It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is the ultimate strawman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

I completely agree with you!

Either these charades are orchestrated by a small and incompetent group or they are meticulously scripted for a world-wide audience. Part of the audience will believe the events are real, some will see the obvious mistakes in production. And it doesn't take a mental giant to see the flaws these days. The real question is, what is the purpose?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Some one else mentioned this in another thread off topic which i responded before i saw this thread. copy and paste:

Alex Jones would attract the 2nd amendment types that are angry (not all 2nd amendment supporters but the ones that focus on government control as an enemy) and they might put up a fight rather than being penned in for their safety.

Then you have David Icke that attracts all the sensationalist outer space types that would buy into stories that most others would consider them mentally unstable for considering.

Then the Glen Beck types, a little more rational than the Alex Jones types. These types could possibly move into political positions of influence and try and steer the government from the inside.

I understand i my have the wrong take on these guys in some peoples opinions, but the point is... Having different poster boys with different fundamental views reflecting the levels of dissatisfaction with the current system will help them round everyone into different circles and know what to do with them.

David Icke supporters = mental hospital

Alex Jones supporters = Jail

Glen Beck supporters = Controlled opposition.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hurdygurdy
reply to post by ausername

I completely agree with you!

Either these charades are orchestrated by a small and incompetent group or they are meticulously scripted for a world-wide audience. Part of the audience will believe the events are real, some will see the obvious mistakes in production. And it doesn't take a mental giant to see the flaws these days. The real question is, what is the purpose?

To stigmatize the opposition for political objectives, and especially to make all legitimate conspiracy theorists appear to be completely insane.

It is a great tactic, and can force people away from the issues because of social fears of affiliation.
edit on 13-1-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

If Alex Jones used all of the money he makes to fund the "resistance", while allowing himself a nominal support, I may think otherwise. He lives a life of privilege, funded by the paranoia of his followers, much like a cult leader would.

Sorry, no sale here.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
reply to post by Konduit

If Alex Jones used all of the money he makes to fund the "resistance"

Starting from a 6x10 room in his basement to creating a world wide alternative media source over the course of 17 years, yeah he doesn't put any money into the "resistance"... when was the last time you woke someone up?
edit on 13-1-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Can you supply us with facts and numbers supporting your theory? If not please go away.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Can you supply us with facts and numbers supporting your theory? If not please go away.

Why is it the first thing some do on ATS is say go away if they dont do exactly what you ask of them. Should he support his posts with facts? Yea. But because he is saying something you dont like, you wish him to go away. Cant well all just debate without telling someone to leave?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think you mean "ultimate" not "penultimate" (next to last)....but I tend to agree that he is a "strawman" from the argument frame of reference and "controlled opposition" from the conspiracy movement perspective. I think that even tho he is in Austin, TX which is a popular area for some NWO/eugenicists types I think that he started his career sincerely going after the land grabbers in the municipal government who used zoning and contemporary manifest destiny to take peoples lands at pennies on the dollar and then let their business friends develop it. I think he got carried away with sensationalism and ratings as obvious on Y2K (before I listened to him but I heard about it). He does put out some good news and information but not anything not available elsewhere. He is not smart enough (good work ethic but just seems to struggle with simple math and words quite a bit) to do all of the research for his show (including guys like Aaron Dykes)...and likely has handlers. What happened, I believe (personal hypothesis), is that he sold out. He may have even been made a "deal that he couldnt refuse" (ie, get rich or get killed)....and his family comes first (over country I think despite his rhetoric) and he probably rationalized that his family was in danger so he took the money. He may also have rationalized that they will let him "get the word out" but the trade off is that he is providing phone #s and ISP addresses of "dissenters".....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Yea I did, I was using my new Galaxy note 10.1 to write the post and I guess I had used that word earlier somewhere else and it picked it for me while i was writing it out. Oops

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Has this been a set up from the beginning of his career, or was he bought along the way. That part I'm not sure about.

