It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is the ultimate strawman

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by occrest
Personally, I was convinced that Alex Jones was a disinformation agent when I saw his video on Bohemian Grove.
A film crew doesn't get that close to that many heads of state without being allowed to. Especially if the events purported to go on there are an actuality.

Correct. Which is why a hidden camera was used. So now you have no reason to believe him to be a dis info agent.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
If a "conspiracy theorist" is making big bank via viewers/followers, then they are not legit in my view. I mentioned this exact thought (regarding Alex Jones) to a co-worker last week following the Piers Morgan interview.

I would not be shocked at all to learn for a fact that Alex is on the dole from the exact people he claims to be exposing.
edit on 1/13/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

I'm curious as to how you yourself would produce quality portable videos for hundreds of thousands if you didn't charge any money, sir.

He's a radio show host, a film-maker, and actor. Should he not be making money? Whatever you were discussing with your friend, please share with us, because I still don't understand where your suspicions have arisen from.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

Originally posted by onequestion
If your not making money then how do you get the message out?

That argument is bunk everyone needs to make a living. If you dont understand that on a basic level then i dont know what to tell you.

The fact is that alex jones weather you believe in him or not gets a message across and believe it or not gets information out.

If you can do better then get out of your ivory towers and do it.
edit on 13-1-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

With a net worth of over $5 million, I think Alex Jones is doing a bit better than "making a living". He is using the very paradigm that he claims is destroying the country and the world to make himself a wealthy man, that spells hypocrisy to me.

Having money is no reason to label someone as a hypocrite. Some people choose to make money to bring positive change. I'd like to see the evidence for the rest of what you said, otherwise it appears as pure speculation.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Ewok_Boba because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Why should anyone listen to you ewok? Weren't you the one who promised video footage of ascending with your mom who talks to light beings? I'm not surprised you're in the defend Alex Jones camp. He is rude and crass, just like you are in that thread of yours.

And you completely miss the point about the money, as usual.
edit on 14-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I've conceded elsewhere that sure, some people were of course turned off by the way he carried himself. But I don't really concern myself with the type of low level thinking people who are so superficial that they can't even see past the messenger to understand a very simple and clear message of freedom against tyranny. Whether this message is shouted loudly by Alex talking over a jerk like Piers or spoken more quietly as Joshua Boston did (whom I also support 100%), the message remains the same.

Also, all of the Alex bashers conveniently leave out the many people who are new to Alex Jones who liked his aggressive style or didn't care for it but are able to look past it and still agreed with his message. I've spent plenty of time on the comments section of the most popular youtube vid of the Piers appearance and like here on ATS, so many familiar to Alex are so worried about offending people, and yet I see so many others new to Alex who embraced him steamrolling over the smug and arrogant Piers. So many people loved it and now support Alex to the fullest.

We got to stop trying to cater to the average MSM watching American!! If they're scarred off by AJ using Piers own bullying tactics against him then that's their fault! Once again the message remains the same.

Piers's show has a lot of viewership and power and for him to be spreading his anti-Constitutional views, especially as a foreigner, he deserves everything that Alex sent his way.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind

You lost me at spending your time on the comments section of YouTube.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedimind

We got to stop trying to cater to the average MSM watching American!!
Therein Lies your MASSIVE Fail.
That Debate was NOT for you, your mind will never change.
That Debate was NOT for the People Dug In on BOTH sides of the Arguement, their minds will Never Change.

That Morgan/Jones debate WAS FOR, Mom and Pop Couch Dweller-Fence Sitter who has the Same Number Of Votes as you. ONE

And what they saw was a Frothing at the Mouth Lunatic who wants guns..

AJ should be Deported for doing More Harm to the 2nd , Than Piers EVER Could.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Theres a difference between putting food on the table and creating multi millions in worth. Thats thinking long term. And I commend AJ for that. But anyone who truly believed the dollar would fail in a month wouldnt care about making said dollar.

Okay so you are saying it's fine to make a little bit of money just not millions. How much do you think should be the cutoff $50k, $75k? and when he reaches the limit should he stop selling products until next year or just start giving it away for free?

Do you think it's possible that people like what he is selling? What currency should he be accepting instead of the US Dollars. And what if he takes his money and invests it in gold, silver, real estate or some other thing that he believes is not going to fail in a month?

As for him mongering more than the msm, again thats my point. One in the same.

No not one in the same. He talks about government lies... In other words he tells the truth.

