It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is the ultimate strawman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Human_Alien

Alex doesn't claim to be a prophet.

He gets bad intel just like anyway can...

I didn't realize the Intel hung out in his gut! Do you realize how many times he says that? "I feel it in my gut"
Yeah okay.

Alex Jones has said MANY times that it was due to his exposing the enemy that, thwarted......some diabolical event.

He's an idiot with an ego and a bunch of pumped up-testosterone charged men from 18-32 yrs old, are his audience!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

How is he selling his predictions?

His show is FREE for crying out loud.

You didn't research that before starting this thread?

Have you ever even visited his website?

Of course he's selling stuff on the side, but the message has always been free!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I don't get How people can watch your video and still take Aj seriously.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hmmmm, but Icke has got it all figured out, huh?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

And that's my point.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You just have to have a sense of humour, that's all.

The guy is admittedly over the top and not perfect.

Seeing the forest for the trees and all that.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

And that's my point.

But...earlier you posted this:

To be clear, I didnt say that he was a dis info agent because he was making money.

So, which is it?

Is anyone with a message allowed to make a profit, or not?

Would you be happy if he was living in a van down by the river, shouting in a megaphone to the fish?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
When his profits revolve around a show in which he sells advertising, its not hard to see hes laughing his was to the bank. IF his predictions came true, then it would be a different story.

And again, that doesnt make him a dis info agent. Lots of other things do that.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The problem with that argument is that IF his predictions come true, we won't be discussing it here on ATS...

It'll be too late for all of us.

He's been pretty spot-on about Bin Laden and 9/11 though, as I posted earlier.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Listening to his latest show from Friday.. 12 seconds into the show he sells his t shirt hes wearing... Laughable.

Edit to add, 2 minutes in hes making the excuse he was sick and thats why he flubbed morgans show??
edit on 13-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I was on the fence for some time about Alex Jones. After my DHS incident back in October I got to be on his show a few times including in person. I was at their studios for about 5 hours and I met most of his staff. Most were non-believers in most of his theories when he hired them. I can confirm that first hand as I had conversations with several of them. I can tell you that Alex is strong in his convictions and truly believes in what he is doing. Yes he runs a business and it does make money. I have seen what that money is going towards firsthand; a massive expansion. They are trying to get the truth out to as many people as possible.

I did think Alex went a bit overboard on pierce Morgans show, but now I think it was a smart move. It got most of the MSM talking about Alex Jones so some of the brain dead masses may look into this Alex Jones character, and who knows some may actually start asking the correct questions. Now I do know that people can feed Alex false information and even the MSM gets caught up in it. The truth is, there is plenty of misinformation out there ... Steve Quayle for instance. I don't like how some of the Infowars headlines are sensationalized but most media does it.

I can only testify to what I have seen in person and what i have observed as a occasional listener to Alex's show since 2005, in my opinion I do not think he is paid opposition. His audience is too small and most here know the MSM fills that role to the "T"

Input = Output ... if the input is false so is the output .... Don't shoot the messenger if the source fed the messenger false or misleading information.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Now the question is, did aj go over the top because he wanted to make a point, or because he's nuts.

I think it's both. He is definitely nuts and he made a point that he is pissed off and will not give up his second amendment without a fight.

And spread that by making all of us in the conspiracy theory work look ridiculous.

He is loud, he is obnoxious, he is annoying, he acts like a madman but he tells the TRUTH. As much as I can't listen to him for more than 15 minutes without vomiting, I cannot deny that a lot of what he is saying is in fact true.

When he gets into his crazy rants he does make himself look ridiculous but he does not represent me. Personally I only care about what he is saying, not how he is saying it.

But given this latest escapade on cnn, I'm convinced now more than ever he is a complete disinformation agent.

Can you give a few examples of disinformation he is spreading?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
LMAO now Im hearing his advertisers... " If you want an AMERICAN COMPANY" Come on. Its obvious who he thinks his listeners are and who hes pandering to. Make the connection.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Go to the page before and watch the video HA posted about his 45 failed predictions. Lots of dis info there.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hey, at least we got OP to listen to his show...

Dude, open your mind just a bit and listen to what he's saying, he's telling the truth as he sees it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Listening to his latest show from Friday.. 12 seconds into the show he sells his t shirt hes wearing... Laughable.

Did you buy one? Do you have to buy something to listen to his show or watch his videos?

Just curious...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Hey, at least we got OP to listen to his show...

Dude, open your mind just a bit and listen to what he's saying, he's telling the truth as he sees it.

I used to watch his documentaries. That was before he turned every little thing into something for him to rant about.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I must say, almost every topic that is what I and others considered to be a stretch, posted on ats, is something he mentions on his show... I find that curious and interesting.

IE the obama armed guard thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Go to the page before and watch the video HA posted about his 45 failed predictions. Lots of dis info there.

I watched that video before but all I hear is a bunch of edited soundbites of people making predictions. Is he a very bad psychic or is he actually spreading disinformation?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

I watched that video before but all I hear is a bunch of edited soundbites of people making predictions. Is he a very bad psychic or is he actually spreading disinformation?

People? 90% are his and the others are callers he picks. They are his failed fear mongering predictions. ITs the fear mongering that is the dis info

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join