There hasn't been a change in delivery, he's basically maintained this level of "crazy" (for lack of a better term) for years and years. It's consistent.

I don't get the argument of "well he's in it for a profit so that makes it disinfo or bad"...We're ALL in it for a profit, that's a silly argument. Is the man not allowed to make a living or what?

Alex scares people because he speaks what he believes ( and is in many cases verifiably) the truth.

The truth hurts, it really is stranger than fiction.

If people woke up, it would blow their minds, change their realities.

They would have to do something about it!

Now, wouldn't that be terrible?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
To be clear, I didnt say that he was a dis info agent because he was making money.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

No, you didn't. However, that is a common argument against AJ and it's already popped up in your thread...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm going to go one further than you and say, Mr Jones most likely isn't a strawman. He's a certified clown.
Whatever the problem de jour is, AJ spins and churns it until it's unrecognizable. And he is indirectly breeding a very dangerous, ugly and angry cult who want guns!!!

He takes whatever the global concern might be (terrorists, banksters, weather control, wars etc) and predicts things so unprecedented that it is down right scary. He's a fool. A clown. A joke. These fundamental radical right-winged Christians as he is, Neo-Con if you will.... love to live their life in a death wish scenario. It's always the end of something. They don't enjoy life for they're too busy preparing for the end!!

In the year 2013 I would hope more than half the world would wake up to the dog-and-pony shows these clowns are staging. And it goes for the left wing radical new-agers too. These extreme believers are dangerous. We have a very high profile new-ager, George Kavassilas predicting the Earth will implode into a second Sun in March this year. He's just a spiritual Alex Jones!

So.....let's face it, if we continue another million years someone is bound to get something right one of these millennium, but the way these groups (who have a large internet following) are acting, is not only an embarrassment to this race but it's extremely dangerous because the Human race, as a whole, are looking for answers because this world isn't making sense anymore. Jim Jones come to mind. Ironic the last name.

45 Failed Alex Jones Predictions

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I always love seeing all the failed predictions of AJ. Interesting how his believers seem to forget all of these, or write them off which is even more entertaining.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

He gets fired up and that can be good at times but when he was on Piers Morgan's show his antics gave credence to the popular belief that people who act like lunatics should not have guns (especially after Sandy Hook). Typical behavior of someone trying to sabotage a cause (guilt by association).

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

He also gave credence that those who believe in conspiracy theories are as crazy as he is. Dark day in the history of conspiracy theories.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Alex doesn't claim to be a prophet.

He gets bad intel just like anyway can...

Here's a pretty good "prediction" from July 2001 however:

Longer version:

It is easy to make fun of Alex, as well. Not saying you are doing this, but many weaker-minded skeptics do.

I'm sure Alex would even find this video funny, I couldn't stop watching it when I saw it:

I'm probably helping the naysayers here, but that's funny, I don't care who you are
Gotta love Alex!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

When you sell your predictions for profit. You are a modern day prophet.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

David Icke supporters = mental hospital

Alex Jones supporters = Jail

Glen Beck supporters = Controlled opposition.

David Icke is sharing ancient KNOWLEDGE. It just doesn't fit into our preconditioned belief system. You can't argue with cave drawings, turn-of-the-century arworkt, ancient artifacts, Shaman and Native American tales, books, writings, ancient tablets, myths and legends! It's all a matter of interpretation that's all. If he were so off the wall I don't think the History Channel (or whoever) would have such a stellar show with ancient aliens. Our history is changing. And people rebel.

He is no where NEAR being a Beck or Jones.

If he doesn't resonate with you then don't pay him any mind. There is zero harm coming from that man. Beck and Jones are perpetuating anger and hate. They are racists and alarmists. Icke falls no where near the two. So please, come up with a different third man. I elect David Wilcock!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Icke believes in hollow-Earth Reptilians!

I will agree with you, he's in a whole different class...

AJ has him on the show from time-to-time, they seem to share some views and are cordial. You knew that, right?

Alex does kind of pick on him for the shape-shifting stuff.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join