ATS? Its an idea that makes money. But I dont see SO posting threads claiming anything like AJ. Just a truth seeker with a good idea. He was able to leave his job and make this a full time gig.

Didn't you get a U2U with THIS thread a few weeks a go?

ATS encourages threads about issues like AJ claims and even sends some of their own threads in a private message to all members.

You started a thread in "Conspiracy Theorists" section of the forum and ATS describes the topics this way.

Conspiracy Theorists: This forum is dedicated to the discussion about the ideas, speculations, and theories of popular conspiracy theorists, UFO researchers, and other alternative topics personalities. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Isn't Alex Jones show is about same issues (without the UFO research)?

(note to the staff.. Nothing personal, I'm only trying to make a point)

Again, he isnt selling me anything based on his predictions.

That is my point exactly... You don't have to spend a dime to listen to his show and watch his videos. I find AJ extremely annoying but he talks about real issues and a lot of what he was saying years a go are turning out to be true. He sells stuff for US Dollars because in America you need US dollars to buy stuff.

Yes even people like Alex Jones need a Federal Reserve note to pay his bills. He actually has some good products like supplements, water filters, and books that he did not write himself. I know that for some people it's very hard to understand the money could be used for good things, but the fact is AJ does not force anybody to buy anything if they want to hear what he has to say, but if people like something in his store he wants to get paid in the only currency the US recognize at this time.

I spent zero dollars for his iPhone app and I listen to him and his commercials once in a while. I also spent zero dollars for my local radio stations and every few minutes they also run commercials for things that I don't want, the difference is that between commercials AJ sometimes talks about real things that effect me... my local station... not so much.
edit on 14-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ultimate strawman, disinformant, obnoxious blowhard indeed, whether or not he's actively in league with the real power structure. He's playing right into their hands either way. When or if Jones and his ilk - or any of the countless other pseudo-revolutionaries (when even pseudo-) out there, for that matter - start preaching-teaching about the problem that is THE most basic concept of secrecy-BASED government (National "Security" STATE etc.) in general, the need to reveal the unexplained, or as much of it as possible as in UFOs and close encounters, and the vast importance of higher consciousness and knowledge, then and ONLY then will I be able to take him and/or them seriously. Anyone else is just another loudmouth redneck dumba$$.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Honestly--and I know I'm gonna get heat for this--I believe in Alex. I've heard people talk smack about him, and I hear theories about very small connections he has to certain conspiracy-related organizations, but I've never seen or heard any real proof proving him to be a shill.

Not to mention, he's very emotionally involved in his job. It doesn't seem fake to me. It's hard to act out that much passion, and I think it's genuine.

I've had doubts about Alex, but I came to this conclusion. Take him for what he is; a human being.

He isn't going to do everything perfectly, and he isn't going to carry out his job in the same ways some of us would, given the chance. He's going to do it how HE does it. How HE thinks and feels.

You can say it's about the money, but I don't really buy that either. Why?

Look at his lifestyle. He barely has time for his family and friends, let alone getting spare time to go out and spend chunks of money on things he wouldn't have time to use. He is consumed by his job and his passion, and sure, money is going to be part of his motivation, but he is a human being making a living. He has to strive for money, just like the rest of us.

If you're throwing the strawman tactic out there, pay more attention to David Icke.

I don't know as much about David Icke, and I'm not saying he's a liar or anything, I'm just suggesting that he is probrably a lot more likely to be using such a tactic than Alex Jones. Why?

Listen to David Icke's message, compared to Alex's.

Alex speaks of documented facts, statistics, police state, and the threat of government.

David Icke speaks of reptillians.

Which one sounds more like a pre-planted theory that no one will believe?

On Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory, Alex once said that the idea of Reptillians was more of a distraction from bigger issues that are ignored most of the time.

