It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.F.O (The Movie).....OMG!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You have missed the entire point of the film, as has the poster that mentioned 'signs'. The movie is about how people may have to deal with other human reactions to aliens invading. It deals with the shock, fear, panic and desperation from the individuals perspective.
The films may not have been especially well made or scripted but if you watch them for what they are and what the message was meant to be then it makes them more enjoyable.
U.F.O. is yet another movie that throws the message out there that aliens have taken human form through either shapeshifting or cloning (it's not made clear which) and infiltrated human society and may even be controlling it, in preparation for the takeover.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Alien Invasion movies are all pretty silly though, IMO. Mostly because if aliens came here from vast distances and wanted our planet for themselves, it would be less than a contest. In fact the "war" would be almost comical. They'd just wipe us out. Like literally just as easily as it was for me to type that sentence. Haha

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Someone really needs to make a movie out of the late Gerry Anderson's 1970 TV show "UFO".
By the way, even in that TV show, we barely ever saw the aliens -- although we did often see their ships.

Anyway, I always thought that cult-classic TV show was ripe for a big-screen reboot.

EDIT TO ADD:
Opening Credits for TV's 'UFO"
(the opening theme music alone is a great reason to make a movie out of it!
):

edit on 1/13/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

I posted it on the first page

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

Well, considering this is the first I've HEARD OF the film, yeah, I guess I have missed its point. Haha

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Alien Invasion movies are all pretty silly though, IMO. Mostly because if aliens came here from vast distances and wanted our planet for themselves, it would be less than a contest. In fact the "war" would be almost comical. They'd just wipe us out. Like literally just as easily as it was for me to type that sentence. Haha

In the animal kingdom, especially in the world of insects, scouts are usually sent out first to determine what the best method of attack would be.
An invading alien species may have entirely UNhuman methods an approaches. Just because humans like to drop bombs and spray bullets, does not mean aliens would do the same. Infiltration and stealth may be more effective to meet their final agenda.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I loved that show. The jet/submarine combo rocked. And the hottie moon maidens.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

I would say that their level of technological superiority is SO GREAT that they could simply wipe us out in many ways we haven't even thought of. Heck, their level of genetic knowledge alone would be enough to destroy us via a super bug we cannot defend. Or any other way they wished. How about slamming the planet with an ELE asteroid?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx
Watch Iron Sky first,then watch Nazis at the centre of the earth,then watch UFO and you'll think it's the best movie ever made

Nazis at the centre of the earth...

I started to watch this and I was like ... Click, next movie. I think I got like 30 minutes into it. It was so lame and boring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join