It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reminding Alex Jones sympathizers about first amendment rights

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
In the aftermath of Alex Jones' disastrous interview with Piers Morgan on CNN, many of his sore sympathizers have made it more so apparent that they want him deported out of the country. There was a petition made where 100,000 folks signed demanding Piers be departed, 100,000 individuals whom can't handle an exercise of rights when it doesn't include them only. "He's not a citizen" they shout! "He's anti-american" they shout, as if these reasons justify silencing him. So what does the first amendment actually say?

AMENDMENT I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

www.law.cornell.edu...

The fact that the Framers chose to limit to citizens only the
rights to vote and to run for federal office is one indication that
they did not intend other constitutional rights to be so limited.
Accordingly, the Supreme Court has squarely stated that neither
the First Amendment nor the Fifth Amendment "acknowledges
any distinction between citizens and resident aliens."

Cole, D. (2003). Are foreign nationals entitled to the same Constitutional rights as citizens? George Town Law. pp370
scholarship.law.georgetown.edu...

In the first amendment regarding freedom of speech, it says nothing about citizens, it mentions people, this extends to American residents and those whom are legally residing in the country.

Even if Piers did not share the same first amendment rights with American citizens, the fact many are crying to have him deported because they disagreed with him shows a complete lack of respect to the rights we are afforded in this country, it also shows a loser mentality. People can't deal with what he says, so they want him taken away, and they want everybody to only listen to what they have to say and what rights they have.

There is a segment of the population in this country that are becoming increasingly tyrannical in their line of thinking, it's becoming evidently clear what kind of American the kind of people who sympathize with Alex Jones envision

When a democratic election does not go your way? Secede from the Union. Take your toys and leave because it didn't go your way.

When somebody says something you don't like on their air? Silence them, deport them, kick them out of the country.

When rulings like Lawrence v Texas, Brown v Board of education and Loving v Virginia reinforce rights afforded to individual Americans, cry foul and an injustice to states rights, completely ignore the rights of the individual.

Maybe it's time people also start looking into the mirror when they talk about tyranny, control, fascism.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well i think your right in a way. We definitely have an amendment battle going on here. Maybe that was the point the whole time?

First amendment vs second amendment, weird political conversation we have going on right now.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's funny when people bring up 1st amendment rights, but have no problem taking away 2nd amendments rights....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
It's funny when people bring up 1st amendment rights, but have no problem taking away 2nd amendments rights....

It's funny how people assume that those who support the 1st amendment want to take away 2nd amendment rights. It's funny how people think two wrongs make a right?

Isn't it funny?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
First amendment vs second amendment, weird political conversation we have going on right now.

Where in the OP does it say anything about the second amendment? And even if you feel somebody is infringing on your second amendment rights, does that mean it's right to rally against their first amendment rights?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Did I ever say that you were that person or was I just making a comment? Oh yea, I was just making a comment, if it was directed at you I would have hit reply to your OP instead of just posting a comment about the humor I find in the situation.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The huge majority of gun-haters dont give a damn about the 2nd Amendment, yet they are the ones who cry the loudest when they feel that someone is infringing upon the Rights that THEY themselves treasure. But its screw everyone else when it comes to Rights that dont apply to them. Hypocrites.

edit on 13-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ResistTreason

I say leave both amendments alone and lets go have a beer... IMO these things were not meant to be changed and to do so is criminal...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by ResistTreason

I say leave both amendments alone and lets go have a beer... IMO these things were not meant to be changed and to do so is criminal...

That sounds 100% fine with me!!

We need to stand up and protect ALL of our Rights... before ALL of them are taken one day.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Did I ever say that you were that person or was I just making a comment? Oh yea, I was just making a comment, if it was directed at you I would have hit reply to your OP instead of just posting a comment about the humor I find in the situation.

It doesn't matter whether you now claim your comment was not directed at me, no where in the OP was there any mention of the 2nd amendment. You certainly implied that those defending Piers were attacking the 2nd amendment. By all means backtrack on what you meant, I don't expect much of Jones' sympathizers to have an honest debate in this thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The is a BIG difference in allowing free speech and treason.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
3 Things real fast.

1 the petition was made before Alex went on Mr.Morgans show.
2 Kleindienst v. Mandel (1972) ruling doesnt protect Mr.Morgan just as Anwar al-Aulaqi's killing didn't.
3 We all know Alex exerate a bit how ever the US is going in the direction hes talking about.

I don't believe the guy was talking about you downing the 2nd amendment but Mr.Morgan blasting it .

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

So now you're assuming I'm a Alex Jones supporter???

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baguul
The is a BIG difference in allowing free speech and treason.

And what form of treason did Piers commit? Please, let us know.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

So now you're assuming I'm a Alex Jones supporter???

You don't have to support Alex Jones to sympathize with his views and those of his supporters.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

So if you choose to protect and stand for maintaining the amendments we speak of that makes you a Alex Jones sympathizer?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
He's a Redcoat. He doesn't deserve to have a voice on an American issue.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

So if you choose to protect and stand for maintaining the amendments we speak of that makes you a Alex Jones sympathizer?

Depends. Do you define wanting to deport or silence Piers because you disagree with his views "protecting and maintaining the amendments"?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

BINGO!!!!! Amazing how when you disagree with a thread, the OP trys to shut you down with Semantics! While burying themselves in hypocracy!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mully

Stop calling us Redcoats please.
I like Blue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join