It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is the ultimate strawman

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I never included myself in anything. And I'm American. You know what assuming does...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

So because we disagree with how Alex Jones handled himself, we are the cry babies who represent piers Morgan? And we need to grow up. ...

Sorry, when you said "we" I thought you meant "we, here in the UK." Sorry for assuming.

Still, I stand by everything else I said.
edit on 14-1-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
you all seem to forget that alex was screaming about waco texas, and 911 been an inside job long before it was popular.

now what interest does that serve to the guilty party?

none, more damaging than anything.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
you all seem to forget that alex was screaming about waco texas, and 911 been an inside job long before it was popular.

now what interest does that serve to the guilty party?

none, more damaging than anything.

I think that because of his wide reach he may have had a hand in making the 911-was-an-inside-job "popular".
I've listened to him for years, and sometimes he's embarrasing to watch, other times he's hilarious, and lately rather egotistical. But, I think that on a level line he's pretty accurate overall. Has nayone seen the move "The Fatherland" with Nick Nolte? Everytime I get to thinking Alex is genuine, that movie haunts me.
Some times he has rather stellar interviews, and today's with the "Obama Phone Lady" was one of those, other times it's the usual "cast of characters" getting together and giving a performance. I'll probably always listen to his shows, but sometimes I get tired of the ranting. I can't keep up with that level of energy so I go youtube recent shows of Coast to Coast to get similar interviews but at much calmer pace.
Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Then what has started this recent surge in MSM exposure ?

The slaughter of those babies and the continued unquenchable outcry for gun control in the wake of it . It's brought all them roaches out from among the cracks of the floorboards.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I listen to his show every night while at work because I'm here alone for 8 hours and I believe in the message but not the man himself if that makes sense. He constantly contradicts himself and shuts down any one that calls in and disagrees with him. He talks about how the main steam media will spit out stories hoping no one looks into the facts, but he does the exact same thing. If you look into half the "facts" he throws out you will see how he pads the stats to make things look a lot worse than they are. Why? Doom sellls and he's all about the money and feeling that he's number one.
edit on 16-1-2013 by JimisDad because: misspelled word.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Idiocracy

Already happening. I was having an argument about guns on facebook.. completely calm and logical, making concise points, and when I got the guy in a corner it came out: "you sound like Alex Jones."

I was like.. no I am not a fan.. BUT NOW I SOUND LIKE ALEX JONES!
edit on 16-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The trend is becoming painfully clear. Most gun mongers like Alex Jones, are conservative. Those sane conservatives tend to be the majority of those who think sandy hook was a hoax to come after our guns.

Sad.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

So is that what this whole thread was about? Discrediting conservatives?

I thought it was about about Alex Jones being a "strawman".

Or is it just a veiled attempt at lumping gun owners, Alex Jones, conservatives and anybody that doesnt agree with you into one big pile of insanity?

...and dont give me that "new guy" crap, I have just as much of a right to post on this website as you do.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Then don't act new. There's plenty of posts here. One post does not define a thread

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Nicks87

Then don't act new. There's plenty of posts here. One post does not define a thread

You seem to be very acidic and mean to those of us who don't particularly agree with you. No offense intended.

Just saying... lighten up a bit, maybe?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Don't act new? What does that even mean?

Don't disagree with people that have more posts than I do?

Ah, yeah sure, I'm moving on now...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Um no. It means take the time to read the entire thread rather than just cherry picking one post to define a thread. Sure, vets do it as well. But you honestly can't have any clue what my "agenda" is when I've been here over 6 years abs you've been here a few days that's all I meant.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You see it as mean. I see it as reacting to people not having an honest debate.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hmmmm, but Icke has got it all figured out, huh?

When did this turn into an Icke thread?
The weakest defense is a strong offense and you're playing it very well. Alex should be proud.

You, Alex Jones and the rest of you flag waving patriots can load, cock and lock all the guns you want then, lie and wait for decades!

I and the others will live our lives fearlessly.
Must suck being you!

edit on 16-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Exactly. Everyone please go hide in those bunkers. I'd prefer a shorter line at the crappy chick flick I'm taking the wife to tonight.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You see it as mean. I see it as reacting to people not having an honest debate.

Well, I didn't mean "mean" so much as I meant "cold."

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Cold is a natural reaction to fear mongering though. There was a point when I bought into it. Then as time passed and predictions were wrong and generalized I went to taking it with a grain of salt. Now that he's where he's at in 2012 I'm cold to aj and those who push his agenda.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Alex Jones is standing up for American's rights and I respect him even more for telling Piers Morgan to go shove it.

I especially loved it when AJ threw in the British accent and nearly made Mr. Morgan blow a gasket.

Good times!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

So what you're saying is, he should not have sponsors? And if he CAN have sponsors, he shouldn't promote said sponsors? They came to him, because of his message. It's not like he's pushing pills from Bayer or Pfizer, Sandoz, etc.

I think he's legitimate. But just being legit doesn't cut it. To be on the air, you HAVE to have some gimmick or personality, etc. or you won't keep listeners. This is why Peter Schiff will never have at big a following as AJ. He's a very smart fellow, who will tell you how it is (economically speaking). But he's boring. AJ makes you WANT to watch and listen, even if you disagree with him (much like Howard Stern, for example).
Anyway, I digress. He has a certain listenership. There are sponsors who can make money by producing what these listeners want (you know... the free market thing).
Real or fake, you can't base it all on the fact that the man has a good relationship with his sponsors.

*I have 17 years in broadcasting. I'm not taking sides on Jones' legitimacy. I'm just saying that your sponsorship argument is bunk

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join