On a whole, despite whatever his character flaws may be, I like Alex, and I believe he's genuine.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't really care for AJ's style, whenever I open one of his infowars links from another site I almost always close it immediately. With that being said, what is so different from the op speculating about AJ being a disinfo agent, and AJ speculating about current events?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I don't normally listen to Alex during the week but because of this thread I AM! He's got the ultimate DEMOCRAT STRAW-WOMEN on, "Obama-Phone Woman" - what a COUP - even offered her and her husband a job!? He's actually taking phone calls instead of talking about himself endlessly... Infowars and Prison Planet are half decent news sites, Jones' show is half decent and his truths are often half true - but at least his show and sites highlight the COMPLETE LIES uttered by the MSM on many occasions... Come on, get a sense of humour and take your medicine with a little COMEDIC SUGAR.... If you want the real news AND real satire, and a Scotsman called DEEK JACKSON, tune in to the FKN NEWZ youtube channel - that's my advice.... "The planet's f**ked, it's YOUR FAULT - and it's GETTING WORSE"!
edit on 14-1-2013 by PrivateSi because: Spelling, grammar, points

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I Think it was David Icke then it was Alex that woke. I can't remember how exactly I found out about these guys but they lead me down the garden path for awhile. Alot of their stuff is true. Me, you, Alex, David all have our opinions based on how we were raised and some of that clouds our perception of things. No one is perfect and we do get things wrong. I believed something for years and it was like a punch in the face to find out it was wrong which lead me to question what else am I wrong about. Dont be afraid to be wrong and take the good points these guys make and discard the bad points. Alex is like a dog after a rabbit which I think skews his views.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
I Think it was David Icke then it was Alex that woke. I can't remember how exactly I found out about these guys but they lead me down the garden path for awhile. Alot of their stuff is true. Me, you, Alex, David all have our opinions based on how we were raised and some of that clouds our perception of things. No one is perfect and we do get things wrong. I believed something for years and it was like a punch in the face to find out it was wrong which lead me to question what else am I wrong about. Dont be afraid to be wrong and take the good points these guys make and discard the bad points. Alex is like a dog after a rabbit which I think skews his views.

It's just emotion. Anger can skew your views a little, but so many people think that his anger is a sign of lunacy, because everyone's become so numb, apathetic, and drone-like, any expression of strong emotion is scary and wrong.

That's why I said, take him for what he is, a human being. Real human beings have emotion.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

It's just emotion. Anger can skew your views a little, but so many people think that his anger is a sign of lunacy, because everyone's become so numb, apathetic, and drone-like, any expression of strong emotion is scary and wrong.

That's why I said, take him for what he is, a human being. Real human beings have emotion.

thank you!! 2 men with actual human knowledge. we all are wrong many times in life, so does that mean don't trust anything i say forever?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaeTheShaman

thank you!! 2 men with actual human knowledge. we all are wrong many times in life, so does that mean don't trust anything i say forever?

Exactly! Like I said, we're all just human. Expecting us to be perfect in order to gain your trust is foolish.

A lot of people don't understand the difference between a leader and a God.

God is perfect, and you follow him forever. A leader is someone who expresses strong beliefs and leads others behind similar beliefs. You can't expect a leader to be God, and that's why a lot of people talk smack about Alex Jones. "Ohh, he got angry! That might not look good to everyone who sees it! Alex Jones must be a shill and a traitor!"

Come on... really, people?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Exactly! Like I said, we're all just human. Expecting us to be perfect in order to gain your trust is foolish.

God is perfect, and you follow him forever. A leader is someone who expresses strong beliefs and leads others behind similar beliefs. You can't expect a leader to be God, and that's why a lot of people talk smack about Alex Jones. "Ohh, he got angry! That might not look good to everyone who sees it! Alex Jones must be a shill and a traitor!"

damn! keep dropping these gems on people who don't take the time to think for a few moments on what its like to be human.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

and aj and you destroy the argument by calling people morons and idiots. It's immature and rude. Who wants to listen to an immature rude person.

You are right it's immature and rude.

You know what else is rude? Telling me that what happening in this picture is the result of fire and structural damage on the other side of the building only.

Side issue.. Are those lucky lottery numbers in your avatar?

edit on 14-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

damn! keep dropping these gems on people who don't take the time to think for a few moments on what its like to be human.

HELL yeah.

People who whine about Alex's tactics are crybabies with a Piers Morgan attitude, people who think their dookie don't stink. Don't trash talk other people just because they don't fit your cookie-cutter image of a perfect person, people.

Grow up!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

For someone who was actively involved with We Are Change NY for almost 4 years, Alex Jones ruined the movement.

So I have to re-evaluate the OP's quandary. Alex Jones just might be the boogie-man strawman after all!!

And here's a news flash. All these modern wars?.....they're all based on false flags. Right down to Vietnam!
So "Operation Kick the Middle East Arses" (with no end in sight)...is no different. Funny, both leaders are dead and the US is still over there.
Man, I can't even begin to express how embarrassing it is to be called an American!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join