It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.F.O (The Movie).....OMG!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Utterly the biggest pile of sci-fi garbage I've seen in a long while, just a heads up for those who are thinking of watching it.......don't bother. Grab yourself a copy of Indepenance Day...this film actually has a plot, and decent effects!

Still, Jean-Claude Van Damme's daughter Bianca Van Varenberg is the best thing since sliced bread I suppose, but even she doesn't manage to save the film.

You see no aliens what-so-ever throughout the film, just bad acting. Seriously, don't say I didn't warn any of you.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I thought I was on ATS and not Hollywood Access.

But since it is about UFOs I guess its ok =)

thanks for the warning I suppose.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

well, that's quite a review. if i was the producer i'd put that on the dvd cover and poster.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I personally don't care for some scifi movies that don't show the Aliens. To me, it shows they didn't have the special effects budget to pull it off.

Des

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You got a link to a trailer of this movie?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just a head's up guy that's all.

I'll put my life on the line when I say.....'You'll Thank Me Later'

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I personally don't care for some scifi movies that don't show the Aliens. To me, it shows they didn't have the special effects budget to pull it off.

Des

Have to disagree Des, The Fourth Kind showed NO aliens, and as far as I am concerned, it was a GREAT movie

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I said *some* in my post Homer. There are well made scifi movies with no Aliens showing....

Des

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I would have stopped when I saw Jean Claude Van Damme...he was cool when I was like 8

edit on 13-1-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Ok I'll give ya that, seen some TERRIBLE movies with aliens and couldn't watch the whole thing...
There is a recent one that comes to mind, can't remember the name of it, it's a MOCKUMENTARY takes place in South America somewhere....

ETA: found the trailer mentioned in the OP:
youtu.be...
edit on 1/13/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
One of the best alien invasion films i have seen was a low budget movie called 'Time Runner'. It starred Mark Hamill 'Luke Skywalker'.
The basis of the film was that the earth had been invaded by aliens and to try to stop it they send someone back in time to warn that it's going to happen in a bid to try to stop it.
A nice touch was that the time traveler landed in Roswell

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I guess it depends on the approach. Sometimes the "less is more" approach works great. Like with Signs. Love that movie.
Thanks, OP. Now I know not to bother.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

What a funky trailer. That looked like Obama staring up at the sky at one point....

TY for posting it Homer...

Des

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Watch Iron Sky first,then watch Nazis at the centre of the earth,then watch UFO and you'll think it's the best movie ever made

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Ugh, I watched Signs the other night, forgot how TERRIBLE that movie was...
Only redeeming part of the movie was when Mel Gibson walks in the living room and finds his 2children and brother sitting on the couch tin foil hats
Hmm...that would make for a GREAT avatar....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thought the trailer looked not too bad, but if that is the most exciting bits (and trailers usually show all the exciting bits) then I can see how perhaps the whole film is not so great. Thanks for the heads up

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The fourth kind wasn't an alien invasion movie was it, so shouldn't be compared IMO.
In 'time runner' the aliens had infiltrated and integrated into human society by taking human form. So the only aliens we see appear human but still a great film.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by JayinAR

Ugh, I watched Signs the other night, forgot how TERRIBLE that movie was...
Only redeeming part of the movie was when Mel Gibson walks in the living room and finds his 2children and brother sitting on the couch tin foil hats
Hmm...that would make for a GREAT avatar....

Go for it Homer....

Des

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yeah, Signs isn't for everyone. Glaring plot holes. Too much Jesus mumbo jumbo. Etc.

But I still like it mostly because it is well acted and I think Shamalan is a great director. As I said, its that less is more approach I like. Like never seeing the aliens until the end. The opening scene where there is almost no sound except the girl screaming and Gibson waking up with a start. For me it just works. Creates a great amount of tension.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
link of the tralior, i don't know what you're talking about

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join