It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone use electronic cigarettes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Something you do have to watch out for is I have the manual type with a button on the side.
It was in my pocket and it started getting very hot.The button was being pressed.
Ouch!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yeah one of the reasons I am leaning the way I am, from what I can tell Blu has no button and a convent pack/charger thingy.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

I used the Blu E-cig for about two weeks and came down with a severe case of pnemonia. The Doc told me that sometimes happens with E-cigs.

My reply? "WHY ME!"

He told me that it is the combination of quitting smoking so that the lungs are trying to heal, but yet a moisture based vapor being introduced into them at the same time.

It was nothing nice.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

I have seen many people smoking them and I thought hay why not try it. I picked one up started smoking it and then wondered what exactly email I smoking... It is propalinglycole.. Sorry about my spelling
Pretty much antifreeze same stuff in a smoke machine Ohh and propane... I don't know what's worse

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofmanyjedi

Your talking about Propylene Glycol..

It is also in holiday candies etc. You can read more about it here: Propylene Glycol Convo

There is also VG based E-juice if you prefer. I tried VG and it does put out a lot of vape, but I like the throat hit I get from Propylene Glycol (PG) better.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I just lost a well thought out post because my internet cut out, anyhow go for the blu cigs....... I smoked e cigs for 6 months straight without touching a real cig, didn't even want to start back up. This was before e cigs were available at chain stores and it was a pain waiting for shipments and flavors running out..... I will probably be going to blu soon myself, they're not as good as some you can get online but they are the easiest to get a hold of....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm a 4 year veteran myself,

Started out with the "Joye 510"
Upgraded to the "Joye EGO" about a year later,
Then came the "E-Power" with it's replaceable switches and MUCH cheaper batteries...

I still use it daily with a mini "ViVI Nova", and I am now the proud owner of a tube mod called a "VAMO" (variable voltage, variable power) which I use at home.

I like unflavored juice, and a liter lasts me more than a year...(depending on the strength I buy)

I smoked cigarettes for more than 40 years, And this is the only thing that's kept me off of them for this long.

Just make sure, if whatever you get uses lithium ion batteries (most do), that they have protection circuitry built in.
That will somewhat lessen the danger of catastrophic battery failure...

Don't even think about using batteries from "Radio Shack" for a tube mod, they might fit, but they can't handle the strain for this application, and WILL definitely fail catastrophically.

Tube Mods like the VAMO, use a safer chemistry, high drain (IMR) battery that doesn't need protection.
Though, They may still present a danger when they fail, They are less likely to explode.

If you want to learn almost all there is to know about electronic cigarettes, Google "ECF".
One of the most informative forums out there...

Happy vaping!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

Thank you for the information.... That's awsome... I found your comment funny...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashtonhz8907
reply to post by Gltichy

Was it the original Blu or the new "premium" models? I'm leaning heavily towards them because they seem simple easy and great quality 80% of the other sites seem shady to me.

edit on 1/13/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

Not sure honestly...it was last year, and maybe I just received a bad one of the bunch. I tend to travel along the lines of grabbing something before it gets TV ads, lol...and Blu is now off the market for me
In all seriousness though, I really like the blu flavors, but the pack I bought was either broken or I really had no idea how to screw something together

No matter you choice, good luck

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join