It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is the ultimate strawman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hasn't it become extremely obvious at this point? I'm not here to debate the validity of one conspiracy vs another. But when you review all of what Alex has said recently, it seems like he's using a short of reverse strawman tactic.

He's literally tptb's penultimate strawman. Remeber to yourself what the strawman argument is. Take a conspiracy and then give the public a theory. Make that theory as crazy as you can realistically make it. Then prove it to be false later to the world. Then use said argument as proof that conspiracies are crazy, wrong, and not safe for consumption.

How do you up the ante? Don't take on a conspiracy, take on the movement. Who better than Alex Jones. Now, here's the question... Has this been a set up from the beginning of his career, or was he bought along the way. That part I'm not sure about. Perhaps we could use this thread to examine his career and look for any extreme changes in presentation, delivery, sponsors, etc.

Note caveat, I know some of you truly believe in aj, and I'm not here to insult you. As always I welcome dissenting opinion, just because you disagree with my premise doesn't mean I don't want you here. If you could disprove this, I welcome the idea. But given this latest escapade on cnn, I'm convinced now more than ever he is a complete disinformation agent. Folks tv is planned. Even these interviews are in a way planned. To tell me that wasn't exactly how Morgan wanted that interview to go would be laughable. Now the question is, did aj go over the top because he wanted to make a point, or because he's nuts. If he's making a point, then which one ? To spread the word faster by being loud and obnoxious, or spread dis info. And spread that by making all of us in the conspiracy theory work look ridiculous.
A J from 2002

AJ from 2012

edit on 13-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
AJ is about one thing $$$$$$. He has an audience that he caters to. They expect to hear wild and crazy things from the guy but, most of them just listen for fun. Sure he has small group of true believers but, if they were not buying into his stuff they would be buying into some one elses. He is kind of annoying but, he is just trying to make a buck.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
He speaks in a fakey gruff voice, Doesn't anyone see through it? And then there were all those fake tears in the media...

Could it be possible all these fakers are sending a message? Like, it's all fake?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Personally, I was convinced that Alex Jones was a disinformation agent when I saw his video on Bohemian Grove.
A film crew doesn't get that close to that many heads of state without being allowed to. Especially if the events purported to go on there are an actuality.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hurdygurdy
He speaks in a fakey gruff voice, Doesn't anyone see through it? And then there were all those fake tears in the media...

Could it be possible all these fakers are sending a message? Like, it's all fake?

Like what, all conspiracies? Not sure exactly what you're implying is fake.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

He makes money scaring people about their immediate future, frightening them into purchasing his product and the product of his sponsors. When his predictions never come to pass, he claims it's because his viewers defeated the planned attack on America when in reality all his viewers are doing is just simply purchasing and spreading his garbage. They keep purchasing it because they really believe that their actions are somehow defeating the NWO by making others aware of their plans, so that they abandon them. They really believe that because they share videos on You Tube and purchase Alex Jones propaganda and that of his sponsors, they are effectively defeating evil. Alex Jones makes millions because he is always making up new conspiracies , setting up new deadlines and dates of SHTF events that the government is supposedly going to do to America and getting his folks to make more purchases because they think they are fighting the bad guys. Their proof ? Well, when what Alex Jones says never materializes, he tells them it's because of them and their support so they keep doing it over and over and over again really believing that they are fighting the establishment.

It's the Great SHTF Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

And every year, Alex Jones followers will sit out in that pumpkin patch waiting for it to show up. That's why they buy the seeds. That's why they have the guns and ammo. That's why they have holes dug into their backyards with home made underground shelters. Because the Great Pumpkin is coming and they are gonna be ready and they laugh at the rest of us and tell us, we are going to be begging them, trading our bodies in sexual favors for the scraps that fall from their make shift tables.(I kid you not, that's what one of them said on this website) They will be kings and queens among the rest of us because we will all be out there with nothing and we will beg at their feet because we don't know how to survive whatever is coming because Alex says so.

It's a sham and a scam and Alex is raking in millions of dollars on things that are not gonna happen.
edit on 13-1-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If a "conspiracy theorist" is making big bank via viewers/followers, then they are not legit in my view. I mentioned this exact thought (regarding Alex Jones) to a co-worker last week following the Piers Morgan interview.

I would not be shocked at all to learn for a fact that Alex is on the dole from the exact people he claims to be exposing.
edit on 1/13/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Agreed. The question is, is it government sponsored Or is he just making the millions on his own?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

He's doing it on his own.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Then what has started this recent surge in MSM exposure ?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Im just saying, when meetings and debates were held before the revolution i bet there was more yelling and violence happening then what we saw on CNN.

Get real people, its about time someone got angry.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If your not making money then how do you get the message out?

That argument is bunk everyone needs to make a living. If you dont understand that on a basic level then i dont know what to tell you.

The fact is that alex jones weather you believe in him or not gets a message across and believe it or not gets information out.

If you can do better then get out of your ivory towers and do it.
edit on 13-1-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Alex Jones is the ultimate performer.

He plays his role. His recent performance was Oscar worthy.

Alex Jones is your (conspiracy theorists) top representative, your leader, he speaks for all of YOU.

By design....

Enjoy the show, wear the affiliation with pride, shout out to the world that you too are a conspiracy theorist!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
If your not making money then how do you get the message out?

That argument is bunk everyone needs to make a living. If you dont understand that on a basic level then i dont know what to tell you.

The fact is that alex jones weather you believe in him or not gets a message across and believe it or not gets information out.

If you can do better then get out of your ivory towers and do it.
edit on 13-1-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

With a net worth of over $5 million, I think Alex Jones is doing a bit better than "making a living". He is using the very paradigm that he claims is destroying the country and the world to make himself a wealthy man, that spells hypocrisy to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Hi friend

A fact perhaps noteworthy to consider: Mr Jones' demographic fan base are single males from 18 to 32 years old.

Truth has no age group so ----- I think those numbers speak for themselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Alex Jones Net Worth
Rush Limbaugh Net Worth

What a joke.

Net worth includes the worth of current assets, property, businesses and projected income etc. Ask anyone who owns a house, a few vehicles and a business such as a restaurant or a gas station how much their net worth is, it's more then what Alex Jones makes.

People need to get a clue before they try to act like a bunch of smart asses.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

What is the point in comparing the net worth of Rush and AJ ?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How is making money with journalism any different from making money how alex jones or heck even the president makes money? Making money is a reason to lie but its not at all required or equal to lieing. This is all pure speculation based on nothing but opinion and bias.

Journalists lie all the time, but it still doesnt mean everything they report on is disinfo. Thats why we still watch the news. Same goes for Alex Jones and the president. Its just part of the job.
edit on 13-1-2013 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Just trying to point out the fallacy of saying AJ does it "for the money" when he has the net worth of any middle class business owner, and how someone with over a million viewers daily makes 100 times less then a guy that can barely break 100k.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join