Da Vinci last supper sanctum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hi

ok, and i watching a pic. Of last supper, and what i see..
Well maybe is late, and i need to go to sleep.
Hovever, i like to ask if someone have answer, and seen this..

-Why on tapestries are some sculls, suffering people, sad faces etc. ?
-Why glasses is made of glas, i guess, and why cups are clearly visible.
-is there missing someone on picture, of who is arm of that.
-Who holding knife? And why other guy holding that hand give, or stop that knife hand?
-Who is that two women in picture?

i watching picture on wikipedia, there is high res.
Ultima cena da vinci jpg 5

that much for now
regards

feel free to all discuss

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wwwchronos

The tapestries sound interesting, I don't remember ever looking at those closely. The knife, if I recall, is just out there, with nobody identified as holding it. I guess this thread needs a good clear pic of the painting, or parts of the painting. I'm not good at uploading. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

This one?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
that was painted by an artist way after this event took place. It was his rendition of it.
edit on 13-1-2013 by misse2miss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I rather write questins,
instead a giving what i maybe see. At least for now, for start.
If they see too and i too, then it is there.
I dont want to suggestin anything or show whatever is there or maybe not.
Subliminal trick principle.
Im on tablet,
later put some picture, Later,
let see what will people see.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I've never really payed attention to the tapestries but Peter is the one holding the knife.

No one knows who the disembodied hand belongs to (though I have a theory).

I'm not sure what you mean about the glasses.

The only "woman" that I know of is John the Apostle who's to the left of Jesus, where's the other woman you mentioned?

Hope this helped.
S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

is that a monkey?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss

IKEA MONKEY!!!! he gets around

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Third head from jesus to right is woman
peter or whatever guy name is, he does not holding a knife, he holding a hand with knife.
About glasses, .. Well, far as i know, back then they does not have glasses, or glass technology.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

haha i didnt notice at first until i zoomed into the pic and i started lmao!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

And Jesus was a black guy, It is an artists impression.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Third to the right Is Philip.

Holding a hand that's holding a knife? I wish I could get a higher res version but I'm on my phone right now.

What do you see in it?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It's the tapestries which have gotten my attention now. I never even noticed them before, and there's eight of them. I wonder who decorated that room, and why they like tapestry collecting (I don't recall those ever mentioned in the more or less recent popular novels about mysteries surrounding paintings). This should be interesting. And I see someone wants to start with the "Is it Mary Magdelene or John" thing about the woman on Jesus right. She's not holding a knife though, so he's at least safe from that surprise that evening.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

A hand with knife is
From jesus to left
between 3 and 4 head, above plate and below high five two hands

im sure other is a woman on right

sry for my english

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

My opinion on the the guy holding the knife behind his back is that Peter is the one who betrayed Jesus and him being split in half by Judas means they are the same person. Also, the disembodied hand that comes from behind Peter and is at the neck of John represents Paul, because John "traveled" with Paul. Those three are the same person and Peter being split in half by Judas is a hint toward that in my opinion.
edit on 13-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

maybe but not impossible, victim is missin.
Because of that i ask who holding knife, if is not anyone of them, and that woman on left does not holding it too

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Is there any computer wizzard here,
i just found there is a picture of last supper, pictured in 16 billion pixels.
If anyone can get it it will be nice.

.. Im seein things i go to sleep

Regards,
me

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Wait, don't sleep yet. Where is this pic? Point the way, OP, to the last supper.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Just write in google
last supper high resolution
Or add: news

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Hi Chronos

The man holding the knife in DaVinci's rendering of his secco fresco for Il Cenacolo ('the last Supper') is R. Shimeon bar Yonah (aka 'Simon bar Jonah' = Simon son of Jonah aka 'haKephah' = the 'rock' or in Greek: ho 'Petros', hence 'Peter' ) - he is the same person who is pointing with his OTHER hand to the other side of the table accusingly to one of the disciples as he whispers to one of the 'benei Regesh' i.e. sons of thunder, in this case, R. Yohanon bar Zavdai (i.e. John son of Zebedee), brother of Yakkov bar Zavdai (=james son of Zebedee) whose bright satin green tunic has all but flaked off, alas !

Here is a digital rendition of the sketch by DaVinci himself for Shimeon's (i.e. Peter's) odd position holding the knife (although Luke chapter 22:35ff said 'SWORD') in the Queen's Royal Collection, London :

see the 14th Digital Image down on this list : www.alaintruong.com...

Also here is the famous (slightly smaller than the original 15 ' x 30' , and painted on canvas in oil) hanging in the Tongerlo Abbey's Davinci Museum in Tongerlo, Belgium -

en.wahooart.com...

This very fine and quite detailed Copy (c. 1510 - check out 'James the Greater's satin Green Tunic for a taste of what we've lost by all the flaking over the centuries !) was thought to have been painted by some of DaVinci's own students - and painted closely from the original - executed apparently while DaVinci was still alive - and there is some debate whether he actually touched it up in places - though there are some changes here and there (not unlike DaVinci who often made copies - with slight changes e.g. see the two versions of the Madonna of the Rocks)

NB: The Tongerlo Copy of the Last Supper shows a DIFFERENT set of tapestries (apparently the original ones in the fresco in Milan are apparently copies of the tapestries that actually used to hang in the Refectory (Dining Hall) of the Santa Maria delle Grazie Monastery where the original Davinci secco fresco is located - as if R. Yehoshua bar Yosef (Greek ho 'Iesous') was there eating with them ... another cute trick of Leonardo's no doubt.

But a close look at the Tongerlo Abbey Belgium Copy of Davinci's Il Cenacolo ('the last supper') shows how much detail (especially in the beautiful rendering of the fabrics on all the colourful disciples' tunics etc.) was apparently in the original - and now alas lost forever due to mildew, bacteria, fungus, all those rock throwing French Soldiers of Napoleon, the Allied Bombing of 1943, all the gradual and permanent flaking off of the original pigments etc. and other damaging effects of moisture/wear/tear over time..

Any reconstruction of the original would have to take the details of theTongerlo Copy into account - so make sure you consult this Copy if you want to find any further 'Clues' as to what might have been in the painting (secco fresco) originally...

edit on 14-1-2013 by Sigismundus because: stuttering commputerrrrrrr keyyboardddd

<<   2 >>

join