It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats a good thread title?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There has been a great deal of vitriol, on this forum over the last few months, it began with the whole Sandy Hook/Gun Control debate, and more recently with President Obama's administrations voiced concern over The UKs promulgated vote on our relationship with the EU (I say EU as it is a different entity from Europe as a whole).

I have said this before and I will say it again, I am a Brit that likes the US, and in particular the first rate ordinary people of the United States. I appreciate their good manners, and greatly admire their moral fortitude.

During the Twentieth Century we stood shoulder to shoulder against those who would do us harm, and then as the century progressed we both through NATO took a stand against those who sought to impose their political ideologies upon us.

I must declare an interest here as I have relatives that were born in the US, as well as friends who are US Citizens, also it has been my good fortune to work alongside many US citizens.

I realize this may sound somewhat utopian, and naive but I firmly believe what draws us together is much stronger than the differences between us.

It is a truism that are respective governments may not always represent the both of us in a way that conveys the reality of the morals, and standards that our two nations hold in common, but once again I say based on my own experience we have a great deal in common, and if The United States considers what happens in The UK to be an important part of its wider national interest then I personally stand with our American friends, and allies on that issue.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

FREE BEER!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO1414
reply to post by hotel1

FREE BEER!!!

Gimme some of that

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I understand what you mean, up to a point.

And to me that point sounded like: I am close to my cousin. We share much despite having our different opinions on certain topics. But he's really a great guy. I respect him.
And when he tells me he needs to screw my wife for his wider interests, I stand with him on that issue.

But to be fair and honest, no countries help another for pure altruistic reasons.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
I understand what you mean, up to a point.

And to me that point sounded like: I am close to my cousin. We share much despite having our different opinions on certain topics. But he's really a great guy. I respect him.
And when he tells me he needs to screw my wife for his wider interests, I stand with him on that issue.

But to be fair and honest, no countries help another for pure altruistic reasons.

If you want to #@*w my wife fair one, but I will need to see the colour of your $

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't think I've ever met a Brit I didn't like. They are friendly, unpretentious people who have a thing for hot tea that I don't understand (in the South USA, our tea is iced. Yum yum). I loved my time in England and hope to have the opportunity to go back someday.

Cheers, me mucker!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I don't think I've ever met a Brit I didn't like. They are friendly, unpretentious people who have a thing for hot tea that I don't understand (in the South USA, our tea is iced. Yum yum). I loved my time in England and hope to have the opportunity to go back someday.

Cheers, me mucker!

Aye aye Smylee; Iced Tea it angrys up the blood I tells ya.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Well, I'm not your cousin, so all is fine.

I'll have some of that wonderful tea, please.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
reply to post by hotel1

Well, I'm not your cousin, so all is fine.

I'll have some of that wonderful tea, please.

Why dont you come over here for a Devonshire Cream Tea of Scones, Jam, and Clotted Cream, now thats the calories Im talking about. Stand by for a Cornishman to say that its cream before jam.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies

It is 0128 GMT and I have nearly drunk enough to make me want to go to bed. My telly has stopped working, and my digital radio is only picking up static, and there is a guargantuan black and white feline behemoth that is telling me its time to turn it in for the night. So I will sign off by wishing you all sweet dreams.

Regards Friends.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
To get a lot of view.. name the title "How to obtain Free Beer and Bacon For Life".

Oh yeah, USA don't care about the country unless they can get something in return.

What do you have UK?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
To get a lot of view.. name the title "How to obtain Free Beer and Bacon For Life".

Oh yeah, USA don't care about the country unless they can get something in return.

What do you have UK?

Stirling

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

The best title, given the lack of good threads or critical thinking on them, would be;

Free stars if you come in and say anything!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Cheers, me mucker!

Let me hear a beautiful women with a soft voice and an English accent and I melt like butter. MMmmmm!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Cheers, me mucker!

Can't we all just get along!?
Orange pekoe hot tea is great!
Iced tea is great as well!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
We love you too! My family traces back to the revolution but we are the same. We come from the same stock if you will and will always stand by our UK brothers and sisters.

Thinking globally we are all brothers and sisters cut from the same cloth. We all love, fear, wish, dream, hope....everything we want for the world all people want. No starvation, no war, no bigotry...a true brotherhood/sisterhood for man and woman.

Hopefully we will get there someday.

Cheers....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Can't we all just get along!?
Orange pekoe hot tea is great!
Iced tea is great as well!

Yeah well, thanks to Captain Piccard of Star Trek I had to try Earl Grey tea. It was bloody awful!

join