goes on beneath the sea.

Final fact, our NAVY refuses to disclose what they do themselves --- and their own findings.

Remind anyone of NASA and outer space?

As above, so below - when it comes to our good old government organizations.

----

That film was bogus on many levels, it was pretty funny to be honest. But I did walk away with interesting ideas.

Only because you were not convinced. Me otherhand was. No actors, you cannot get that reaction from the researchers involved (it was their story) and have actors portray them. Come On. They were they and I so feel for them and the lost careers. Look at the Boys camera phone evidence; do it slow motion at 1/15th.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Funny thats the one idea I did not buy into.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Funny thats the one idea I did not buy into.

and yet do believe it now whole heart. total. evil bunch oops off topic may have bounced myself off of my own thead

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Have you looked at it? CGI images crafted? Do you not mean created? Nope some of the ideas expressed were of how a human could physically become a mammal air breathing type. Sort of like the Andrewsarkus. A Pig that was a water being that became a human/pig (might have that opposite). Me of course being very crafty would tell you that whatever your freakout is has no thing to do with my experience as a human.

I just got 20 points taken away from me in responding to the originally original postee. What does that mean? 20 points. Thanks and I mean that with Love expounded- someone anywhere? Someone put up the entire doc verbage and attributed it to me? as in quoting too much (not taking into example the memory ATS holds as RAM) Fess up.
edit on 13-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You posted a thread about a fictional event. A poster was kind enough to give you a link to explain the confusion. Grow up and accept that what you posted is not what you thought it was. There is nothing wrong with being wrong, but the way you are going about it is very, very wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

You posted a thread about a fictional event. A poster was kind enough to give you a link to explain the confusion. Grow up and accept that what you posted is not what you thought it was. There is nothing wrong with being wrong, but the way you are going about it is very, very wrong.

Maybe so, but there were no disclaimers; Discovery producing a thought provoking lie; who paid for it? Not advertisers as there was no money to made there-too scary or controvercial or just simply not relevant.
By the way; as you well know you are contributing to an idea forum that "Central Interest" has not BEEN PROVEN EITHER and every other contributor to Religion, Faith and Theology walks with you in that hypocracy.
Myself included.

edit on 14-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: to question one truths is always a brownie waiting to be eaten

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

STRAIGHT from discovery's website about the show,
animal.discovery.com...

they also did one about dragons:
animal.discovery.com...

Quit blasting people for telling you what is it because it doesnt fit into YOUR truth
Deny Ignorance!!!

About Mermaids: The Body Found What if there’s a kernel of truth that lives beneath the legend of the mythic mermaid? In Mermaids: the Body Found, Animal Planet brings viewers into the world where the legend is real. The film blends real-life events and phenomena with the story of two scientists who testify they found the remains of a never-before-identified sea creature. Spectacular CGI animates a world where mermaids really do swim below the water’s surface, cooperatively hunt with dolphins and may continue to survive in an intricate society where they stay hidden in fear of their Earth-bound relatives. Mermaids: The Body Found is a story about evolutionary possibility grounded in a radical scientific theory – the Aquatic Ape Theory, which claims that humans had an aquatic stage in our evolutionary past. While coastal flooding millions of years ago turned some of our ancestors inland, is it possible that one group of our ancestors didn’t retreat from water but rather went in deeper? Could they have ventured farther into sea out of necessity and to find food? With compiled amateur footage, including photos and video shot by deep-sea fishermen that never have been shown in the US, as well as cinema-quality CGI, Mermaids: The Body Found argues how a mythical creature – one of humankind’s most enduring legends – may be real. It depicts how mermaids may have evolved from the early human family tree and persisted into the present day.

edit on 1/14/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

This kind of thing happens all the time. Usually someone will be polite and let you know the real deal about it and they will give you a link to the thread that explains it. Or you might get a snarky reply, but either way, you learn something. Try to be happy you were able to cross off a conspiracy and move on to the next one. Just because this one didn't work out, doesn't mean the next one wont.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

This kind of thing happens all the time. Usually someone will be polite and let you know the real deal about it and they will give you a link to the thread that explains it. Or you might get a snarky reply, but either way, you learn something. Try to be happy you were able to cross off a conspiracy and move on to the next one. Just because this one didn't work out, doesn't mean the next one wont.

Off topic, as not Religion, Faith or Theology; the underlying message to all. Politeness fine, outright ridicule; even more interesting. THE NEXT TOPIC? The existance of "Andrewsarkus" the terra based PIG that swam and became an ocean being/borne mammal; a whale specie. Maybe Discovery will get on this one as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join